Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 10:05 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Matt are you going to get the new Yoke tub chassis when available? I'm thinking of holding out to get that chassis when available. I would think they would make it so that you can just switch over your parts from the SG/SD model car.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc_bam226
Sorry guys, not exactly thinking straight that time, had real-car setups flaws, and mixing them up with rc-car stuff. Sorry. As for you Roger, how I don't see anything from you? J/K. The knowledge part, not very big, in all honesty. Always room to learn a little more...
Cause im a beginner and still learning about rc. So, I can't really give out any knowlegde because I know its gonna be wrong. I have to learn from people's tips and tricks on websites ( see you on the track Brian ).
Old 09-28-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

IMO I think rc_bam is too lazy to 'splain to us his shock theory so he claims he doesn't know what he's thinkin' See you at the track BM.

Hmmmmmm Balut.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wyd- I'm sure I'll get a tub chassis to try, along with the rayspeed one as well. I'm building up a black SD right now for carpet so I'll have two cars available to try different chassis's out and feel the difference. The tub will probably be pretty good on carpet but I'm worried about it warping when the track temps get to 150 out here in the summer
Old 09-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

Hey matt what do you thing about the tub for the SD
Old 09-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

TEAM TRINITY TRC SPEEDWORLD TRACKSIDEHOBBIES AND TEAM SOREX
Old 09-28-2003, 06:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Thanks Matt. I bet it does get hot out your way and I know the TC3 would do that from time to time.

I like that toplate that Masami is running with the built in rear camber link mounting positions. I wonder if that will be a hopup down the road. I think I would like to have something like that. I guess I will have to get the Shooter setup for now if I want that type of setup.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have my RaySpeed Chassis as well. But didnt' have enough time to put it on and race it. I do have pics of just the chassis though. One thing about it is my servo mounts farther forward than the RaySpeed Chassis. But the battery slots are more forward on the RaySpeed Chassis as seen in a pic below. As for .9 lap time increase... probably more setup than chassis.. Maybe I'll practice with it some this week to see. Also, seems that the servo being farther back on the RS chassis than my stock one... there is less room for electronics. Not that it matters to me. But for some it might....

JMac
Old 09-28-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Box opened.......

Old 09-28-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

And I placed the RS chassis ontop of the Stock SSG chassis....

Old 09-28-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Got two questions:

1. Will be attending a large regional race on a super big track. Looking to run a spool in my SD. Anyone make one for the car (ie IRS-TC3)? If not what is everyone doing to make one?

2. Tub- What is the timeframe for this and are there any pics?

2.5- What is the yok drivers going to run...there seems to be many choices to pick from...oh my small wallet....lol

Jeff
Old 09-28-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

to tell you the truth, I still have hard time
understanding English.
so, It's very hard to explain but I'm going to try it !

well, as you already know,,,,
RaySpeed conversion kit is designed for using SS shocks which are longer one.
but can use with SSS(short body) as well,
in that case, you have to use long shock end to get 66mm shock lengths for the rear.

so far as I know,most hobby shops are run out of SS shocks now .
untill you guys get SS shocks,you will have a great opportunity to use Ray Speed chassis with SSS shocks!!
This conbination also works excellent

using the chassis with SS shocks, the car runs like smoothly and easy to control.
using the chassis with SSS shocks, the car runs briskly.

in either case, important thing are shock lengths and droop.
I suggest you that to get 64mm shock length for front and 66mm shock length for rear, those tips are for SS&SSS both.

according to my friends who live in Japan, few other companies make different good chassis, but Ray Speed's one is the best !!
because of the choise of people who tried many types of chassis .

anyway,,,,thanks for reading and
sorry about my BAD English...
did you guys understand that??
Old 09-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by KilRuf
I have my RaySpeed Chassis as well. But didnt' have enough time to put it on and race it. I do have pics of just the chassis though. One thing about it is my servo mounts farther forward than the RaySpeed Chassis. But the battery slots are more forward on the RaySpeed Chassis as seen in a pic below. As for .9 lap time increase... probably more setup than chassis.. Maybe I'll practice with it some this week to see. Also, seems that the servo being farther back on the RS chassis than my stock one... there is less room for electronics. Not that it matters to me. But for some it might....

JMac
Kilruf,
When you build it, can you please check to see if the stock shocks w/ long ends will work? Also do the holes for the steering rack line up?

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Jeff- just get the losi spool pads and build one up. You just take out the diff balls and put the pads on the diff rings with the sandpaper side facing the gear and tighten down all the way. Be sure to use a new gear or clean your old one good so there's no diff lube still on it or it'll slip. I ran one like this at the NORRCA onroad nats this spring and it held up through a couple days of practice and the race with hardly any wear at all.
Old 09-28-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hi-LowBrow
to tell you the truth, I still have hard time
understanding English.
so, It's very hard to explain but I'm going to try it !......

Yes, we understand you. Thanks for the info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.