Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Victory, Victoire, Vittoria

Originally posted by madjack
Nice work David,

I'll assume you will be posting a set-up sheet in the near future?

JC
Same setup as Tuesday 4/29/03 plus rubber diff.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

OK, did I miss something? rubber diff

Anyway, got back about half an hour ago from Carlisle's Pirelli sponsered event, and I know thats spelt correct cause I won a Pirelli hat in a raffle with my free raffle ticket
I ran my 19T motor even though it was the usual upto 12T allowed, but I wanted to get a feel for the car and gearing that will be needed in three weeks time at that track for the Scottish Champs. It's been wet all week and we were expecting some wet racing, the rain stopped for the start of the day and the track was drying during practise but I still used my RC Lab for the first qualifier, I only got 13laps, I was under geared and the car was handling poorly. I decided to switch to my cuda for the second run as the track was nearly fully dry and CS22's were gripping well. I didn't get my gear mesh correct though, it was too loose and after a lap I had a toothless spur Third and final qualifier and it was time to try do a decent time, put my car on the track and notice the ride height is a little low at the rear, I pick it up and screw the rear shocks down a bit and off I go to the rostrum. half a lap later my car starts acting very strange and I pull in to find I had unthreaded the shock cap from the body, DOH! well I wanted to see how the car was going to I screw it back on and went out with an empty rear shock and it handled suprisingly well, turned a little different one way to the other but I could tell the setup wasn't too bad. I actually got 12laps even though I'd spent three or so in fixing the car.
I was last in the bottom of three finals, only four in my final though, and after a lap I was second then after one more lap I was first. I was running away fairly easily and about one and a half minutes from the end I was lapping second place when he took me out on the next corner, I got back on the track after some grass rallying but my car was making the dreaded knackered spur gear noise. I managed to finish first still, even though I was just waiting for the car to come to a complete halt, with a fast 16 lapper.
We ran two finals so I had to find a spur gear to use and I hadn't got any more spares, a club mate had a weird looking HPI 75 tooth, it only just fitted and after gearing for a little more speed I was ready to go. First lap and I was first but I wasn't concentrating well and made silly mistakes to let second place through, my tyres were slipping off a little at the rear too so the car spun out a few times on right handers. I started taking it easy and got some good lap times in and half way through the race I was back to first. Last lap and I again stopped thinking and ran wide, TWICE onto the grass stupid me I ended up second and since my qualifying position was so bad and the guy who took first managed to move up to second when the guy I was lapping took me out, I was given second overall. Ahwell, it wasn't an important race, probably why I didn't concentrate in the second final.
Old 05-04-2003, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Victory, Victoire, Vittoria

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
CUDA WINS at So-Cal !
Finally after weeks of testing it was coming, just a matter of when. Well with the help of the new "Rubber Diff" it was time the CUDA took that final step to the top of the podium

I am so stoked on this car right now....

Thanks for all the assistance Steve & Madjack.

I think now its "Our Time"

TQ, and win 19T spec class.

Outstanding!!!

BTW whats this "RUBBER" Diff Please tell me more

-Dave
Old 05-04-2003, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Here is something for you guys with the PAL drive system to look at ..SPEEDWAY PAL will de selling these buy the end of this month

-Dave
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-pal-carbon-shaft.jpg  
Old 05-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Here is something for you guys with the PAL drive system to look at ..SPEEDWAY PAL will de selling these buy the end of this month

-Dave
Sweet!Now all I need is the Speedway/Pal drive system..lol...soon!
Old 05-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Arrow PAL Carbon Shaft...

That carbon shaft looks pretty sweet. Is it lighter than the stock PAL Aluminum Shaft?
Any word on how much they will cost?

-Andrew
Old 05-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: PAL Carbon Shaft...

Originally posted by Bartz!
That carbon shaft looks pretty sweet. Is it lighter than the stock PAL Aluminum Shaft?
Any word on how much they will cost?

-Andrew

Yes they are about 5 grams lighter than the normal PAL shaft...

I think that they will be in the 2000~3000 Yen price range retail
-Dave
Old 05-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: PAL Carbon Shaft...

Yes they are about 5 grams lighter than the normal PAL shaft...

I think that they will be in the 2000~3000 Yen price range retail
-Dave
How about comparing with the original Alex graphite shaft??
Old 05-04-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: PAL Carbon Shaft...

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
How about comparing with the original Alex graphite shaft??
BUt this shaft is Hollow

-Dave
Old 05-04-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Redbullfixx,

Congratulations, you certainly deserved it. You've been putting in a lot of miles for us, thank you very much

Guys, no word on the "rubber diff" until after the Reedy race, the competition might steal the idea. Redbull, I got one of them in my car right now, we'll see how it works on Tuesday!

Steve Wang
Old 05-04-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SpeedTech

Guys, no word on the "rubber diff" until after the Reedy race, the competition might steal the idea. Redbull, I got one of them in my car right now, we'll see how it works on Tuesday!

Steve Wang
Man you are holding out

-Dave
Old 05-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone have any ideas on how I could make my R2 less grippy on tight, medium grip ashphalt track. Both ends of the car hugged the corners so much that it was difficult to not go wide on them. I would prefer the rear end to break traction so I can take the corners a little tighter.
Old 05-05-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by itchynads
Anyone have any ideas on how I could make my R2 less grippy on tight, medium grip ashphalt track. Both ends of the car hugged the corners so much that it was difficult to not go wide on them. I would prefer the rear end to break traction so I can take the corners a little tighter.
Well for starters what set up are you running now.. ..from there I can help you out

-Dave
Old 05-05-2003, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Well for starters what set up are you running now.. ..from there I can help you out

-Dave
Ahh yeah maybe that would help

-2.5 deg rear toe in
50wt all around
1.5x5.25 springs all around
shock positions standard except front is stood up one hole at the top.
-0.5 deg front camber
-1 deg rear camber

I'm thinking of flipping my rear alloy hubs over to get 1 degree toe in but that seems a bit extreme. Don't have any swaybars so there goes one tuning option My first choice would have been to put the rear bars on.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Post Flap

here are a few items i got today in the mail
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-flap-chassi-kit.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.