Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 07-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
WOW! Keep the pics coming guys!! The LCG is one hell of a car, ita a pity that its not more popular b\c I think its probably the best shaft car around at the moment, at least spec wise and for asphalt

I posted on the BD thread that I saw a pic of Masamis SDW and it had only 4 screws on the upper deck, 2 screws on each top of bulkheads and strangely, it looked like a LCG...the 2 piece upper deck is definitely well designed and R&D, very tweak-free I think

For those who race the LCG on carpet I think you could stiffen up the chassis by using some cone washers on the top decks, I will post some of my SDW pics with them on it
I think your right that the LCG is the best SD right now. It also carries the corner speed just like my Xray did. I gained 6 seconds over my previous best race with my SSG. And that was after several months of setup work with the SSG . I'll definantely be taking this car to the on-road NATS in Florida.

The double-level deck design is a great improvement over the mid-deck of the SSG. The car has absolutely NO front-to-back flex, but has plenty of side-to-side flex to generate traction.

I think we could stiffen up this car with double or even triple upper decks. Since the deck uses spacers to level out the deck above the spur, we could buy a second set of rear deck mount spacers. Put them up front and use our own custom spacers to level the deck. This means we could run two or three upper decks like guys did with the SSG on carpet. If that's not stiff enough, then we could still run the SSG lower chassis plate. I bet we could still make the center deck work, if we bought the delrin deck mounts and cut them down to not touch the driveshaft.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

this idea is nice but you will rise the CG... one of the characteristics of the LCG... and it won't be as stiff as a single plate with a single top deck would be...
I'm planning the next thin with a 3.0mm or 3.5mm thick chassis and top deck for the LCG... It will be milled like the old Xray XRC chassis for the FK '04 to keep the CG as low as possible... I like the sound of a CNC while working on CFK...

I will see this week what I can do with the outdrives and the spools. Everyone who is interested in one of these, please send me a PN or an email ([email protected]).

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Adept

Well, your idea for stiffening the LCG is ok but I think you d be better of with a 3mm chassis and upper deck With such a setup you should be able to use all the potential of the LCG

You seem to be really a lot faster with the LCG, 6 secs!, man thats huge!! but cool for you! Do you think the extra cornering speed of the LCG is its best quality?

Hope to see some yokomo Team Drivers racing the LCG soon! Its all about the BD right now and I know its because its just a great car

I think we will only see the LCG racing in stock 23T in Japan... no LCG in big Events where they race MOD b\c belt cars simply handle high power better and behave better at high speeds...thats a fact, with the growing power of batteries and motors belt cars will slowly take over shafties...I love shaft cars but I think I m right.....
Old 07-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could you tell me if chassis from LCG works good with GP3700 or GP3300?
Old 07-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tral
Could you tell me if chassis from LCG works good with GP3700 or GP3300?
It has inserts like the BD to suit the new style of batteries.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tbevofreak
MOD b\c belt cars simply handle high power better and behave better at high speeds...thats a fact, with the growing power of batteries and motors belt cars will slowly take over shafties...I love shaft cars but I think I m right.....
Hara drove a SD to win the US Nationals last year. And SD's did great at the Worlds in October. SD's won the RROC, at a track where the club racers can ONLY use Tamiya's. SD's are still great designs for stock, 19t, and mod.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Hara drove a SD to win the US Nationals last year. And SD's did great at the Worlds in October. SD's won the RROC, at a track where the club racers can ONLY use Tamiya's. SD's are still great designs for stock, 19t, and mod.
wha wha wha? Hara drove an SD LAST year? I know he used to drive for yokomo , but last year?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Tbevofreak]You seem to be really a lot faster with the LCG, 6 secs!, man thats huge!! but cool for you! Do you think the extra cornering speed of the LCG is its best quality?

QUOTE]

Do I sense a bit of sarcasm . Seriously though, my three best runs with my SSG were at 5:12.9 5:12.7 5:12.6 and 5:12.4.

I think that the LCG getting 6 seconds over the SSG was quite a feat. Can't wait to get more track time with this asphalt monster.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axel
wha wha wha? Hara drove an SD LAST year? I know he used to drive for yokomo , but last year?
By SD you mean, Pro4 being a Shaft Drive - aside from a Yokomo SD?
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Guys, I've been informed that the "Turtlemaster" we all know, has undergone heart bypass surgery. My prayers go out to him and his family.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by v0rtex
By SD you mean, Pro4 being a Shaft Drive - aside from a Yokomo SD?
yes
Old 07-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by axel
SD's included

Barricuda's
FT TC4
SDW
LCG
Evo4
Pro4
SSG
ect.....

If you look at the qualifying times from those big races, the top ten guys are usually within a second or two. So it's quite a stretch to say the SD's just can't hang with the belts.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro4Capece
Guys, I've been informed that the "Turtlemaster" we all know, has undergone heart bypass surgery. My prayers go out to him and his family.
Wow, I had a triple bypass in 2002. His life style will change and it will be better.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I talked to the Turtlemaster today at the hospital and he's doing just fine. Just glad they 'caught' it in time He'll be back home Tuesday or Wednesday. They just want to make sure everything's alls well. Good excuse if any to finally quit smok'n ... -JB
Old 07-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just learned about it today. Thats good that everything turned out alright. and yes, a very good excuse to stop smokin.

-Korey

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.