Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is it just a strength issue?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malik
Is it just a strength issue?
I bent a few of the stock ones and decided to try this to see if they stop bending. So far it is perfect.

Colin
Old 06-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

I just earlier made my rear outers captured with screws, has that tured into a breaking point for anyone? I have broken a front lower arm but never a rear and dont have spares, should I grab a set now because of that? I had every other pin converted to the threaded ones and was hoping to find a match for the rear outers with no success cheaply.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I just earlier made my rear outers captured with screws, has that tured into a breaking point for anyone? I have broken a front lower arm but never a rear and dont have spares, should I grab a set now because of that? I had every other pin converted to the threaded ones and was hoping to find a match for the rear outers with no success cheaply.
I have never broken a rear arm, but carrying a set of spares is always a good idea.

Colin
Old 06-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, well as far as threaded hinge pins go, there is a very cheap and trustworthy option. I use the CEN threaded hinge pins for the Genesis for the front inners, and you get an extra set. As for the outers, for the rear, go on tony's screws and order some 3mm X 45mm screws for the rear, and some 3mm X 35mm screws for the front. The cool thing about these screws is that they are smooth for the first 2/3s. And this area is where you will have the pivoting.
So far this has worked great for me. For the front though, you might want to get some 3 x 40s instead because there is more smooth part so there won't be any binding, but like I said, I haven't had any problems. All of this is a relatively cheap conversion, too.
I hope this answers the questions on threaded hinge pins.
Tom
Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

I use the genesis ones for the front upper lower and outer. The outer with a few shims to take care of the extra length, the rear outer I tried to get the Jammin ones but you have to buy the whole set forget that. So finally I just ground them down and drilled for set screws. I didnt want to go that way with it because I also race a Factory team T4 and when an arm breaks, it is where the set screw is most o the time. So I was worried about where I drilled out becoming a weak spot, I never broke a rear arm 1 front on a really bad landing. I carry spare fronts and I guess I should pic up a set of rears now too.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use the genesis ones for the front upper lower and outer. The outer with a few shims to take care of the extra length, the rear outer I tried to get the Jammin ones but you have to buy the whole set forget that. So finally I just ground them down and drilled for set screws. I didnt want to go that way with it because I also race a Factory team T4 and when an arm breaks, it is where the set screw is most o the time. So I was worried about where I drilled out becoming a weak spot, I never broke a rear arm 1 front on a really bad landing. I carry spare fronts and I guess I should pic up a set of rears now too.

Malik,

I did the screw type transformation for my buggy, but for the truggy i followed the Andrew Smolnick advide and just put a drop of shoe goo on each e-clip and no problem ... i did that and not even the shoe goo has come out ...

cya,
Old 06-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey a little help on my brakes!

"Do you guys run springs between your brake pads? It seems like the brakes drag if I run too much and heat up... I’m going to try ofna springs and adjuster"

So i added the adjuster and springs to no prevail.... Bummed, please help, i want to hit the track!!!

"I have all stock factory drive train. I know I need the cross pins and center CVD??? Can you give me a run down of what I need to change and set up specs for racing?
What parts will wear and spares I should carrier (drivetrain)"

Thanks for the help.

SIXPAC
Attached Thumbnails CEN Matrix TR-thanks-157r.jpg  
Old 06-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

I had said it earlier that I highly suggest getting the Advantage brake discs they are like $13 from A-main. They grab 10 times better and you lose like 3 ounces of weight, you only need 1 pack. As far as spares get a set or front lower and upper arms the cnc front hubs Genes front upper turnbuckes and ackerman plate, plastic steering parts, front and rear hubs, and maybe some extra hinge pins, and some outdrives, I think that should be it. I keep an extra fuel tank and front and rear shock ends and shock rebuild and shock cap inserts too though. I would definetly ge the crosspins but you dont need center cvd's, I dont run them. Hope that helps.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

sixpac, you can try to loosen the screws that hold the break pads on the bulkhead. Keep in mind though, that you will need to adjust the trims and stuff on the radio.
Tom
Old 06-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Well today I installed my 1st aluminum clutch, Anew 13tooth Cen bell Cen gold springs and King Heads mbx5 hard alum shoes. I went and ran a few tanks though it and wow it is crazy, I had no idea there would be so much of a difference. Crazy snap, it actually seems as though it is faster. I hope it dont rain saturday I belive it is a points series race day at my local track, I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Big difference between the aluminum and carbon shoes. When I switched to aluminum shoes, I immediately noticed a difference in punch and the engine felt really responsive and snappy.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

I my 3 qualifiers today I came in 1st in#1 2nd in #2 5th in #3"Flameout. And in the A-main I finished 3rd with another flameout. Still having alittle tuning trouble since going from the JP-1 to the 3. I am actually having clutch bearings explode and I have tried a few different brans, what kind are you guys running?
Old 06-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, im going back to my country and my Truggy finally its ready to race, sadly i will not race it till July 13th and 14th during one of the Chilean nats stages ... :

cya,
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Tabushi, what did you do to do away with the wing braces? I know you are using the stock chassis. I have been asking for a while now if I could get the BCE chassis use buggy braces and leave the rest of the truck the way it is. Or wth the BCE chassis can you just put all te stock stuff on it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.