Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 07:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

For any of you guys running Mod do you ever have or had problems with the diff looseing up at all? I ran mod yesturday and had that feeling like the diff was coming loose. It might be me but I think when I hit the throttle hard out of a corner it would slip some. It had good rip down the shoots but when coming out of the corner seemed to have that slipping sound. It did tighten them up some. Was thinking of rebuilding the diffs and using blue thread lock on the diff nut to make sure it can't back off at all.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

you can do that too

but better to change a new diff nut
Old 06-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
For any of you guys running Mod do you ever have or had problems with the diff looseing up at all? I ran mod yesturday and had that feeling like the diff was coming loose. It might be me but I think when I hit the throttle hard out of a corner it would slip some. It had good rip down the shoots but when coming out of the corner seemed to have that slipping sound. It did tighten them up some. Was thinking of rebuilding the diffs and using blue thread lock on the diff nut to make sure it can't back off at all.
Yep- always had that problem with any brand car. I use the blue thread lock always now.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Never had any bad problems in 19turn, apart from when the car was new, after a few days racing the rear slackened off a lot. That was when my motor for last year was new and I had brand new cells too, there was a load of punch out of corners. I actualy kept it loose for a whole race day because the car was so rapid I didn't want to chance any changes at all. It would make an awful noise off the starting grid though The one way up front kept it acclerating without problems.
It always slackens a little after a rebuild, but after a couple runs just tighten it up and they usualy stay as they are.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd

I have changed the Nut out to one from a ALEX CE-4... it seems to have more nylon on the nut and does not slip one bit...not even with a D6 7 single
-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

I use plier to compress/de the diff spring a few times when assembling new. It holds better and no loosening effect so far.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:00 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Well I will tear them down and clean everthing and rebuild with a little locktight and they will be good to go.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Make any progress?? How'd racing go?
Old 06-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm using the locked diff on my R2 & when the steering is turned to the left or right the drive shafts vibrate & make a crunching noise!!!!!!

Any one experience this??????????
Old 06-14-2004, 02:23 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hmm it's your drive universal joint is working ok....no binding maybe you should reduce the End point streering throw
Old 06-14-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

With reduced steering throw it's slightly better & there seems to be no binding.

It does it mostly when the car is slowing down off power & steering is turned left or right!
Old 06-14-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Fan

Hey Pete,
trawled through my pics and found this one which you may find of use.

Back from another incident packed weekend of racing. Qualified 4th again ( yep thats 3rd, 4th, 4th and you guessed it...4th) so far this season in the British Touring Car Cup. Just need to find the final fairy again who really seems to have deserted me this season Just not getting any luck at all this year. But the car is fast and handling all the track surfaces thrown at it with ease!! It also means the Cuda is right up there in the tech charts every time too. Gets more people asking about it every time I race. They just get put off by the price of a new fish over here in rip off Britain!!!!

No damage to report despite some assualts by other cars in the finals Nationals next weekend and no time for prep....just the small task of a couple of hundred or so motors to build etc..etc

Alu dog bones are absolutely shot to bits.......may even have to consider running the stell ones if the new bones dont arrive in time
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-fan-electrics.jpg  
Old 06-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

ah, you're using a tiny wee one, I've got a 40mm now sitting neatly infront of the motor. Seemed to help a bit tonight but it's 12v so doesn't really spin fast enough to produce a great airflow, will get a 5v one when I can.
Where's your fan screwed into?

My cuda went well tonight, after spending the practise clipping corner dots, starting 8th in a busy qualifying so having to go through all the slower drivers, getting knocked around a bit so my suspension arm came loose, twice, second qualifier I also had tyres coming off the rim, third qualifier was fine until half way through the left rear wheel arch/bumper bit tucked itself up on the wheel so the car would spin out occasionaly mid corner, or start spinning for me to catch it
The final was ok though from 2nd to 1st, as the guy on pole struggled with his old Pro2, which he had to use after breaking a hub on his Pro 4.

Worked out why my car fealt so lazy last week, the front bulkhead screws were very loose in the bottom chassis, but I couldn't see it because there's a plastic sheet protecting the chassis
Old 06-14-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Fan

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Hey Pete,
trawled through my pics and found this one which you may find of use.

Back from another incident packed weekend of racing. Qualified 4th again ( yep thats 3rd, 4th, 4th and you guessed it...4th) so far this season in the British Touring Car Cup. Just need to find the final fairy again who really seems to have deserted me this season Just not getting any luck at all this year. But the car is fast and handling all the track surfaces thrown at it with ease!! It also means the Cuda is right up there in the tech charts every time too. Gets more people asking about it every time I race. They just get put off by the price of a new fish over here in rip off Britain!!!!

No damage to report despite some assualts by other cars in the finals Nationals next weekend and no time for prep....just the small task of a couple of hundred or so motors to build etc..etc

Alu dog bones are absolutely shot to bits.......may even have to consider running the stell ones if the new bones dont arrive in time
That Fan on there looks nice... But I have a new Fan layout that might surprise a few of you

BTW ...GazZa_D ... Do you need some New Orange Bones..?? PM me

-Dave
Old 06-14-2004, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, only other places for a fan that I can think of are either along side the motor on the edge of the chassis, making motor changes a pain in the back side. Or if you're running large enough pinions, on the inside, next to the drive shaft, but I've not actualy checked for clearence in there, and you couldn't get a 40mm fan under the top deck.

A lexan airscoop would be the next step but on the tracks I run at it would just scoop up too much debri thrown up by the front left wheel. Don't see much need for it in our weather though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.