Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For those who mentioned wanting to use the 9550 on the RaySpeed Chassis...... You'll have to use different servo mounts for that servo. The Yok mounts will set the servo too far forward and the steering rod will rub the servo. I use AE (not fibrejunk) servo mounts. These are slightly smaller than the Yok mounts (mounts servo less forward), but the rod rubs just a tad. You should use a standard post/servo mount.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
For those who mentioned wanting to use the 9550 on the RaySpeed Chassis...... You'll have to use different servo mounts for that servo. The Yok mounts will set the servo too far forward and the steering rod will rub the servo. I use AE (not fibrejunk) servo mounts. These are slightly smaller than the Yok mounts (mounts servo less forward), but the rod rubs just a tad. You should use a standard post/servo mount.
Thank you for the info, glad to hear that before I get to where I need to run the car the next day and the servo doesnt fit
Old 11-01-2003, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

Wow !

2 days ago you all wanted to know the price and wanted one chassis ! Now he says they won't sell outside UK and you spit at it ! This is unfair.

If you all sent an e-mail to this dude, and all the guys in the other forums did and so and so, how many e-mails do you think he received ? Tons and tons !!!

And as he said, he's not part of fiberlyte, he's a customer of them, and fiberlyte is not such a big firm to be able to honour that much orders (I believe he had a lot of orders). And what did he say about the time it takes to make one ? Yeah two days each chassis. And they for sure can't cook more than one chassis at a time (or they'd have to make another mould, and let me tell you, it's f... expensive).

So, what the executive might have said is that they can't respond to the demand, so they're restricting the market.

Not a decision from Andy IMHO.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Cobra .....isnt there a 414 thread you can go and be pushy on?Do you know everything about sd's too?
Old 11-01-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

I just think it is not fair to andy. He's made a great work and everyone looking at his chassis would agree. A lot of people wanted his chassis and asked him for the price, as I did. The price is not excessive regardless to the technology employed.

Do you have any idea how much work it is to make a chassis like that one ? How much does a mould costs ?

I don't think he deserves that, so let's just say this decision is a pity, but we cannot do anything about it, can we (I'm sure it's not what he wanted too) ?

SD is a great car, and I love both my SD and my 414, even if I made a lot of mods to both of them.

Anyway, I'm not gonna buy the TUB chassis, just because I don't like this kind of chassis, but it's a personal taste (plus I already have a SSG chassis and have not that much money to spend, especially if it happens that I like the 415 and buy one).
Old 11-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

does anybody know where i can find the spring tension of the rayspeed springs? (in terms of pounds)

thanks
Old 11-01-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

I actually inquired about the chassis months ago, it just hasn't been a priority for me yet. Yes the price was steep, but I do know what it takes to make a CF tub... I"m not going to go run out and get the Rayspeed chassis, I think it's silly considering my car is strictly for carpet. For now I'm going to stick with the SSG chassis, I'm not going to replace one chassis wih another of the same design just because it's the newest thing or for a slight move in electronics. I own a drill and a dremel, pretty much all the tools you need to move things around...
Old 11-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mercury Racer
does anybody know where i can find the spring tension of the rayspeed springs? (in terms of pounds)

thanks
Courtesy of Steve Wang:
Rayspeed
Spring Rating [lb/in]
Gray 19.9
Red 18.26
White 17.17
Yellow 14.87
Blue 14.29
Green 13.2
Old 11-01-2003, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I think the reason people are jumping on Andy's back is because of how errogant he sounded "you guys are missing out on a great chassis"

I'm sure the chassis is good, but like a lot of people say, for the cash, the Yokomo tub chassis will propably be the way to go.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default m-sonik rz

just bought a second hand ESC M-Sonik RZ. no instructions as per usual. Anyone know how to set the punch on them. Please help going nuts, lol.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Hum, but he did say he was sorry (before that) and posting this thread was a proof of honesty from him.

Anyway, I just reminded checking my SD that I've had an issue yesterday. Indeed, I've had my wheel nuts going nuts several times, no matter how tight I secured them (well not too much, but enough for being sure there was a problem).

Looking closer I found that with the wheels I was using (i.e. Hudy dish wheels) the wheel axles were too short and actually were not going into the plastic part of the nut, allowing them to loosen easily (even using new ones).

The solution I found is to use non-flanged nuts, as they are shorter by 1 or 2 mm. I did not have any problem after I put them. I was quite surprised as I've never had this issue before, and I checked with other wheels (orion, yokomo) the problems does only appear with Hudy ones (which I'm satisfied with except for this little issue).
Old 11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

He did appologize before the comment, but still made the comment as though there was something wrong with sending the stuff to the USA...
Old 11-01-2003, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

We know how the Brit's dislike the Colonies... Hahaha...

Sorry to hear how we're going to miss out... Yok will have a tub out soon and my money will go to them...
Old 11-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

If I wanted to run the AE springs do i just need the Associated shock ends and spring cups? Or do I need the SS (long) shock bodies as well?
Old 11-01-2003, 10:38 AM
Tech Addict

Hum, you think only US drivers will not be able to get this chassis ? There are lots of asian drivers on this forum, so they won't be able to get it also, even if you live in europe you won't be able to get one, unless you live in UK.

Actually, as I'm french and accordingly to our countries history, I should be more concerned than anybody else here

MattSSG : no you don't need the SS shocks. You could also get just the rayspeed cups. And i like your signature...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.