Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Speedtech has a preorder for the worlds replica's, price right now is $439.99, which is about $100 cheaper than I was initially figuring. They're also throwing in a spool as a free gift for pre-ordering through them.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Matt, you probably dont remember me but I was just starting out racing at Family Hobbies in NJ years ago when I met you. You helped me get going and I just wanted to thank you. Maybe you can answer some questions for me now. Locally here the same guys are fast....and ive only seen one Yok. Most complain about this or that, I dont listen to them... I just left schumacher and want something that will handle equally well inside as well as outside. Is there a model of the yok that I should look into. At the moment i was planning on waiting for the FT tc4 but im open to suggestions. I definitely want to get away from the belts....its time for a change.

Thanks
Bob
Old 10-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Bob Barry
Hey Matt, you probably dont remember me but I was just starting out racing at Family Hobbies in NJ years ago when I met you. You helped me get going and I just wanted to thank you. Maybe you can answer some questions for me now. Locally here the same guys are fast....and ive only seen one Yok. Most complain about this or that, I dont listen to them... I just left schumacher and want something that will handle equally well inside as well as outside. Is there a model of the yok that I should look into. At the moment i was planning on waiting for the FT tc4 but im open to suggestions. I definitely want to get away from the belts....its time for a change.

Thanks
Bob
Family Hobbies down in Vineland? That's still my favorite offroad track of all time Get the CGM version of the SD, it cured all the little problems people had with tweeking and such. The CGM chassis is really stiff so you can run it on carpet with no problems as well. If you end up getting one don't be afraid to ask for help here, there's plenty of people, myself included, with building tips, setup help, or whatever else you need.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by shooky
Now here comes that little voice in my head,,,,,,HEY STUPID YOU CAN HARDLY DRIVE WELL ENOUGH TO MAKE IT TO A SPORTSMAN A MAIN< WHAT IN GOD'S GREEN EARTH ARE YOU THINKING OF BUYING THIS PRO READY CAR>
1) YOU HAVE A HARD ENOUGH TIME DRIVING WHAT YOU ALREADY OWN.
2) WHAT MAKES YOU THINK A PRO CAR IS GOING TO MAKE YOU A BETTER DRIVER.
3) YOU STILL WILL HAVE TO PUT IT TOGETHER AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE NO PRO< SO SET-UP WILL STILL BE A MESS AT BEST>

OK Little Voice now go away...LOL @ SELF
I think I will have to pass on this one guys. It is way out of my leauge. I would get one pebble in the drive train and watch bits of drive train flying across the track....

MAN I HATE IT WHEN THE LITTLE VOICE MAKES SENSE.
Take Care All & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Your little voice talks nicer to you than mine does to me....."its time to kill again Ray..." j/k
Old 10-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Family rocks but I think I like The Tiltyard better...nothing like 200 foot straights with 8 foot jumps. Run a 9-2 in buggy and feel like your slow!!!!!! CGM huh.....is there anything that you need to get as far as hop ups???
Old 10-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Family rocks but I think I like The Tiltyard better...nothing like 200 foot straights with 8 foot jumps. Run a 9-2 in buggy and feel like your slow!!!!!! CGM huh.....is there anything that you need to get as far as hop ups???
For hopups I would strongly suggest the wide front bumper kit, I haven't broken any front end parts after I installed it. After that the Yokomo aluminum input shafts really reduce the rotating mass on the car. Anything after that you'll have to decide for yourself if they're worth it since IMO they're not "needed", like Ti screws, ceramic bearings, etc. Just flush out the grease from the kit bearings and they're fine.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

how about replacement parts....can you get them direct from Yok USA? by the way check out www.familyhobbiesraceway.com
Old 10-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

how about replacement parts....can you get them direct from Yok USA? by the way check out www.familyhobbiesraceway.com
Any hobby shop can order parts from yokomo usa, or you can order direct from Yokomo USA, but they will charge you full retail for everything. www.speedtechrc.com and www.speedworldraceway.com and many other online shops stock SD parts if you need them as well.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

thats good to know at least i could get parts because noooooo one carries yok stuff here that i'm aware of. Thanks for all the info...I have some decisions to make now.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

thats good to know at least i could get parts because noooooo one carries yok stuff here that i'm aware of. Thanks for all the info...I have some decisions to make now.
Since I know you'll make the right decision, you can get Tosolini's carpet setup (it's dialed) at www.yokomo.tk as well as some of my outdoor setups.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

cool thanks....im dying to ask....what the hell are you doing in korea LOL
Old 10-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

cool thanks....im dying to ask....what the hell are you doing in korea LOL
I'm still in the Airforce and they decided it was my turn for a one year tour here. After I left N.J. I was out in northern california for 3 years.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

OHHHHHH ok. I forgot that you were enlisted. my pops was 20 years army so I know what you mean about up and leaving all the time. Is there a RC scene over there??
Old 10-28-2004, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

OHHHHHH ok. I forgot that you were enlisted. my pops was 20 years army so I know what you mean about up and leaving all the time. Is there a RC scene over there??
yeah, but I wasn't able to make any races before they closed up for the winter. I'll venture out in the spring time for some racing
Old 10-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Champion

so wheres home after the korea?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.