Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: SDW

Originally posted by Bluey_74
With front end geometry, To make the kick up 1deg (from 0deg) do i jus out a 1mm shim under the front/front sus mount?
You would need to add a notched shim under the front suspension mount to get 1 deg of kickup
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedy-932
Not? Do you can show me a pic while the motor mount is installed?
Im sorry but I dont have a camera at this time, but as soon as I get mine back from my buddy I will post it.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default .

Thanks Matt
Old 03-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default CVD question

IS there any sure fore way to rebuild the cvd's with out the pin inside falling off?

I'm using a spool up front and the pin always loosen up every run. I placed thread lock already and still the same. Any tips?

Thanks!!
Old 03-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, whats the best way to shim the rear diff and front one way on my SSG?
my pro 4 seems way more "free" than my SD.
i was thinking it could also be the bearings for the center outdrives.
just need info on the shimming.

Cheers,

Adam.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
hey guys, whats the best way to shim the rear diff and front one way on my SSG?
my pro 4 seems way more "free" than my SD.
i was thinking it could also be the bearings for the center outdrives.
just need info on the shimming.
I'm running the standard amount of shims on my CGM but with ceramic bearings and ceramic diff balls. The diff is the smoothest i've ever felt on any car, my old Xray included.

You should also check that the screws arent too tight, that can cause the trans to bind and slow down.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

ADAMK - Check if the bearings for your center outdrive are properly seated inside the bulkheads also. I use 2 shims each only.

Cheers,
Old 03-14-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: CVD question

Originally posted by lem2
IS there any sure fore way to rebuild the cvd's with out the pin inside falling off?

I'm using a spool up front and the pin always loosen up every run. I placed thread lock already and still the same. Any tips?

Thanks!!
use a thorp wrench.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Post Well that was interesting......

Now that the Nationals are over and even though I didn't do as well as I'd hoped (well after a 13 year break who was I kidding lol )......

most of the cars in the A final were X-rays but even the eventual winners car couldn't gain on me down the straight when we were both in the same qualifier.

You know I might even have had to slow down a fraction to let him past when being lapped.

Now if I can only get around those twisty bits.

CGM's rock

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-14-2005 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Tech Regular

just like me, the straights are all good. the bends mess me up heaps LOL i must say though, that taranaki track really needs a good resurfacing. i got so many scratches on my SD from that evil track
Old 03-14-2005, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Yes it is a .....

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
just like me, the straights are all good. the bends mess me up heaps LOL i must say though, that taranaki track really needs a good resurfacing. i got so many scratches on my SD from that evil track
tad abrasive now that you mention it lol. By the way I was the all yellow car running in 540 stock or as I like to call it Banana 1.

The only thing I'd change can't really be changed, in that the point furtherest away from the drivers stand was always in shade and very hard to see with only one good eye.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-14-2005 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:28 AM
Tech Regular

unfortunately i couldnt go to the nats cars wernt really up to it...no money for tyres...no money for new stock motor...no money for gearing. and i didnt enter in time lol..
went to naki for the first time at the 2005 ultimate open..that was fun :P
Old 03-14-2005, 02:58 AM
Tech Adept

No offense ment at all mabuchi 540 but I think john's car (goes very very well), my brothers car(had an awesome weekend) and some other cars in the stock a-main seemed to be the quickest down the straight by a long way , the handout 540's play a part for sure at the nationals. Remember, cornerspeed is a main factor influencing the speed down the straight when running those motors with that gearing . Ofcourse a good motor is also a main factor, I know a lot of very good drivers got very average motors on the weekend.

It was a good meeting .
Results for Yokomos were as follows (as far as I know and can remember):
-Stock (our 540 class), SD SSG 3rd, SD SSG 4th (or 5th, cant quite remember), SD CGM 6th, SD CGM 8th.
-Pro Stock (our Roar 27 turn class), SDW 1st, SDW 4th (me), and some other SD's but not sure where they finished.
-In modified there was only one SDW that I know of racing, he was in the a-main somewhere, sorry, can't quite remember at this time of night, car was quick, just bad luck for him.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Post None taken.....

Originally posted by Trevor
[B]No offense ment at all mabuchi 540 but I think john's car (goes very very well), my brothers car(had an awesome weekend) and some other cars in the stock a-main seemed to be the quickest down the straight by a long way , the handout 540's play a part for sure at the nationals. Remember, cornerspeed is a main factor influencing the speed down the straight when running those motors with that gearing . Ofcourse a good motor is also a main factor, I know a lot of very good drivers got very average motors on the weekend.
Of course his car goes very very well there's certainly no denying that.

I'm just refering to the fact that he was coming up to lap me (right on my tail in a qualifier) as we both entered the straight and that by the end of it (with me having gone wide at the start of it to let him past) he hadn't pulled level so I did actually have to button off a fraction to let him past before the first turn.

But hey if ya don't believe me that's up to you.

I only remember it so well because it was the race that I got disqualified in because I had changed to a different battery brand for that race and forgot to re-check the weight and was 10 grams under weight apparently (I can only assume because of the different packaging).

As it was I'd already had to add 30 grams at the first scrutineering (sp).

Not a lot of room on a CGM to add weight unfortunately and ended up having to tape a bunch of coins to the body once the servo and battery strap was covered in the things lol.

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 03-14-2005 at 04:25 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have a question. Since the SDW front driveshafts wear out so soon. Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket set of universals that wear less than the SDW's?

The standard SD drivshafts will works but the have a different geometry(no spacer) that I think effects handling.

Im looking for SDW direct replacements

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.