Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T2R Vs xray fk05

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default T2R Vs xray fk05

I just shattered my fk 05 chassis and it is also up for a anew set of bearings. So now im considering replacing it with a T2r because by the time i replace the worn out parts the cost will be the same . I intend to race the car in mod class which can at times be rough and tumble so the T2R s cheaper chassis parts sre a very appealing selling point. I want to put a one way in the front and was wondering if the fk05 oneway will fit in the T2R.

Now the big question is performance ? Will the T2R be a step forward over the fk05 being that it is a newer design, or is it more of a car park racer and would i be better to stick with the 05 until i get the $$ for a 007.

thanks for any help
Old 01-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

T2r is great, in mod the composite out drives will wear pretty fast, (but they are only $10USD a pair to replace) so as long as the fk04 diffs are good, just put them in instead. the one BIG thing to bear in mind is that the diffs on the T2r have 34 teeth and the FK04 diffs have 32 teeth (i think) so you cant use one of each, and if you do put in the 04 diffs it will change your internal drive ratio by a fraction, so when you are calculating FDRs or rollouts you will need to bear this in mind.

get the T2r, because at the very least its cheap parts for a 007, and if you are running mod, you will eventually end up breaking stuff...

Pete
Old 01-04-2007, 04:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I'm sticking with my FK05, I've ignored the T2R, seems cheap and nasty, although yes the FK05 diff will fit it, it's some flexi composite material and am ignoring the T2-007 as a lot of local racers have had problems (ie bearings). If you're intent on the T2R be aware it's composite land, and a lot of the FK05 bits such as diffs can be changed over.

But if it were me, I'd hunt down a second hand FK05. It's a lot cheaper too!

(T2-007 Chassis is $720 here and I can't justify that when the FK05 is still very competitive!)