Not a name brand r/c.... but need help

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not a name brand r/c.... but need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Pfeiffer.... Its cool to know now that you were just kidding but Im not sure if some kid just starting up would want to be in this hobby if there afraid to buy what they can afford. Ill admit, Im a dick myself, but if its helping someone that is starting a hobby I love I will not put them down.... Ok.... Im better now lol

Spitfire.... Thank you VERY much. Im on a little to no budget right now but if you dont mind Ill keep that offer in mind.

RideRed... Your a dip shit. Strokers are better then some junk ass Audiobahns? Really? Damn... Ill chat with you from now on... you really know your stuff!

Mort.... I beat three setups locally in the 10-24" class with those over priced, over exagerated, over hyped subs. Keep in mind my subs are "sq" subs and JL are "sql". I will be more impressed with those when the price is half of what they are now... Even then Id be happier with Brahma, DD 9500 series, MTX 9500, Inhumane, RE XXX, and plenty of other subs WORTH the money spent on W7.

Ah fuck it... this board is *almost* useless. To the few that helped, THANK YOU. To the rest.... I wish you raced before or in the early 90's. There were a couple cocky guys but they were out numbered 10 fold by good, kind, considerate, racers. If the tracks are full of cocky "my shit is better then yours" racers then I dont want a "real" car.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
MTX
RE
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

have you heard the Focal range of stuff?
Old 03-09-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Im an spl kinda guy so my highs sound like crap and my subs have a 1000rms min requirement. Focal highs are great! But there subs are too fragle and expensive for my taste.

Im working on a new setup for the Stratus and a little Mazda GLC that will be my daily drivin spl tank. Might go with one 15" xxx in the Stratus but my g/f says it will hurt our car ( lol... it will ) and I dont want to buy alot of amps so Im just focusing on the GLC. Started on a wall and should have 13- 16.5^ft3 of air space to play with... Eather one 15 or 18" Stroker will be in this car to keep cost low, but db's high.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Shocker audio owns u too too bad they dont make them anymore

2 Stroker 18's hitting 165+ on the USAC mic for me
Old 03-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down wwwwwowwwowwowowow

I'm done cya.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by RideRed98
Shocker audio owns u too too bad they dont make them anymore

2 Stroker 18's hitting 165+ on the USAC mic for me
Shocker is sweet as well..... but theres some sigs getting made as we speak.... If your intrested check out http://www.splenduro.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi in " Mike Ankney " in the special guest section. Best prices ever right now. Makes my team mates xxx's look small.

Btw... you got any proof of your score or pics of your ride? Thats a pretty impressive score. Im thinkin of getting an 18" now because I was offered a d4 with a fresh recone for $250. Nice sub if you got the room for a box.

You guys gotta know that that is mostly my g/f's stereo. I picked the components and built and installed everything. We have under $1000 into it including wood, wires, hu, everything and hit high 149's. Pic's speak more then words so if you gotta hate, post pics of your setup.... For what we got into ours, nobody around here is even close... I got the scores from that day posted on our web site.

Thanks for your guy's help so far. If this is ever brought up again heres some links I found very usefull.

http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/circuits.htm
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/gadgets.htm

Not sure if there old news to you guys but some might not have seen these.

Thanks again,
Chad
Old 03-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/usacis10

that was my second setup which i never got to try out...much has changed since then...i have the same amps and batts and head unit otherwise everything else has changed.....i competed in USAC not IDBL or whatever you did as i can see by the 24" classes and such ( dont know what organization it is ) all i have proof of is a little 151 with my old 2 12's on a 1000 watt amp in a wimpy box heh..(newbie setup since its my first season).the other score was taken on a A.C. mic at the local shop which is comparable to the USAC mic up here
Old 03-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

DJ Jiz : Hi Chad
Hope you dun get a bad impression of the racer crowd here. I saw that some of the comments were really uncalled for. I think your RC rides are way cool too bad I cannot get them here in Asia

Just to share a story here.

Two years ago, I was at a BIG race in Malaysia where they invited two top Japanese drivers (Masami Hirosaka and Atsushi Hara) to compete. During a break before the A-mains showdown btw this two former World Champions, Masami actually staged a little "half time show" on the track
No kidding, the guy actually had a little purpose built stunt RC car with him He proceeded to entertain the crowd with a display of RC stunt driving, which he called "rc car dancing" ... interesting stuff like J turns, reverse driving, spinning the car ard as it passed btw his legs and driving with his toes

I think his half time show drew more interest from onlookers interested in the sport than his later on track battle with Hara

Just a little story to show, to enjoy this hobby, you dun have to race cars... just have fun with our toys, be it car hopping or doing broadside slides

Cheers
Old 03-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

DJ--- out of the thousands of members to this board you get 2-3 punks that wise off to you and the majority of us are punks now???

Seems I have met alot more asses in the car audio crowd..... You see when I meet someone from the CA crowd I always was downed for my sterio...... I enjoyed it and it was plenty loud for me (I prefer clarity over nose bleeding bass)...... I just didn't have more money in the stereo than the car........
Old 03-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

RideRed... Damn you have some nice gear... wish we had the money for somthing like that... simple yet just enuf to keep ya busy. Were putting two nine.1's per 15" xxx for daily but 4 each on comp day.... Should pull some decent no wall #'s.

We only have USAC around here but theres not many cars that show so the rules get real basic. This spring will be different after we started last fall. This was our first comp ever so Im happy.

NightKidZ.... Thanks for your replys! I love the story lol... I can almost see it in my head...

I will admit I was pretty bummed when I got the negative replys I got, but Im noticing theres still some true hobbiests out there and I REALLY appreciate those replies.. R/C was always alot of fun and Id hate to see the sport go down hill with all the cool cars and parts available now.

Impactplayr.... I never ment to put down anyone that was helping. The childish replys were alot more common then usfull ones si I got the wrong impression. Its all good now... Just to bad I got started on the wrong foot I guess.

Thanks again guys!

Chad
Old 03-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

yeah i was just playin with ya dude sorry it sounded worse then what i intended it to be. im sure some of the people that posted bad replies were intending sarcasm in their posts....sorry