Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Hey can anyone give me the part number for the XTM backplate that bolts on to the Cen 28 with no mods? Thanks
this is the one i have used in the past and it works well on the SH28

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4331
Old 03-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

This is the engine mount that fits right on the CEN Buggy and Truggy from KHZ ? :

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/7579

If using this one, engine mount plates are needed or this thing replace the whole setup ?

thanks,
Yepper.. thats the one... comes in blue as well..

This replaces the whole setup.. comes with 1 set of uppers... get a spare set of uppers and you can swap motors 5 mins before any Main.. its awesome..
Old 03-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Initiate

got any pics w/ the st-rr tank ?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRArena
this is the one i have used in the past and it works well on the SH28

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4331
Ah! It was Sportwerks...for some reason I kept thinking it was XTM...but this is the one I was looking for. Thanks TRArena!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am putting some of the final touches on my TR..it's starting to warm up here finally and I am getting anxious!! LOL Anyway, I have a clutch out of a Savage, the flywheel measures 33mm accross, could anybody tell me what the factory flywheel measures, I wonder if this one will fit, I am using a starterbox, any help is appreciated!
Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the hpi savage one wont work cause of the demensions where the shoes sit

use the cen one it works fine
Old 03-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Momo5
Ah! It was Sportwerks...for some reason I kept thinking it was XTM...but this is the one I was looking for. Thanks TRArena!
No probs. After you have fitted the new backplate, remove the cooling head and check for free movement throughout a complete piston cycle (as much as any motor 'pinch' allows) - if you can hear any binding it is likely to be the "nub" at the base of the piston shaft (that was needed to 'catch' the old pull start backplate). If so, you can either carefully grind that "Nub" down a bit (it is better to to remove the piston and sleeve to do this and wash your work down with fuel to make sure no metal fragments are left behind) or you could carefully dremel the part of the 'channel' on the new backplate that is binding (which is what i did). Again make sure you wipe away any fragments before pushing the backplate back on. Test it before putting the hex screws back in. Might be a little bit of work but IMO it's an inexpensive way to keep that motor and get away from the hassle of a pull start.

I have done two of these now and only one required any work on the backplate so hopefully you'll get lucky!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hudler
I am putting some of the final touches on my TR..it's starting to warm up here finally and I am getting anxious!! LOL Anyway, I have a clutch out of a Savage, the flywheel measures 33mm accross, could anybody tell me what the factory flywheel measures, I wonder if this one will fit, I am using a starterbox, any help is appreciated!
As Robert said, it won't. Use the CEN one. It's 35mm by the way. Also, if you are going to get ali clutch shoes, get the CEN blue ones not the red ones.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, one more question about starting. Im really back and forth right now between starter box and roto start... I know the pros and cons of each. Can anyone confirm that the rotostart backplate for the XTM 24.7 will fit the TRs
.28 engine? Some others in a different forum said it worked fine, but I dont quite trust it until I hear it from one of you....Thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well ... finally got time to test my CEN Matrix TR Truggy and break inn my GO TECH .25 6 ports Engine (stock).

Great engine so easy to break inn ... after 4 tanks i was leaning just a little bit in order to at least make up some speed to test the Truggy, the truck its awesome, at start i felt it a bit on the heavy side but the performance on the track was very good even on a very rich engine. We had couple of other trucks at the track practicing and comparing the performance it was great (v/s losis, mugens, hypers and HPI's SS's) so im waiting for the next weekend to get into my first race with the truck. Track its grass based and small/technical so i used a 13T clutch bell instead of the stock 14T, on race day i will decide if it was a good choice or i need the 14T one back.

Engine was very good and easy from the beginning and after 750cc's of gas (aprox. 5 tanks) it was starting to rev up very good and even on rich side. I ended puting 1 liter of fuel through the engine (aprox. 7 tanks) and i think i will put another 3 on this rich setting and will start to close needles. Temps during break inn went on the 190F to 230°F range ... the only thing that always concern me its the heavy grass track where i usually race and practice in Colombia that always leaves to hot engines, hope i can manage that on the GO Engine. Used 3 shoe alum 7075 shoes with 1.1 springs from VP PRO, very good feeling.

Ohhh BTW, the FEMCA 0801 (under new EFRA rules for 2008) from GO TECH its awesome ... very good feeling in bottom but superb performance on medium to top range of RPM's.

Well, here you have couple pics ... cya !! :

cya !!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

TR looks great Pato. Good luck in 08 with the Cen’s. My son Justin Love’s his TR. We will be watching on live RC cheering all you on at the Worlds.

Any chance you’re going to make the Buggy or Truck Nationals in the US this year? I won’t be at either of these races but Justin will.

Let us know how the fuel efficiency is on the .25, Again, good luck.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

I am loving my TR as well and I will be at the Truck Nats.

Less than a month now!!!

Colin
Old 03-24-2008, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ill be at truck nats too we will have full force TRs there
Old 03-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Momo5
Ok, one more question about starting. Im really back and forth right now between starter box and roto start... I know the pros and cons of each. Can anyone confirm that the rotostart backplate for the XTM 24.7 will fit the TRs
.28 engine? Some others in a different forum said it worked fine, but I dont quite trust it until I hear it from one of you....Thanks
Hey Momo, yeah i've heard people use that rotostart backplate but I haven't tried it myself. Would strongly recommend starter box option over rotostart anyday though - pull starts are a bitch for three reasons -
1. cord breaks
2. one way bearing fails
3. power reduced by backplate

Rotostart's only improve reason 1. Reasons 2 and 3 will still be a problem.

Get the Sportwerks backplate with the Mugen starter box below and you'll be sorted.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/1743
Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Well ... finally got time to test my CEN Matrix TR Truggy and break inn my GO TECH .25 6 ports Engine (stock).

Great engine so easy to break inn ... after 4 tanks i was leaning just a little bit in order to at least make up some speed to test the Truggy, the truck its awesome, at start i felt it a bit on the heavy side but the performance on the track was very good even on a very rich engine. We had couple of other trucks at the track practicing and comparing the performance it was great (v/s losis, mugens, hypers and HPI's SS's) so im waiting for the next weekend to get into my first race with the truck. Track its grass based and small/technical so i used a 13T clutch bell instead of the stock 14T, on race day i will decide if it was a good choice or i need the 14T one back.

Engine was very good and easy from the beginning and after 750cc's of gas (aprox. 5 tanks) it was starting to rev up very good and even on rich side. I ended puting 1 liter of fuel through the engine (aprox. 7 tanks) and i think i will put another 3 on this rich setting and will start to close needles. Temps during break inn went on the 190F to 230°F range ... the only thing that always concern me its the heavy grass track where i usually race and practice in Colombia that always leaves to hot engines, hope i can manage that on the GO Engine. Used 3 shoe alum 7075 shoes with 1.1 springs from VP PRO, very good feeling.

Ohhh BTW, the FEMCA 0801 (under new EFRA rules for 2008) from GO TECH its awesome ... very good feeling in bottom but superb performance on medium to top range of RPM's.

Well, here you have couple pics ... cya !! :
Hey Pato, nice truck! just a few ?'s if you get a chance -

1. Do you run your truggy with this amount of toe out (from the pics it looks less than I use)
2. it looks like you are using the stock front hub carriers and rear hubs not the CNC ones. Any reason?
3. the fuel line looks like it is travelling at a bit of an upwards angle from the filter round the cooling head. Have you ever tried a shorter route direct from the filter to the carb?
4. it looks like you are running proline LPR crimefighters. do you use these on grass?

Thanks for your time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.