Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System

Old 03-08-2003, 01:39 AM
Tech Addict

Default Contact...

what were your reservations?
Old 03-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

reservations - we strive to get our electric cars as free as possible, i run dual 1ways and this means that when you lift off the throttle with the BL there is "no" motor drag to slow the car... i entered my first few corners way way too fast!

in the sportsman setting the thing is still a missile i geared low (7.17) and blasted out of corners like cat on carpet!

with this gearing and profile it has basically the same top speed as a good stock mtr but the acceleration is more like a 12t mod (the profile is controled both in max rpm and acceleration)

i managed to strip the rear belt as a result...

have a look at the results - at the club pages below..
Old 03-09-2003, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default looks like Tower...

changed their stock status to "on order" again.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:15 PM
DEH
Tech Initiate

Default Here ya go....

Mine should be here tomorrow...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/prdcls/motemm01.asp
scroll to the middle

Happy shopping
Old 03-09-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Here ya go....

Originally posted by DEH
Mine should be here tomorrow...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/prdcls/motemm01.asp
scroll to the middle

Happy shopping
DEH, Thanks ...a little more compared to Tower's price though...
Old 03-09-2003, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default I called Tower today

and they said they now have them in stock and are shipping out Mon. I got mine for $215.00 Great price!

Also found them cheaper at www.hobbyetc.com $238.99 than at Hobby People
Old 03-10-2003, 12:38 PM
DEH
Tech Initiate

Talking I want it NOW!!! :)

If you're like me you want new stuff, like this, right now or yesterday... Its good to see competetive pricing. I would have bought from Tower, but Hobby People had them in stock before anyone else... I don't mind paying a couple bucks more... But, if I buy another I'll go with the cheaper guys like Tower. I saw these motors being made with my own eyes while on a trip to Socal a couple of months ago. And got to drive Bob's test truck in the parking lot. No more brushes. No more comm cutting.... Ah, yeah......

Cheers

D
Old 03-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Miniman: I have a 5300 Lehner with the same ESC. Do you experience cogging (jerky movement) from a dead stop?
Hi!
I`ve been away for a while... Yes, when giving full throttle from standing still, the car will cog. So, I have been using a 5cell AAA reciever pack. But, I haven`t removed the BEC plug when using the rx pack, but it still makes the throtle smoother(I didn`t think of the BEC plug until some days ago and haven`t run my car after that)

Sometimes, when I start decelerating it will unexpectedly brake by itself quickly, it feels like a glitch.
It happens sometimes on the track when I try to coast in to a tight corner. It brakes, or glitches, and the car does a 180*
I believe the new Hacker/yeti competition controller is smooth without a rx pack.. at least after what I have read.

BTW: How is the speed f the 5300 compared to 12T`s? I plan on getting a faster motor than my 4200 The LMT guys told me that the 1530/6 would be the fastest, but it has less rpm than the basic 5300..

Last edited by miniman; 03-11-2003 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Miniman, good timing. Anyway it feels good that my combination is not alone with the issues. Anyway i invested in a schulze future 58ce. My friend has it and woks really well with the lehner 5300 witout a receiver and I look forward to it. Thanks for your answers.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by miniman
BTW: How is the speed f the 5300 compared to 12T`s? I plan on getting a faster motor than my 4200 The LMT guys told me that the 1530/6 would be the fastest, but it has less rpm than the basic 5300..
I have not tried the 4200 but the 5300 rips the track as far as acceleration and speed. I can definitely gear it to campare to an 8 turn.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Izzy, Miniman, you guys know better This thread's title is "Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System" and not, "I couldn't wait until the Novak BL so I tried something different and it doesn't work as well as I thought" thread hehe.

Anyways, Izzy are you going to race with us at Local anytime soon? Soon being tonight? We usually have enough peeps to run brushless.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

sorry for sliding away from the topic.
I hope enough people will get this system, so that a BL class could be started..
rtypec: Do all of you run the same BL, or do you have different motors?
"I couldn't wait until the Novak BL so I tried something different and it doesn't work as well as I thought"
You forgot to add "more powerfull"
Old 03-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Izzy, Miniman, you guys know better This thread's title is "Novak Super Sport Brushless Motor System" and not, "I couldn't wait until the Novak BL so I tried something different and it doesn't work as well as I thought" thread hehe.

Anyways, Izzy are you going to race with us at Local anytime soon? Soon being tonight? We usually have enough peeps to run brushless.
Hahaha! Rod! and another Ha!
Seriously, Novak is awesome, wait until I get the Schultze ESC and get rid of the damn Cogs and that heavy battery receiver.
Shoot, you should give me that free brushless you got, and buy one your own

Concerning the Brushless race locally. I might have one but I don't drive like you guys, plus I can't bear paying the $5 tronsponder fee :-). I have to get one now. I might drop by though and try to get rid some of my stuff and get me a XXX-4. I wanna also see if I can compete with you guys.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

For the past month or so, Socal's had a full heat of brushless cars. Most of them are Novak BL's with some other brands also competeting. Last week, Mark Pavidas wanted to run Promod but since none of the mod guys were around, he races with us. He layed some pretty heavy smack down with this motor

Umm Izzy, nothing is ever free. Ever since, I was offered to run one, I've broken just about everything in the 414M2 twice. I may be getting another Evo3 in preparation for the Reedy Race and TCS.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
For the past month or so, Socal's had a full heat of brushless cars. Most of them are Novak BL's with some other brands also competeting. Last week, Mark Pavidas wanted to run Promod but since none of the mod guys were around, he races with us. He layed some pretty heavy smack down with this motor

Umm Izzy, nothing is ever free. Ever since, I was offered to run one, I've broken just about everything in the 414M2 twice. I may be getting another Evo3 in preparation for the Reedy Race and TCS.
Just pulling your leg Rod, Peter has tons of EVO 3
and I'm sure he will give you a good price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.