Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Yokomo MR-4TC SD >

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Old 01-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yea if i had the money to buy one and if i could, it would stand as a shelfer also. its a piece of beuty
Old 01-16-2005, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by JayBee
Thanx lem2, I know you're gonna hate this but... it's staying on the shelf. No track time for this beauty.

- JB
Funny you mentioned that!!! Because that's what my friend aka (joelt) said!!! Heis just goin to put top of the line stuf on it and its going on the shelf, well maybe a stock race or two?
Old 01-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Jaybee,

Did you see simularities to the Rayspeed to the SDW. Just from what I see in the pictures that the Motor mount and the servo saver looks the same as the rayspeed just the servo saver is flipped (a mod most people do with there Rayspeed already). Are there any other simularities?
I know the diff cases and the shorter arms, what I think I want to know is should I just wait to see what the Rayspeed V2 looks like before I get a SDW to race (Again Race not as shelf dressing).
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 01-16-2005, 08:21 AM

the motor mount on the sdw and rayspeed look the same, except that the hole for the shaft and bearing are lower in the mount on the sdw.

here is my thoughts on the sdw versus the rayspeed 2, the sdw in limited, when there all gone there all gone. you could build one from parts later. but of course it won't be a real sdw, (not that anyone could tell anyway. lol)

when is the rayspeed coming out? can you wait that long? is it gonna be a sdw clone???

i say buy the sdw, but don't open it. wait for the rayspeed, if you like the rayspeed better, ebay the sdw. of course this will be based on looks and actual performance, but i'm sure rayspeed won't be releasing a piece of crap.

and who knows who might show up for the reedy race, two blocks from your house and sign the sdw box for you,

how much would you pay now.

jaybee, going to burien now, but if i don't like the layout cause of the shorten course because of the weather, i'm going to trcr. catch you later.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wowowowo, wait hold on a minute.....rayspeed is realising a second version of there conversiion kit? WTF? man its gona be so much better. wait maybe not.

do u guys think i should sell my coversion kit and wait for teh V2? hurm man this bumms,
Old 01-16-2005, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default CGM Setup

I run stock indoors on a tight small track with 37 and 35 shore foams (sometimes 35 all round). I run:

Front
SSS shocks
RS reds
stock swaybar
450 oil
no 3 pistons
-1 deg camber
0 deg toe
middle camber link on hub and centre on tower
outside shock mount on tower and 2nd from inside on arm
arm position all the way back
about 4 droop

Rear
SSS shocks
RS greys
no swaybar
450 oil
no 3 pistons
-2 deg camber
2 deg inboard toe
2nd from outside link on hub and bottom inside on tower
3rd from outside shock mount on tower and 2nd from outside on arms
Arms all the way forward
about 3 droop

Im after a bit more of cornerspeed i dont seem to be able to carry the speed through the middle. It doesnt under or oversteer it just needs a bit more through the corner! Anyone got any ideas of what i can change?
Old 01-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by ritchie
the motor mount on the sdw and rayspeed look the same, except that the hole for the shaft and bearing are lower in the mount on the sdw.

here is my thoughts on the sdw versus the rayspeed 2, the sdw in limited, when there all gone there all gone. you could build one from parts later. but of course it won't be a real sdw, (not that anyone could tell anyway. lol)

Ditto on what ritchie said but I'd also like to add what's so nice with the SDW is that on the upper part of the chassis, there's four extra holes so you can utilize the original frt. suspension mounts. Thereby allowing usage of the SD's ('un-narrowed') arms.
And as far as steering set-up on the Rayspeed, I just recently switched out the double servo-saver and copied the set-up of the SDW. I feel it's a cleaner/simpler steering set-up coming across the top of the shaft vs. underneath. I guess I could just pop the another spring on the other side and have a double servo-saver again.
I got pics if you want Shook...
And did you know the rear bodyposts could be mounted in 3 different positions

- JB

Last edited by JayBee; 01-16-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Dan- try running your rear arms all the way back or try running a slightly softer rear spring and a silver sway bar.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Guys,
have any of you tried the non-trailing type arms? what do they do to your front end in relationship to the 4* hub carriers? Are there any advantages or disadvantages in using them in any particular set-up? I know that was a pretty broad question, just trying to get an idea on whether to get 'em .

-JB
Old 01-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

they will increase your steering response, if your setup already has alot of steering then they might give you too much. If you're looking for a bit more steering then give them a try
Old 01-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Matt Howard
they will increase your steering response, if your setup already has alot of steering then they might give you too much. If you're looking for a bit more steering then give them a try
Matt, you care to elaborate a bit ...

- JB
Old 01-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

since the axles are inline with the kingpins on the inline blocks you get more steering. The trailing blocks have the axles offset by 1mm from the kingpins so the steering is mellowed out just a bit and you'll have better straight line stability (won't be as twitchy). The different steering blocks only cost a couple of bucks and they are a good tuning option to have, try them yourself and see if they fit your driving style.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:26 PM

well, ran the worlds today for the first time, track was small, weather was wet, with about 1/3 of the outside of the straight wet, just enough to wet the tires but not spray the inside of the car. concrete, uncleaned/prep 2x4 track. kit setup, new set of sorex 28s with yok 039f inserts on kit wheels. no compound on tires, car pushed as i expected it to with new tires, but i felt it pushed to much, changed 3 degree rear toe to 2 degree rear toe. first heat, compound entire tire front and rear, wholie molie, talk about turn in. car was stable and went where i wanted it to. hit a few boards, flipped a few times, (slow down, don't want to break a arm, don't have any spares yet) car feels great, screw the arms go for it. geez a lot of turn it, and holds the line good, and on rails coming out of corners. second heat, chasing the fast guy down, turn in to soon, ouch, don't run ceramic bearing on outside of front hub. changed bearing, next heat, car is good, but i'm not. main, no compound in front, full rear, car is perfect, oops turned in to soon, ripped the bearing thru the front steering hub. out of race.

overall, if you can't tell, this car has way more steering then i'm used to with the cgm, which i thought had plenty of turn in. the steering responce is quicker also probably due to steering link position on the servo saver, move mine to outer hole when i got home and repair front end damage. the sdw, holds the line better and you can get on the gas sooner and it holds coming out of corner. you have to understand this was on a unpreped concrete track, btw, after a run or two, reset ride height, the car settled down a mm or two. this car is to good to leave on the shelf.

post any questions and i can be more narrow in my responce.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Matt Howard
since the axles are inline with the kingpins on the inline blocks you get more steering. The trailing blocks have the axles offset by 1mm from the kingpins so the steering is mellowed out just a bit and you'll have better straight line stability (won't be as twitchy). The different steering blocks only cost a couple of bucks and they are a good tuning option to have, try them yourself and see if they fit your driving style.
Okay now I understand, thank you Matt

- JB
Old 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ritchie
this car is to good to leave on the shelf.

Are you egg'n me on ritchie

So did you actually hit something hard when you ripped the bearing through the frt. hub?

You mind check'n w/ me before you order anything, I might have what you need .

- JB

Last edited by JayBee; 01-16-2005 at 10:09 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.