CEN Matrix TR

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

for all CEN Records or Mods all there... Need more Gene
Old 04-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

The TR Arena does not need many mods - it is great right out of the box. But remember to grind the front arms slightly where the caster blocks touch to allow for max down travel and the front knuckles for max steering throw. Once you have a ton of down travel and tons of steering, it is near perfect and hard to beat.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

One other mod we have been doing. Put a rear inner arm hinge pin in the front upper tie rod to keep it from bending during hard crashes. It fits perfect, just tap it in with a small hammer. They are hollow, so they can bend. Hopefully CEN will have solid one soon.

For the rear upper tie rod, you can use the alum one to save weight - it does not bend when in the rear.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

When building my shocks I have the option to use the long or the short rod end. The instructions tell you to use the short, but the RTR comes with the long on the rear shocks.

Which ones are you all running?
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

most of us run the long shock ends in the rear on the TR but in the front use the short ones
Old 04-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default CEN MATRIX TR TURNBUCKLE MOD

If you are like me you may have bent a turnbuckle or two on your Cen Matrix TR

This is a mod that must be done in my opinion, if you are thinking about raceing.

With this mod you no longer need the upper arm mount on the front. Also this will give you a more bind free suspension
I've put alot of time on my Matrix TR an this is one nice truggy.

Here is the fix to this problem, I used the following part #'s

XRAY

LUNSFORD
#LUN1580
#LUN1589

This complete fix cost $75.00 @ http://www.stormerhobbies.com/
Attached Thumbnails CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle-mod-1.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle-mod-2.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle-mod-3.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle-mod-4.jpg   CEN Matrix TR-turnbuckle-mod-5.jpg  

Last edited by lockmouth; 04-14-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ILDRVR
When building my shocks I have the option to use the long or the short rod end. The instructions tell you to use the short, but the RTR comes with the long on the rear shocks.

Which ones are you all running?
You definately will want to run the long shock ends on the rear. Using the short ends allow the suspension to travel to far and axels will come out of the drive cups.
We are running box stock setup other than Genes cross pins. This truck turns on a dime and is super stable. Enjoy your new TRuggy
Old 04-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the shock info.

My truck is built, the only thing I need right now is a motor. I brought it to our local carpet track today to show it off to everyone.(outdoor has not started yet) I think it went over very well with the club racers.

I did have a few things left over from the kit. I had three metal posts and some kind of a servo mount left. These must be in parts bags from another vehicle...possibly the buggy??? Let me know if I missed something.

Thanks again for all of the helpful info.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth

This is a mod that must be done in my opinion, if you are thinking about raceing.

With this mod you no longer need the upper arm mount on the front. Also this will give you a more bind free suspension

XRAY

LUNSFORD
#LUN1580
#LUN1585

It does'nt look like you can make all the adjustments in the rear tower now? I may be wrong though. I wonder how hard it would be to have a machinist cut some turnbuckles? Or fill the hollow part with a herdened pin. Anyway as usual, I am impressed with your mods. to the truck.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t4usee
It does'nt look like you can make all the adjustments in the rear tower now? I may be wrong though. I wonder how hard it would be to have a machinist cut some turnbuckles? Or fill the hollow part with a herdened pin. Anyway as usual, I am impressed with your mods. to the truck.
Thanks for the comment, an yes you can make all the adjustments. In the picture they are threaded all the way in on the front and the rear. I compared them to my stock turnbuckles that where already adjusted an I have plenty of room for adjustments.

I'll take pictures again after I get everthing together an put it on the Hudy Board before the Alabama Indoor Race ( AIC 5.0 )

Just to let you guy know I even put Lunsford titanium turnbuckles on the steering rods and servo arm. If I change them I might as well do them all I'm going to weigh my TR when I'm all done.

I'm loving this truggy
Old 04-08-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lockmouth

XRAY

LUNSFORD
#LUN1580
#LUN1589

Here is a update to the part list.

You will need to run short end on both sides in the front to get 100% adjustments both ways.

So here is the updated part list with quanities

XRAY
#352150 x 4
#353170 x 2

LUNSFORD
#LUN1580 x 2
#LUN1589 x 2

The front suspension is super smooth an free with this mod

Last edited by lockmouth; 04-14-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

2nd place This weekend and only my second time out with the truck...

For anyone who has any hate for this truck... you are just in doubt.
Turns on a dime, and really smooth... Lovin it !!!!!

Lovin all the help you guys give too...

""" Question for Gene the Machine.."" If i like the way the truck runs now.. running grease on the lsd in the rear.. would I be able to keep the center LSd and run crosspins in the rear and still have a noticeable difference...???
Old 04-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ILDRVR
I did have a few things left over from the kit. I had three metal posts and some kind of a servo mount left. These must be in parts bags from another vehicle...possibly the buggy??? Let me know if I missed something..
yes those parts are for the radio tray on the buggy, you didn't miss anything,

also you can use the rear inner hinge pin inside the front turnbuckle, according to Gene it fits right in, and you wont have bending issues anymore,

I like your link mod, just for the fact it would be alot easier to adjust camber, I hate using the hole things in the stock links,
Old 04-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks I figured they were for the buggy
Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Part MX074 - $7.99 is all you need to do to stop the front upper tie rod from bending.

The mod of removing the front upper arm I have tried. It allows way more flex in the front susp (arm, caster block, upper arm, front shock shafts, ect), so it will completely change the handling of the truck (steering response, bumps, ect). It is not a bad thing, just different. It may be better on bumpy tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.