Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Delrin Diff housing (substitution possible ??)

I just noticed there is a small split on one of my front outdrives. Check the price of the part and it's pretty expensive !! Any one ever try the the outdrives from Yokomo MR4TC-SD or Pro4 car ? Wonder if it works on Cuda diff gears ? I think I can run mine it for a while more if I move the cvd shaft to the other holes on the outdrive.
Old 05-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Delrin Diff housing (substitution possible ??)

Originally posted by RcMonk
I just noticed there is a small split on one of my front outdrives. Check the price of the part and it's pretty expensive !! Any one ever try the the outdrives from Yokomo MR4TC-SD or Pro4 car ? Wonder if it works on Cuda diff gears ? I think I can run mine it for a while more if I move the cvd shaft to the other holes on the outdrive.
That's a no on both... coz I tried to fit the SD and R2 diffs in the Pro4..
Old 05-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Delrin Diff housing (substitution possible ??)

Oh well. Worth a shot since the outdrives from both the other cars are under $10 and the Cuda one is $22. Maybe this will give me a chance to try my one way-diff.

Originally posted by rc-zombies
That's a no on both... coz I tried to fit the SD and R2 diffs in the Pro4..
Old 05-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
but every car is not perfect.....
Except the Cuda
Old 05-21-2004, 07:03 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Do any other diff rings fit the Cuda? Maybe like HPI or some other car? Just wondering so I can start stacking up on parts for the car.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Anyone running the Speedtech Steel locked spool? If so hoe do the dogbones wear. I use to use IRS pin cushions on my bones so that when they wear I can change them easily but my spool never has any wear and tear on it. Anyone here ever try the IRS pin cushions on a Cuda bone?
Old 05-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone used the Xenon Racing Barracuda R2 Front Aluminum C-Hubs and Xenon Racing Barracuda R2 Aluminum Rear hub Carriers on their R3? I would like to upgrade to the aluminum if they will not cause any adverse handling problems and if they fit properly.

Also, how can I reduce the rear toe to almost zero? I race on carpet in the stock class only and in stock kit form it is way too much rear toe.

Finally I am thinking of going with the Speedway PAL Aluminum/Graphite center shaft for Pal drive system , is this a good choice for the R3. Remember all I race is carpet stock.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

The R3 is a good car out of the box... but it needs a lot of work to work well on High Bite tracks..... ( but I'm trying to get that fixed right now ) as for the R2 it's a great car.... and with a PAL chassis or a Xenon one it has great things going for it ... now as far as the Pro4 goes..... it's right up there with the Cuda on the efficent drive train...more than likely the 2 best cars that have shaft drive..... as far as handleing goes the the Pro4 and the R3 are very simmilar out of the Box for driving and performance.. ..
there are just a few things that I don't care for on the Pro4....oneway gears,knuckles and chassis tweek ..

-Dave
Do you think the r3 will would be fine on outside asphalt. What problems does it have?

Doug
Old 05-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Do any other diff rings fit the Cuda? Maybe like HPI or some other car? Just wondering so I can start stacking up on parts for the car.
Tamiya diff rings are a perfect fit.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Anyone running the Speedtech Steel locked spool? If so hoe do the dogbones wear. I use to use IRS pin cushions on my bones so that when they wear I can change them easily but my spool never has any wear and tear on it. Anyone here ever try the IRS pin cushions on a Cuda bone?
wyd,
I'm running the speedtech spool. It's hardened steel and there is absolutely no wear at all...and that's with running 8 turn motors. There is hardly any wear at the dogbone pin either. The wear tends to occur at the axle, and its not that significant.

No, the IRS pin cushions do not fit. They are approx 2.5 mm diameter while the cuda has 2.0 mm pins in the dogbone.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by linger
Tamiya diff rings are a perfect fit.
Thanks
Old 05-21-2004, 11:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by linger
wyd,
I'm running the speedtech spool. It's hardened steel and there is absolutely no wear at all...and that's with running 8 turn motors. There is hardly any wear at the dogbone pin either. The wear tends to occur at the axle, and its not that significant.

No, the IRS pin cushions do not fit. They are approx 2.5 mm diameter while the cuda has 2.0 mm pins in the dogbone.
Thanks again.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The R3 is a good car out of the box... but it needs a lot of work to work well on High Bite tracks..... ( but I'm trying to get that fixed right now ) as for the R2 it's a great car.... and with a PAL chassis or a Xenon one it has great things going for it ... now as far as the Pro4 goes..... it's right up there with the Cuda on the efficent drive train...more than likely the 2 best cars that have shaft drive..... as far as handleing goes the the Pro4 and the R3 are very simmilar out of the Box for driving and performance.. ..
there are just a few things that I don't care for on the Pro4....oneway gears,knuckles and chassis tweek ..

-Dave
Every car needs work (if you're defining work as setting it up) no one car is going to work out of the box. Now, some have said in the past, the car push, the car over steers...etc...etc. Personally I'm a firm believer that you can make any car work as long as you have the patient and the knowledge to set it up. No car out there is built with an inherent push or a certain handling characteristics. And there are more than enough adjustments on all these high-end cars on the market to correct any undersired handling traits.

So Doug, to answer your question, yes, the R3 will be fine on asphalt as it is with all other cars on the market (Pro4, CGM, TC3...etc.) and no, it does not have a "problem"

okay, sorry, just gotta vent (I see these type of posting way too many times, all over r/c tech) lets move on to some tuning postings

Steve Wang
Old 05-22-2004, 03:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Every car needs work (if you're defining work as setting it up) no one car is going to work out of the box.
So Doug, to answer your question, yes, the R3 will be fine on asphalt as it is with all other cars on the market (Pro4, CGM, TC3...etc.) and no, it does not have a "problem"

okay, sorry, just gotta vent (I see these type of posting way too many times, all over r/c tech) lets move on to some tuning postings

Steve Wang

umm OK

anyways ...

Just Buy the Car and you will see it's a great car ...Me though....I think that it needs more for My local tracks but thats just Me ..... Everyone has there opinions
-Dave
Old 05-22-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Also MR-4 TC diff rings work too
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.