Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Old 08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Ask Steve at Speed Tech if he can get it for you 1st....and if he can`t then try Ko`s Importer..and if that doesn`t work...I`ll se what I can do....but you had better act fast....really fast like try to find out by friday next week if you can 100%..because I think that they only made 50 of the Orange drive systems...and I know of 25 of then that are being used right now in the Tokyo/ Yokohama area..

-Dave
On that subject, has PAL given you any timeframe on when the orange hubs and hexes will be avalible?

Check your PM
Old 08-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I have to dig it up...but I`ll find it for you.... I just measured some more gears tonight and I just found out that alex makes 3 gears now..!!! ..ohhh well the new new new...ones only need a 0.1mm shim an the 1st R2 ones need a 0.2mm shim and the R1 gears need 0.3mm shim... also it make the car more quiet because it keeps the gear from going back and forth..

-Dave
Hi Dave: I took apart my R2 in preparation for a race tom and while rebuilding everything back together, I checked for the play on the gear you mentioned, mine doesn't have the slack at all. I checked for binding and my drivetrain seems to be smooth and can also rotate with out the motor up to about 12 sec siimilar to what Randman has posted the other thread. I filed down the diff gears and the shaft gear and the drive train is more smoother now.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Mine didn't have much slack either, but you still want to eliminate all the slack, also, as to make the bevel gears fit less snugly into the bearing, I sanded down the part that goes into the bearings until they were a smooth fit, rather than a snug fit. Less pressure on the bearings means less resistance.
Old 08-01-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here are some stickies a friend at the sign shop made for me
some of those will look great on my new ride...
Old 08-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

Originally posted by Randman
On that subject, has PAL given you any timeframe on when the orange hubs and hexes will be avalible?

Check your PM
The Web didn't come with orange Hexes? if not... I want some too...
Old 08-01-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Holy crap... Which do I have
I don`t know...you`ll have to look at the gears...and put them together... but as far as the pink one...I`ll have that one figure out really fast
-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

Check your PM
The end of this week or the begining of next week....I`m going down to PAL on tuesday next week to get some of there hubs and such for the Black Cuda ehehehehe

then I can get a 100% sure answer from them on when my stuff comes back..
-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Web Special

Originally posted by rc-zombies
my good buddy Dan... got the second Web special from Steve...
Hey buddy, yours should arrive by monday. I saw the UPS driver picked it up yesterday.

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

yeah, I found that out too. No orange hex. But even with it, it'll probably be mount when displaying the car but not racing it. Just like with the orange dog bones. They look so sweet but can't be replaced so I'm thinking of running it with regular dog bones to save the orange ones. Same with the orange body post.

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

PAL doesn`t make them ..you have to buy the normal Alex ones and get them color changed by them or a shop that can do it in the states...but PAL charges 2$ a piece to change the color on a item

-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

The orange web special is too nice a car and now, I'm thinking I should get another cuda just for racing. I would love to see a web special that came in blue so the color alloys can be replaceable. What do you think?

Dave, Steve? you think talking to Alex Racing to come out with one since the demands are so high that they'll eventually make one similar but more in production and still keep the orange one as a collector's items? I would mind forking out five bills again.

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Randman,

I might take my guests and drop by Poway tomorrow for bit to see you race. I'm thinking they won't mind as long as we end up in San Diego for lunch. haha!

Are you running the web car or your blue one?

Dan
Old 08-01-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Web Special

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
yeah, I found that out too. No orange hex. But even with it, it'll probably be mount when displaying the car but not racing it. Just like with the orange dog bones. They look so sweet but can't be replaced so I'm thinking of running it with regular dog bones to save the orange ones. Same with the orange body post.

Dan
I would run the rear Alloy dog bones...and put the steel ones up front...I doubt you ever break or bend a Rear alloy dog bone ...also good idea on the front posts..
But you can order replacement parts...there should have been a little 10X4 inch piece of paper that had orange and black writing on it so you could register the Web R2...thats the only way that you can get replacement parts for the Web R2.. ..because ALEX "Will Not" Sell any replacement parts for the web R2 with out that paper on file with them... so if Steve has that paper...you might want to tell hime to send that paper in so you guys can get the parts when they break...( that are Web ed. specific..

Just my 2 bits`
-Dave
Old 08-01-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

The orange web special is too nice a car and now, I'm thinking I should get another cuda just for racing. I would love to see a web special that came in blue so the color alloys can be replaceable. What do you think?

Dave, Steve? you think talking to Alex Racing to come out with one since the demands are so high that they'll eventually make one similar but more in production and still keep the orange one as a collector's items? I would mind forking out five bills again.

Dan
Dave was saying yo can buy a reversed chassis and motor mount, now pal drive system too, so you could get a normal cuda and convert it
Old 08-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Dan
Just wait here about a month...Xenon will have there Barracuda Chassis conversion kit for the R1 and R2 ...and Alex will be letting EXCEL market there own Version of the R2 with there own special chassis and other parts with the Right side motor like the Web R2...also I "think# that it will Incorporate the Short Span A-arm that has hinge pins vice 6.8mm balls... so that will be a 1st for the R2....

I`ll have one I know that for sure...

-Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.