Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 >

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 08-24-2003, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Talking WOW!

Run the Cuda at my local track for the first time.

I ran the TC3 to give me some lap times to aim for then put same motor/tyre combo on the Cuda and went for it. Straight out of the box using RBF's Reedy set up was matching the times with my sorted??? TC3

Went up a pinion cos the Cuda could easily pull the bigger gear, couls have probably gone up another tooth (64dp) without any problems. Only other cahnge on the car was to move the front shock upper mounting in 2 holes (back to kit I think) to give a touch more initial turn in.

Car responded very well to the changes and by the third run on a med/hard insert vice med the Cuda was over a second a lap faster than my TC3!!!!!

Was even able to run similar laps to a 19T driver and only lost out a bit down the main staight.

Everyone trackside extreemely impressed with my new mount and local top dog wooried I was over 1/2 second a lap faster than his best.

Thanks for your help and advice guys.

Roll on the nationals next week
Old 08-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Looks like RBF's setup is a good starting point, I'll have to try it when my springs arrive.
I've found myself regularaly going back to using a very close to kit setup but with RC Lab pinks up front (a step stiffer than kit)
It seems to give a nice balance for most tracks, with a few adjustments needed with shock positions/droop/camber to get the turn in right or back end to follow nicely around corners.
I just wish I had the opertunity to spend a day or two at a track getting the car fully tuned, instead of settling for a good but not quite right setup.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:44 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
no blue?
If you want blue, just use the Associated Factory Team titanium blue ones...
Old 08-24-2003, 07:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: WOW!

Originally posted by Gazza_D
Run the Cuda at my local track for the first time.

I ran the TC3 to give me some lap times to aim for then put same motor/tyre combo on the Cuda and went for it. Straight out of the box using RBF's Reedy set up was matching the times with my sorted??? TC3

Went up a pinion cos the Cuda could easily pull the bigger gear, couls have probably gone up another tooth (64dp) without any problems. Only other cahnge on the car was to move the front shock upper mounting in 2 holes (back to kit I think) to give a touch more initial turn in.

Car responded very well to the changes and by the third run on a med/hard insert vice med the Cuda was over a second a lap faster than my TC3!!!!!

Was even able to run similar laps to a 19T driver and only lost out a bit down the main staight.

Everyone trackside extreemely impressed with my new mount and local top dog wooried I was over 1/2 second a lap faster than his best.

Thanks for your help and advice guys.

Roll on the nationals next week
The R2 is the car to have right now, it's so easy to tune, and so fast box stock. You really don't need any hopups on the car, but what fun would it be without breaking your wallet on hopups
Old 08-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: WOW!

Originally posted by Randman
The R2 is the car to have right now, it's so easy to tune, and so fast box stock. You really don't need any hopups on the car, but what fun would it be without breaking your wallet on hopups
Don"t let Gazza_D fool you that Web Cuda is loaded with all of the same goodies that yo have on you web Randy....I sent that Car to him....He was the guy that got the other one.. Xenon Hubs...in orange and a PAL drive system..

-Dave
Old 08-24-2003, 08:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Re: WOW!

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Don"t let Gazza_D fool you that Web Cuda is loaded with all of the same goodies that yo have on you web Randy....I sent that Car to him....He was the guy that got the other one.. Xenon Hubs...in orange and a PAL drive system..

-Dave
...but is it PAL Type A equipped???
Old 08-24-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: WOW!

...but is it PAL Type A equipped???
Nope but it`s just as loaded as the Orange one that I have now..

-Dave
Old 08-25-2003, 12:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Once mine is finished, we're gonna have 3 of em that are loaded like yours
Old 08-25-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech Champion

Once mine is finished, we're gonna have 3 of em that are loaded like yours
Sounds sweet..

BTW you have a PM

-Dave
Old 08-25-2003, 12:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Back at ya Dave-O
Old 08-25-2003, 04:00 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: shocks

Spacer #15 is a little bit of a pain in the ass to get in correctly... My trick is to slide it over the shaft of a wrench, until it buts up against the handle part (this works with my MIP .050 wrench, not sure about others) and just press it in the cap until the lowest piece of the spacer sits about 1mm out from the bottom of the cap. You'll see how far it's supposed to stick out once you get all 4 done, and just make sure they are all the same. The rear of the R2 has uptravel problems, and one of my tricks to get a little bit more is once the spacer is in all the way, I shave it flush with the bottom of the cap, this gives you a little more uptravel, and takes away the need for front shock bodies in the rear. Be sure that those caps are not sitting at an angle, otherwise your shaft will bind. The shaft should be very smooth, with only a little bind caused by the O-Rings when you get everything done right.
thx
r u using green slime on ur shock shafts?
Old 08-25-2003, 05:26 AM
TC3
Tech Regular

should i uese the short ballcups on the rear shocks, or on the front shocks?
i installed the quick shockmounts , but they are way to long, if u wnat tho change the shockposition u have to remove mor than one nut
i think i ll cut them a little bit...
Old 08-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

You shouldn't have to remove more than one nut with the quick shockmounts
From the pictures I've seen they do look a little long but maybe thats for an option of mounting the shocks a different way.
Anyway, you should have the flat square section on the side the shock goes, and then the short end goes through the tower and is held by a nut on the other side, so you only have to remove the one nut to move the shock mounting position
Old 08-25-2003, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Re: shocks

Originally posted by TC3
thx
r u using green slime on ur shock shafts?
I usually do, but I ran out recently, so I just coat them in shock oil before I push them through the O-Rings.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by TC3
should i uese the short ballcups on the rear shocks, or on the front shocks?
i installed the quick shockmounts , but they are way to long, if u wnat tho change the shockposition u have to remove mor than one nut
i think i ll cut them a little bit...
They are too long... You'll propably have to take the camber link off in order to change the shock position, so you may want to shorten them and see if it will work. The shocks are still really close to the camber link though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.