Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Robert what center spur are you using and are you using the 43/10 HB ring and pinion in the diff housing? Also are you using the HB center F/R drive shafts?

If you don't mind post your shock and Diff setup?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes i am using the hb ring and pinion im using a 48K spur

my diffs use to be 10/20/5
now i tried 5/10/2 and its dialed
shocks are 50 in front
30 in the rear #2s all around
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I know people are buying the BCE chassis so I am in the market for a new stock factory race chassis I need 1 bad. I like all the stuff you guys are doing and would love to do it to mine but I just dont have the loot to do it. Maybe if my tr was the only truck I raced but I race electric 10th scale too. And I dont want to give up either 1. I will tell you guys this though at any track I go to I get a few looks because I usually am the only guy there who runs nitro and electric lol. My 4 kids puts a damper on my fun sometimes but it is okay.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Nice n colorful Robert!

haha. Truck looked good at Rev this weekend.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Addict

Andrew,are we gonna see a Matrix II truggy too?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I got to look at the Prototype Matrix TR II, and hold it this past weekend, at the Florida State race, gene had his with him, but was not racing it... I haven't held or personally looked at a now a days matrix TR, but the prototype is very nice.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik
Nice n colorful Robert!

haha. Truck looked good at Rev this weekend.

now that you said that it is a little colorful yellow, green, red

well see ya this weekend
Old 04-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Malik, Justin has done really good with his stock Matrix TR over the past year. He has been in every A- main with it except the Pro Series Finals where he was in the B-main. So the truck is really fast stock and durable. It only let us down one time at a Pro Series South race where he was running 3rd and come off a huge jump and landed on his left rear tire. The rear left dog-bone spun out of the out-drive and put us a few laps down. Started running -3 degrees of camber in the rear and never happened again. So out of a years worth of racing I think that’s a good track record. Cen is working really hard to get up to speed and when the new buggy is released later this year you will see more Cens running up front and getting more recognition. Can’t beat the price either.

We put the Kyosho rear drive in. It fit but was way to long with the BCE chassis for our liking. With a little chassis flex it would bend because it’s just to fare up in the center out-drive. The pin was also a tick long and would catch the brake disk so we took it out. Went back to the dog-bone in the center rear.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

you can run an hpi/hotbodies out drive in the rear center (where the dogbone is)
cause its like 1/3 the weight of the stock one and last longer
up front if you want the rear cvd of the buggy fits up front on the tr
Old 04-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the encouragement, I was kinda getting discouraged with all the mods I see everybody doing. My season is starting this month I am new to the tr and truggy class period. I am very confident in the TR and I am getting used to it with the little time I have on it. I have 2 questions 1 When I jump more than not the truck nosedives alot, is that me or do you guys do something with weight somewhere? 2 is there a shock rebuild kit for the shocks I havent seen one anywhere and if so where do I get 1? For the weight Q I am all stock with genes ackerman plate.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

check your brake set up and bias, if your front brakes are dragging it will make it nose dive, the way you hit the jump will also affect how it flys too, also your shock set up too, its not a weight thing I doubt,

the 2nd question, there isn't a shock re-build kit where you get everything in one bag, but you can buy everything seperate, which IMO is better because then you only get the parts you need,
Old 04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Justin runs Gene’s Winter Champs setup from the Cen Racing web site. We run an OS Speed with a Reckward Turning 13T clutch bell. For diff setup 5/20/3 with pins. We used Gene front blue turnbuckles up front and Jammin plastic steering parts. Everything else completely stock. We never had a problem with the truck noise diving. Make sure your drive train is free and that your brakes aren’t dragging when off throttle. The stock front turnbuckles are heavy especially if you have done the hinge-pin through the center mod.

For the shocks I had to order the o-rings and plastic spacer separate. I don’t know of a shock rebuild kit from Cen. Parts numbers: G70302 and MX088. We don’t rebuild them often just change the oil after every couple races. Even the diaphragm’s last forever. We have had to replace a few shock shafts from them getting bent and a bunch of shock boots. Can't wait to get the new shock package. Going to be a big improvement.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, I keep my truck very clean no binding anywhere or brake drag. Probably my trigger finger as I only raced electric before, plus I have only been to a bmx track for break in a few times. Winter just as of a few days ago is over so tracks around here are prepping now. And no indoor nitro here. I was asking a few of the electric guys I race with and they said I should transition smoothly into nitro and possibly have an edge, how do you guys feel about what they said yes no maybe? I just remembered are the brake pads supposed to be glued or epoxied to the calipers? I have no idea, just a thought but they still dont bind at all and if so what should I use?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

We are using advantage break disk with the steel disk without the pads. The Avid brake disk also works really well. I forgot about the breaks not being stock. You coming from electric will help just remember to stay smooth and consistent. Don’t blow the tire off the truck out of the corners and keep it going in a straight line. I know spinning the tires and fish telling down the straight looks fast but it’s not. Roll the throttle. At least that’s what Justin tells me.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

I found the G70302 but I cant find MX088, what is that and where do I find it? I looked on Cen's site its not there. Thanks for all the help everyone. I will be representing Cdsa`en in Erie Pa. and I am the only one but the people who have seen what I am going to be running definetly dont take it as a joke. And I really am curious as to where my level of skill will be with the TR being my first nitro racer, I am just trying to get alot of wheel time as far as practice because it is a whole new arena to me. And tell me about he "new" shock package. I am very happy ith the stock shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.