Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Darseid, would you share your piston/oil combination ?
Old 05-11-2003, 09:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rob_b: you asked me a while back what I thought of the Protoform Altima body. Well it doesn't seem to hinder the cars performance in any way. I plan on picking up a Stratus 2.0 body for comparisons sake.
Old 05-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Utieh: Here it is...

First off, I went to Losi 70wt oil(Green) all around. Its my favorite oil wt. for my TC's, and I've only found a few cars where it wasn't better for me than the kit oil.

In the front shocks, I kept the kit stock piston in place, with the 70wt. oil. This significantly stiffened up the front damping, which I felt the car really needed.

In the rear shocks, I went to the No. 1 piston on the parts tree. It has fewer holes(2) than the stock piston(3), but the holes are much bigger. This, put together with the 70wt. oil softened up the rear damping just a bit, but not too much.

Up front, I went to the long shock mounts and went out one hole on the suspension arm to lay them down a little more.

Out back, I move the rear shocks in one hole, to stand them up a little more.

After making these changes, the rear end was very stable. Which let me put the power down at any point in the turn, without fear of losing grip. I also kept my Dual Rate at about 85%. So if the car happens to push as a result of this setup, I still have more steering to put in. But, last night at least, this set up was excellent, and I received many compliments on how hooked up the car was.
Old 05-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thanks very much!
that 's true the front end were too soft and the car had the tendency to "head towards the ground" (that's for a plane, it s the only thing i found in the dictionnary to describe that ) but i did the opposite shock stand up in the front+ lay down in the back, didn t change the piston...
i will try you set up
thanks again .

gilles
Old 05-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

IH, did you figure out your problem with the rear diff case??? I have not been able to work on my car to figure out this problem yet. If you find something out please post it may save me some time...
Old 05-11-2003, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

The rear diff problem happened to my SD too, but problem solved after running in the drivetrain.

Old 05-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

with all this talk about drive train whos upgraded the bearings in thier car? ive got some on order... so what bearings do you guys got?

another things is how are you guys geared with a trinty revenge of the monster motor?
Old 05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Now that you guys have recieved your SD's, how do you find the stiffness compared to a XXXS or TC3?
Old 05-11-2003, 07:10 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I've added another great setup to my website, courtesy of local driver David Goss. I tried his car in stock and then put the setup on my car for mod and it was great. Very easy to drive but very fast around the track. It was so stuck, it felt like I was going way slow but the lap times were the fastest yet. www.mo-net.ws
Old 05-11-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

The Stock bearings are fine.. You Dont need to change them. I Might get some before the nats when i rebuild the car.

Anyone know when the Oneways going to come out ?
Old 05-11-2003, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Mo are going to the Nats in Nc ?
Old 05-11-2003, 08:02 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nope, can't afford to go to NC. The next 3 weekends I'll be at races though. Next weekend is the NORRCA Nats, then the Reedy Race and then the Speedworld Cup. It's going to be a busy month.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

It's understandable that most of you that have received the car are running them on tarmac/asphalt surfaces, and have been more than helpful with most of the questions on here. BUT, i for one would like to here comments on how the car has or will work on carpet. One underlining question is........is this chassis setup suspect to being a "wet noodle" when it comes to the extreme traction conditions of carpet foam racing? (i.e. toss' car in minne. at the ROAR nats) of course i don't expect any "team" driver's to come out and say anything negative, all some of us are looking for are results or specualtions that some of you may have seen. I'd appreciate any feedback because i am very interested in switching to the SD, but most of my racing will be on carpet with foam tires in the next year. Thanx in advance.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TheBarber
It's understandable that most of you that have received the car are running them on tarmac/asphalt surfaces, and have been more than helpful with most of the questions on here. BUT, i for one would like to here comments on how the car has or will work on carpet. One underlining question is........is this chassis setup suspect to being a "wet noodle" when it comes to the extreme traction conditions of carpet foam racing? (i.e. toss' car in minne. at the ROAR nats) of course i don't expect any "team" driver's to come out and say anything negative, all some of us are looking for are results or specualtions that some of you may have seen. I'd appreciate any feedback because i am very interested in switching to the SD, but most of my racing will be on carpet with foam tires in the next year. Thanx in advance.
Originally posted by Speedo
Now that you guys have recieved your SD's, how do you find the stiffness compared to a XXXS or TC3?
2x faster responses
Old 05-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Barber,

I just sold my car. Only thing I run is carpet/foams. I personally did not care for the car. I felt the acceleration was not very hard and it was too planted (lacked corner speed). I did think the car was rather stiff. I was worried about it being a problem and it as stiff if not stiffer than my X-Ray. No problems at all with the X-Ray.

This car is completely different than what Toss ran at the Nats. This car has an additional top deck that is 3mm thick and runs below the shaft.

For me and most of the folks around here... Right now the TC3 and the X-Ray are the only two cars to run in stock on carpet/foams. Modified opens the doors up a little more. Losi is good, Schuie is pretty good... Just seems that a lot of the cars on the market are not built with carpet and foam tires on the mind.

Hope this helps. I am not trying to be biased at all.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.