Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 09:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Thats an idea! But the actual carpet setup requires that you run in the bottom hole.Actually the setup is very close to Adachi's rayspeed asphalt setup also.Cant wait for the tub!
Well if you need to go with the bottom hole, I dont think it'll matter too much which shock end you use as far as performance is concerned...
Old 12-09-2003, 10:56 AM
IH
Tech Adept

C. Verano: You are right. Damn..I am a retard!!I installed them upside down.

Thanks a million!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Is this CGM chassi going to be a competition kit or more of a sport kit for the SD line. Also I was wondering if there is any major difference between the SSG and the Black versions. thanks for any help.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by porter
Is this CGM chassi going to be a competition kit or more of a sport kit for the SD line. Also I was wondering if there is any major difference between the SSG and the Black versions. thanks for any help.
black version graphite is stiffer than the SSG.

I think the CGM chassis is a sport kit...but I could be wrong. Looks like a very capable car in compitition.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

so would the black version be less prone to tweak, or just stiffer for a more aggresive feel. I notice Masami is usually running the SSG so that kinda makes me think there is no major advantage.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Porter- I saw on the Tosolini's thead that he used a stiffer bottom chassis for Cleveland. I too think the new Yok Tub car would be a very capable car- on carpet I bet it would rock! looks like a modern Tc3 type car with better gearboxes and adjustable roll centers.

You going back to the yok? That would rock!

Jeff
Old 12-09-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think the cgm would be a good choice for carpet racing.
it should be stiff enough especially if you can still use the
top brace.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

The CGM won't be sportcar at all. It will be raced oriented as it comes exactly with the same features of the SSG or the black except thal all the plastic parts are made of graphite (including arms and gearboxes). It might be much more stiffer than the black special even out of box without using an upper deck. And most of all it will be cheaper.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Al75
The CGM won't be sportcar at all. It will be raced oriented as it comes exactly with the same features of the SSG or the black except thal all the plastic parts are made of graphite (including arms and gearboxes). It might be much more stiffer than the black special even out of box without using an upper deck. And most of all it will be cheaper.
Do your run a SD?? will you come to Argenteuil race this week-end???
Old 12-09-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Yep, I have a SD SSG with all the alloy Suz' parts except the drive cups, all the tobee transmission parts except the spur mount andYoke ti screw set. I won't be racing in Argenteuil as I already promise to a friend of mine to go to Dammartin. But I will race my 414 SSG light.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:11 PM

I read on www.rczone.net that the Yokomo CGM is "intended to be lighter, stronger and stiffer" than all of the other chassis released so far (Black, SSG and Rayspeed). I do not feel this chassis is designed to be an entry-level car, however it should be cheaper than the original SD. We talked earlier on this thread about how the SD CGM in the advertisement photos wasn't graphite, and rczone also cleared this up. They said the car in the photos was only a prototype, and not made of graphite. However, the final product will be made of graphite (chassis, braces, towers?, steering?). Anyways, this chassis is a kind of FT TC3 on major steroids.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randman, I don't think your question was answered when you asked about using trailing spindles and 28mm foam clearance. But I don't think it will clear anyways because the wheels mount to the spindles the same... it's only the pivot point/axis of the spindle that's different.

Speaking of tub chassis... has anyone ever made a tub/composite 1/12th pan car? I wonder how it would be? Hmmmmmm Someone talk Yokomo into making one....
Old 12-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive been doing a little reading about the SD and some people have been suffering from unequal steering, and other from chassis tweak. If i get the car then i will be mainly racing stock on carpet and i was wondering what mods i would do, and any other info. Ive seen a few cars with BRP TC3 bumper attached to the front, also what parts tend to break the most?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by KilRuf
Speaking of tub chassis... has anyone ever made a tub/composite 1/12th pan car? I wonder how it would be? Hmmmmmm Someone talk Yokomo into making one....
What next? Off-road 12th scale pan racing?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Al75
Yep, I have a SD SSG with all the alloy Suz' parts except the drive cups, all the tobee transmission parts except the spur mount andYoke ti screw set. I won't be racing in Argenteuil as I already promise to a friend of mine to go to Dammartin. But I will race my 414 SSG light.
Hey dude how's it goin' ?

nierk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.