Search
Like Tree1Likes

CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
you guys have your front end set up wrong cause i use no tubing and my bones never pop out
What holes are you useing with your shocks and on the c-hub?? I have seen many Cen Racers have there shaft pop out. Maybe we are doing something wrong or you just have the secret parts
Old 06-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I actually had the bone pop out on my on a hard front landing with my matrix buggy. strange but seemed to be fine after that.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Robert,
Are you still using the long shock ends?
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe I am just lucky, but I have not had my front bones pop out with this setup. This is how my shocks are mounted. I use the short ends on the front.
top: bottom-outside
bottom: innner
Old 06-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

yes they pop out when the shock is at full compression, at least thats when mine have done it anyway, because it locks it in that position, as long as you dont try to move after it jams, you can twist it back in, but you still loose a lot of time doing that,

from what i've heard if you have the shocks mounted on the insdie hole of the arm they dont pop out as easily, but that is basically because the uptravel is being limited in the same way, the shock will bottom out sooner, also if you have a front sway bar it doens't pop out as easy because the bar limits travel a little too,

and trust me nothing in my front end is set up wrong, other than I like running the shocks in the middle on the arms and dont like a sway bar in the front, I've been in this hobby for a long long time, and I know how to build a car properly,

for the buggy if you drop to the lower set of holes on the tower, it should fix it, I've got about 1/4" of fuel tube on the buggy, but I'm also runing the KMW short shocks, so I get more uptravel than the stock set up anyway,
Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

top: bottom-outside
bottom: innner
front and rear Short rod ends is what I use.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

lockmouth-ill post a clear pic of the front of my truck as soon as i get home that way you can see the hole mounting and everything cause i have had a hard landing before and still did not have a bone pop out

triplex-jt-im running short shock ends in the front and long shock ends in the rear
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

shock-upper lower middle
lower all the way inside
upper arm - upper hole
make sure camber is right and not all cambered out
Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Master

so basically all youve done is fortify what I already said, if youve got the shocks in the inside hole on the arms, the lower set of holes on the tower, and a front bar, the up-travel is limted enough that they dont pop out, which is fine if you like the way it works set up like that, but that set up isn't going to suit everyones track or driving style
Old 06-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

ive ran my truck with out the sway bar and still no poping out and you guys ask me what set up i had since my bones wernt popping out and i told you I NEVER said use my setup if youlike the shaft popping out losing your 1st place positon setup then run i dont care i was just answering a question
if you dont try different setups you will never know in the first place what you did
Old 06-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

wow easy, why did you get all offended? all I said was you fortified the point?

its not so much the bar that limits the travel, it does limit it, but not a huge amount, the big thing is mounting the shocks in the inside hole on the arm, and lower set of holes on the tower,

another big factor is the track too thgouh, the track I race on mostly has a set of double doubles that are going away from the drviers stand, so its hard to judge them, and if you dont hit them right you pound into the top of the third jump, thats where my bones jammed, and I think thats where my dads jammed too, although I wasn't watching when his did thgouh,
Old 06-06-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

We are having a CEN Summer Sale for the month of June - $50 off all CEN Kits and Parts orders of $200 or more.

Call or e-mail to order.

http://www.machinesrchobbies.com
Old 06-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bobf24
wow easy, why did you get all offended? all I said was you fortified the point?

its not so much the bar that limits the travel, it does limit it, but not a huge amount, the big thing is mounting the shocks in the inside hole on the arm, and lower set of holes on the tower,

another big factor is the track too thgouh, the track I race on mostly has a set of double doubles that are going away from the drviers stand, so its hard to judge them, and if you dont hit them right you pound into the top of the third jump, thats where my bones jammed, and I think thats where my dads jammed too, although I wasn't watching when his did thgouh,

well since im not on here to fight back with time wasters like your self i will not reply your post but lets make one thing clear i posted some advice for people that were having trouble whether you, them, your mom, or hell your grandma wants to take it and use it for the benifit is not my desicion i did my part
and since you brought up blaming it on the tracks jumps (double to the third one) i cant even force my shaft out by hand enless i break something i have the same shock set up in the front andy runs and its nice smooth and preforms great
Old 06-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Robert please dont take this the wrong way as I know you are trying to help .. but sometimes you statements come off somewhat ABRASSIVE!!.. not that Ive ever been offended but I can see where someone might think it wasnt ment to help... Ive actually had to read some posts twice to make sure..!!!>.

Its okay.. We are all friends..Now lets get back to racin.!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

I have the new hardened cross pin kits in stock now.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.