Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8IGHT RTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

The flex i was referring to was the chassis flex from hard bumps and jumps not flex from overclocked servos. I know the endpoints on mine and for the 590 servo I set them under the Endpoint. So I don't think thats it. I think the servo is smacking the chassis. On the ruff stuff
Old 02-18-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hear you.. others have said the same thing. A buddy of mine fried a servo recently and he thought his was adjusted right too... but when he checked it afterward, he found that it was indeed not perfect.

Put a new servo in and tweaked the EPA and since then... so far so good.

King heads makes a cool bracket for the servo tray... another buddy of mine has one and he hasn't fried any servos yet...
Old 02-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys. I asked Adam Drake about the RTR servo problem today and here is what he said.

"The kits have been put on hold to fix the servo problem. I would try using an Airtronics 94102 servo. Also try shortening the ballcup on the throttle arm and put two 1/10th shock o-rings under the one battery box screw. Run the screw loose, so the o-rings aren’t compressed."

Also called Horizon today and they said they would repair my servos if I were to send them back to them. Free of charge if they see i'v done nothing to abuse them.. " keep in mind I used only JR servos that I damaged" I don't think they would take back other brand names but who know. I know JR is somehow tied into Horizon Hobbys. I hope this will help. Its good to see they stand behind thier product so well. I'v also order a 8ight pro kit chassis becouse my own felling is the weaker 4mm rtr chassis allows extra slop that is putting the servo in a bind on rolls/smacks /and jumps.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bignutts
Hey guys. I asked Adam Drake about the RTR servo problem today and here is what he said.

"The kits have been put on hold to fix the servo problem. I would try using an Airtronics 94102 servo. Also try shortening the ballcup on the throttle arm and put two 1/10th shock o-rings under the one battery box screw. Run the screw loose, so the o-rings aren’t compressed."
over on tech talk in his thread, the drake said pretty much the same thing, but added that he doesn't use any servo grommets either. now, i don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but that's what the man said.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bignutts

Also called Horizon today and they said they would repair my servos if I were to send them back to them. Free of charge if they see i'v done nothing to abuse them.. " keep in mind I used only JR servos that I damaged" I don't think they would take back other brand names but who know. I know JR is somehow tied into Horizon Hobbys. I hope this will help. Its good to see they stand behind thier product so well. I'v also order a 8ight pro kit chassis becouse my own felling is the weaker 4mm rtr chassis allows extra slop that is putting the servo in a bind on rolls/smacks /and jumps.
I have both chassis and the thickness is the same for the kit as it is for the RTR. The only difference is the RTR chassis is machined less and not hard annodized. The extra flex the RTR has is coming from rear chassis brace. It is not anchored to the chassis as well as the kit version allowing more flex. A aluminum brace would fix that problem.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IM planning on buying one of these RTR's. Im going to buy it along with Shock Towers (The HD kit ones) and a Alloy rear chassis brace, and some silicone diff oil.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Abuddy of mine just ordered a 8ight rtr today. So all the plastics are the same as the kit. Does it come with universals or dogbones.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

It comes with rebuildable universials. I suggest that you heatshrink the pin in the front and rear universials that go between the diffs to help hold it in. Replace the grease in the diffs with silicon oil. Also, I would check out the throttle servo fix that is listed in the losi 8ight section on this forum.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

witch is to use 1/10 red shock o rings right. How hard is the engine to tune? I myself run a kyosho sp2 and a os vspec, but my buddy is a beginner and has no rc experience and dont want him to get frustrated with the 427 engine. Is it pretty good out of the box or is the tune way off were it will hardly stay running during break in. So basically the rtr is a kit 8ight minus the towers hard anodized chassis and shock caps? Also what kind of screws does it come with? Phillips or allen heads
Old 03-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

The Mach 427 is very user friendly and quite powerful too. He shouldn't have any problems with it. The addition of a aftermarket pipe like the JP3 will help increase the power too. The car uses the same screws as the kit which are standard hex head screws. Changing the grease in the diffs to the recommended weight silicon oil will help increase its acceleration and turning prowlness too. You can add the 1/10 orings to the battery box screw or use the grommets that come with the servos instead. I used the grommets and have had no problems.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 20% or 30%

I just bought a rtr, the manual says to run 20% fuel.

Can i use 30%?

Do i need to do anything to the engine to do this?
Old 03-25-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Personally, I don't see why you can't use 30% for the RTR. I beleive its the same as the LST2 engine, and the guys I have seen running that vehicle pretty much all run 30%. just will have less life on the engine but when you run more nitro content I think thats standard affair.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

I use 20% in mine but to not see any reason why 30% would not work. One thing to note that the higher the nitro content you run the more sensitive the needles will be when setting the fuel mixture.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default servo

Ok guys, The most overlooked part of setting up the throttle servo is making sure that when you are full brake there is still room in the spring to compress more. If not than that means you are pushing on the carb and that will burn any servo up.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RCRuse
I just bought a rtr, the manual says to run 20% fuel.

Can i use 30%?

Do i need to do anything to the engine to do this?
I would call Losi and ask if you should change the head shim, if you use 30%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.