Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which fuel do YOU use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Motorman so is Byron's the same as Mugen? And you told me before that you liked Wildcat fuel. Which would you choose if you could get anything you wanted?
Old 03-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've never used wildcat nor do I feel the need to. It may be good fuel, however NO fuel I have tested (and believe me I have used alot of them for testing) or created on my own gives me the engine life I have seen on Mugen. None. Byron and Mugen fuel are the same and it is the only fuel I will run. Occasionally I will try someones new concoction usually just to go back to what has never failed me in all these years.

Tenessees and Brads math add up into the 14 gallon plus range per engine on a modified race motor. That alone should say something about the lubricant type, volume and makeup Byron uses.

I've also tried and played with all the tricky oils out there that blenders are putting in their fuel. I generally know the true name of most of them from the refiner. Blenders all call it other things. One of the most popular synthetic 2 stroke oils out there is made by Union Carbide Corporation. Its Stock designation is LB265 available in 55 gallon drums. This is the base synthetic used in a lot of blenders fuels along with bakers grade AA castor and a dye or no dye.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Dude youre scaring us

Quit typing and get to grinding
Old 03-04-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm gonna have 6 beers then hack up some cranks: BURP: Yours! LOL

I can see your just out slummin
Old 03-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default OIL SMOIL DRINK ANOTHER!

Stock # @#GFHG#$%^&^ Holy Shi@ Union Carbide, I thought they made end mills. I think red snapper is the best. Really!
I will ask some librarians what they think later.
Old 03-04-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hooooo Weeeeeeeee!

Hooo Weeeeeeee look at that red snapper!
Old 03-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

So where is everyone getting their fuel from? Hobby Store or Online??
Old 03-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

I get my fuel straight from mugen.
Old 03-05-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Race Formula 3000 by Byron's
Old 03-06-2003, 05:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Is that the name of the fuel you guys use from Mugen? What is the oil content in that? We need some specifics because they have a few different types of Byron fuel.

Jon
Old 03-06-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

You can use the Byrons race in 20%30%
I think it has 11% oil

Or you can get the mugen brand in 20% 30 % 40 % with 11% oil

Call Byrons at 712-364-3165

www.byronfuels.com

click on to the web site above

You can learn all they're is about fuels

Last edited by tennessee; 03-06-2003 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mix your own... You never have to worry about stuff up's, and theres no colouring in it.....
Old 03-07-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

of course,if you want to know the TRUTH about what goes in your fuel,you can visit www.wildcatfuel.com heres a few tidbits off the site.

NITROMETHANE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wildcat's Nitromethane is the highest grade in the World today and is the preferred Nitromethane of the NHRA, IHRA, and IHBA. Top fuel drivers such as Alan Johnson, Gary Scelzi, and Larry (Spiderman) McBride "Fastest man on two wheels" use our Nitro because of our quality and receive no sponsorship. Our Nitro is sold under the trade names Sunoco for the NHRA and IHRA, and 76 for the IHBA. Sunoco is the largest race fuel manufacturer in the world today.

Wildcat uses a proprietary Nitromethane which is the highest quality of Nitro available with a purity rating of greater than 99.95%. This is the HIGHEST purity rating in the industry! Lesser grades of Nitro are available at 99.7% and below, but Wildcat chooses not to use them. Those lesser quality Nitro's contain other Nitroparafins such as Nitroethane, Nitropropane, and II-Nitropropane (a known carcinagen). Wildcat's Nitromethane is the ONLY Nitromethane to contain NO II-Nitropropane. Other companies claim to have a high quality Nitromethane but when you ask them the purity percentages and II Nitropropane contamination they simply won't say, their silence speaks volumes! If a company claims to use a purer Nitro than Wildcat they are misleading you.

METHANOL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wildcat uses a 99.9% pure, first run virgin methanol. Second generation (technical grade Methanol) is available at half the price but Wildcat will NEVER use them. Our Methanol is the highest grade available in the US. Wildcat's methanol is so good we supply it to the MOPAR Sprint Car Engine Test Facility.

OIL PACKAGES

Wildcat uses only Klotz lubrication packages. Wildcat's lubrication packages were designed in cooperation with Klotz and are proprietary. We use only the highest grade pressed and degummed racing castor. Any castor that is not degummed does not have the same superior properties as BeNol. While other companies settle for lower grade AA castor, we use Klotz BeNol. BeNol has a 25% greater film strength, higher load capacity, and reduced varnishing properties than the lower grade AA castor most companies use. Once again when the others choose the lesser grade materials to save money we choose quality. We back up our claims!

OIL PROPERTIES: While our competitors won't even tell you the oil contents of their products Wildcat is so proud of our lubrication packages we even give you specific properties. Once again Wildcat leads the way!

BENOL CHARACTERISTICS

BeNol has a 25% greater film strength, higher load carrying capacity, and reduced varnishing properties than the lower grade AA castors.

Smoke Rating: 4-5 1=Fog 10=No Smoke
Clean Burn: 3-5 1=Heavy Deposits 10=No Carbon
Film Strength: 10 1=Failure 10=Virtually No Wear
Viscosity @ 100 F: 950 - 1000 SUS 50W @ 40 C: 220cSt
Pour Point: 0 F

Flash Point: 520 F
Rust Prevention: Contains rust inhibitors.
Certification: A.P.I. S.A. Intended for Racing Engines
Biodegradability: 100%

SYNTHETICS CHARACTERISTICS

Our synthetics are the top rated in the industry boasting higher load carrying capacities, greater film strength, lower carbon formation, higher heat capacitance, and lowest smoke factor of any synthetic.

Smoke Rating: 10 1=Fog 10=No Smoke
Clean Burn: 10 1=Heavy Deposits 10=No Carbon
Film Strength: 5 1=Failure 10=Virtually No Wear
Viscosity: Varies with blend.
Pour Point: -20 to -15

Flash Point: 410 F to 460 F
Rust Prevention: Contains rust inhibitors.
Certification: A.P.I. S.A. Intended for Racing Engines
Biodegradability: 100%

For more information on Klotz lubricants go to www.kloztlube.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW....you see on the Byrons site,under car fuel,where he says he uses the HIGHER quality Nitro?....

You see where Wildcat fuels says he uses the HIGHEST quality nitro available?

Compare the oil qualitys......

if you read both sites,and still run Byron(or any other brand),you're not getting the big picture....

or the best fuel for that matter......

Last edited by fastharry™; 03-07-2003 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Errr why nobody used Tornado ??/.....
Old 03-07-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

[IMG] http://www.byronfuels.com/mugen-seiki.html[/IMG]

Here's the big picture..........

Last edited by tennessee; 03-07-2003 at 09:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.