Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Default Dogbones?

Geetings,
Which pieces solve the breakage problem with the stock driveshaft parts on the front of the car?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-15-2003, 01:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

coolrcdad and johnbull thanks alot.

johnbull. Thanks as I think I might be around alot more as I might get a SD. I'm thinking really hard about getting that new SD Yoke. I really liked my other Yokes and I currently run a XXX-S. It is really fast for me and it would be hard to give it up as to date it has been my best touring car to date. IT is really hooked up at our track.

I have always liked the Yoke cars and have at 2 Yoke Pros and 1 Yoke SP. All have been really good to me. Now I'm thinking hard about the SD version. I like the features and I want to try a shaft car. My XXX-S is ver smooth and easy to drive. Very tough to give it up.

How hard is it to setup vs the MR4 TC series and is the car consistant from week to week at the same track. I have been reading that the car isn't as consistant from week to week at the same track but have only seen one SD in person so I really don't know and can only go by what I read.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kentech
Do you have CVD's on the front of your SD also? What's the part number for those? There's not a complete set for the SD available yet, right? Thanks.
Hello SD-Guys!

I urgently need those Part Numbers for the MIP Front and Back. Are they available in a Set? Any suggestions, where I can get them the fastest and cheapest?

Have ordered some Alloy bones from Tobee and have some Ti axles from Square, are the as good as the MIP's?

Cheers!
Old 06-15-2003, 09:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think that the Square/Tobee setup will be a little stronger than the MIP CVD's, performance should stay the same between the 2.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

anyone have the sd with the novak brushless? pics too?
Old 06-15-2003, 09:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The people with brushless motors have had good success from what I have heard, the free drivetrain helps scrub a little more speed out of any motor.
Old 06-15-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a Brushless SD with pictures on this forum. It's several pages back. You may have to do a search using the search function.

As for Monster Stock... I ran mine today at 6.6 gearing. Of course I run on a large track with 213' straight. TQ'd and won Stock. Only problem with that gearing is if you slow down too much in the turns... it'll be real sluggish coming off. So ya gotta keep up that corner speed.

Today (Sunday) also found out that Chris Tosolini is in my heat at the Nationals. haha. I'm gonna get creamed! Also some other hot pros as well in my heat. I'm sure it's not the final printing of the first round of Qualifying. It's just a preliminary list. So things may change. But so far looks like more heats of Mod Touring than Stock.

Well blah blah blah... let me head out. I think I may have found a good deal on a new ESC. Talking to a guy at the track says he'll give me a good deal on a Keyence one. So we'll see next weekend. L8Rz

Jimmy Mac
Old 06-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THeGame... I keep getting an Email Delivery Failure everytime I reply to your email! Maybe you can email me again and type in your email address and I'll try again......
Old 06-15-2003, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

KilRuf: where can i go to find out which heat i am in at the Nats?
Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randman
I know when I first saw the SSG car I loved it because it's different, now that the carbon fiber car is coming out, I want it because it's different... I have problems.
that's not a problem..... I checked with my shrink..... I have the same "not a problem" problem..

jk... don't have a shrink....
Old 06-16-2003, 01:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lol, at least I dont need treatment!
Old 06-16-2003, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

WYD.

First impressions with the SD were of more straight line speed than the belt drive car, but not so good handling.

However remember that I have been perfecting the BD (Special) for 3 years. The SD was good out of the box but not perfect.

I've had it a couple of months now and I think it's pretty much on a par with the Special now round the corners, but faster in the straights and more efficient.

I haven't really done all that much to it. You can see pics in the Yoke USA forum galery. Nothing outrageously different - just a few tweeks.

Talking about tweeks, it's one thing I haven't found with this car. It just doesn't tweek. It's great to be able to take it down to the track every evening in the knowledge that I can put a good pack of cells in right away and boot it, and it's going to be good.

I'm now playing with 12 turn motor variants, just trying to learn as much as possible, in preparation for out trip to England in August where both the meetings we will be doing have a 12 turn limit.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 06-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can now check out Masami's SD Reedy race setup at http://www.rczone.net/

The setup can be found here http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...ownload&cid=34
Old 06-16-2003, 10:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Johnbull - Have to tried the Reedy Kr yet? I would definately give one a shot, maybe a 12 double.. I love the Kr motors I have run and am running, they are really fast, and powerful out of the corners.
Old 06-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
here is the black chassis

KO...is that yours?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.