Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yea so it will work just fine
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

the STS. is actually still being shipped I expect around the weekend.. then break in probly next...
Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

since your on the filter subject.. I use a REVO offset Neck made by integy... places the filter upward.. and out of the way of the linkage.. I didnt really like the way it placed it.. : )

And just a ritual I do whenever putting a new zip tie on or whenever I unpack for the day.. I always pick up my car by the filter, then hold it for a few minutes..if it falls Reinstall it with a new tie. unitl it will hold its wieght without moving.. If it can withstand this it will survive through the most horrid of crashes.. This is cheap insurance versus that thing coming off..!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I wont take the credit for it because I sall the idea here on RCTech.net somewhere. Somebody made a suggestion to use O-Rings to hold the boot of the filter on the carb and filter end. Wire ties do a great job holding the boot on the ends but do a terrible job sealing the dirt out. If you look at the end of your boot you will see a triangle effect. This is caused by the square part of the tie and it creates a hole for dirt to enter. We have raced an entire weekend at a Pro-Series race and they worked flawlessly. I dont remember what size O-Ring I got but it was tight around the boot. Try it out

Originally Posted by rregl0612
since your on the filter subject.. I use a REVO offset Neck made by integy... places the filter upward.. and out of the way of the linkage.. I didnt really like the way it placed it.. : )

And just a ritual I do whenever putting a new zip tie on or whenever I unpack for the day.. I always pick up my car by the filter, then hold it for a few minutes..if it falls Reinstall it with a new tie. unitl it will hold its wieght without moving.. If it can withstand this it will survive through the most horrid of crashes.. This is cheap insurance versus that thing coming off..!!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Tech Addict

Please dont missunderstand the motor had plenty of power and not over 225 and was running 7.5 minute pits. The track had fairly long straightaways and one that had a fast corner,, off and right back on the throttle. I love the V Specs. They are great motors with tons of power and are a sinch to tune.

Originally Posted by rregl0612
Not enough power with a VZB.. HMmm.. I run a tired vzb and never over 220.. plenty of umff.. use 14 and 15 bells track depending.. largest track 220 ft straight.... I suppose I could use a bit more bottom but running the 21 gets me about 8-9 minutes .. or atleast two laps on everybody that needs to pit at 7 with there 28's... plus I can for sure get through a 15mn main.. on 1 pit.. where its close with the .28.. I also think it helps me to not have so much wheelspin.. just a thought..
I did however just buy a STS DT 21MKII wich may have a bit more power.. but I just wanted it.. : )
A P5 would have more bottom.. just as much top.. course depends on your budget Any mod motors.. just simply rip..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hey guys

Hey guys I have a real quick question, Ok I know people have asked this question before but what body fits the matrix tr besides the stock one,msr mugen body.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mystikal8885
Hey guys, been racing my Arena since it was released in Janurary. I got the cross pins and blue clutch shoes from Gene a while back. Haven't done much upgrades, but so far the truck is awesome. I've read what u guys have posted and they are pretty good ideas. I do have a question though, what's the benefit of switching to 17mm hubs beside having a more options for different wheels?
I sat down today and did the mod by grinding down the upper arm at a 45 degree angle, putting the nut at the bottom, using the outer hole on the ackerman and putting the pin in the lower hole on the tower. I also grind the part of the arm the caster block was touching I can see that I got more downtravel and more steering.
I got the RTR version and all i've changed was the rear toe block and the upper bell crank. This truggy is sweeet. All of the guys at my local track are now intrested in getting one. Here are some pics of the beast.....or beauty.........you decide!

Does anybody know what body this is. I think it is the mbx5t J concepts body. If I am wrong can somebody correct me please.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This is the body I used
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRAC4&P=ML

This one will also work
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRAD0&P=7
Old 05-25-2007, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I also put the J concepts body for a CRT on my Matrix TR. I fits perfect and you can lower the rear body mount like it was discussed in the previous posts.

The beatings are about to commence!
Old 05-25-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

How often do you need to rebuild the LSD diffs in the TR?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i rebuild mine 2 times a month if i have time but you dont really need to rebuild them till after 9-10 races and even then they still work fine but just to make sure i would check them every 2 months enless you dont run alot
Old 05-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mystikal8885
Thanks, Yeah I am going to go with the J concepts body for the jammin on my CEN, I am going to just paint it a simple 2 color design untill my painter get's my signiture body done.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Thanks for your input auto2,

I hope that wasn't sarcasm that I detected. I don't feel that I am asking an inappropriate or dumb question. I am just looking for the best way to protect my engine (they aren't cheap).

I appreciate everyone who is patient with the inexperienced. I have two other nitros (pretty much stock), but non that I have invested time, money, and effort into as I have the Matrix TR FRE. I hope to race my Matrix and just want the most out of my investment. Forums like these really help in learing the hobby/sport.

Thanks.
no I ment it works just as good as any filter out there. no need to get something else. :-)
Old 05-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks Robert,

That is kinda what I was thinking myself. I probably will rebuild them every other race weekend.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

A few pictures of our TR from this past Saturday. CEN Rocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.