Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JP RS12T versus RB 5 Ports

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Guys : $360 AUS = about $155 US, so its close to the same price.

AMG, Dei Rossi Hobbies - 02 4626 8300, Im pretty sure they do mail orders.

If not, try www.xtremehobbies.com.au in SA.

If u like, I'll ask Barry (Mugen/Novarossi dealer) on Sunday what he sells them for, and the next time your in NSW, can meet up with him. Barry is very cheap so hopefully could be less.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Novarossi that would be great. I am after a RS12 non turbo SG crank slide carb...... And a friend of mine is after a RB X12 or he might take an RS 12 like mine
Old 11-14-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

for people who have ran or seen mod engines, in your opinion which is the best? in terms of speed, durability and ease of tuning.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

I have heard rumours of early RS12s seizing pistons in the sleeves AFTER breakin. I have also heard people saying that the RS12 has equal or less performance to the MT12. Anyone know anything about this?
Old 11-14-2001, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
I have heard rumours of early RS12s seizing pistons in the sleeves AFTER breakin. I have also heard people saying that the RS12 has equal or less performance to the MT12. Anyone know anything about this?
NR: what is your say here since you have a RS12??
Old 11-14-2001, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

my fren has the RS12T too....has been running great. superb overall performance.
but he has to spend 3 nights at the track just to break-in......broke in with 1 gallon of mixture done by the LHS.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:23 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Re: JP RS12T versus RB 5 Ports

Originally posted by hurhur
Post away!!
What are your opinions and views on the 2 engines?
None!

Get a Richey!
Old 11-14-2001, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: JP RS12T versus RB 5 Ports

Originally posted by Dan

None!

Get a Richey!
Yeah...but you must understand that we're on a part of the globe where getting that Richey is difficult... For us down in this part of Asia, getting an M-Speed in more feasible...
Hey hurhur... get an M-Speed instead lah! Save all that trouble!
Old 11-14-2001, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

i knew that too.....but Mspeed costs alot of moolahs.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

NR: what is your say here since you have a RS12??
I've run 2 MT-12 and a RS-12, all 3 engines running the same glow plug (Nova Gold C5), same fuel (16% RB Concept) and similar pipes (Polished X12 + Nova 51602).

The RS-12 is significantly quicker then the MT-12. An easy 15-20% quicker then the MT-12. Realibility is great. Have run about 5 litres through it, still has plenty of compression (as you probably saw in that video clip).

Have run a turbo head on it, not much difference.

EXTREMELY tight to break in, but extremely reliable, and carb settings rarely ever need to be touched.

I owned, broken in, and run 5 Novarossi engines in the past, this is by far the quickest.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

My 2 cents worth, no pun intended.
Old 11-14-2001, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE]Originally posted by teng
[B]Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

Teng,

Yeh I'd believe the 5 Port RB would easily catch any other .12 size engine, but the big question is why did RB produce a non-legal engine?

Yeh sure, the engine is aimed at people who race at tracks that arn't governed by any sanctioned RC committees, but are these people willing the spend the big $$$ on an engine, that will not be allowed to run at a ROAR/IFMAR or whichever event?

Personally speaking, I'd rather go out and buy a 1.35hp engine that can be raced at any event, then buy a 1.5hp (what the 5 Ports estimated power is) that can only be raced at a selected few, and not at your big meets which are usually governed by some organisation.

Thats my 2 cents
Old 11-15-2001, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by teng
Guys, don't want to sound biased 'coz i sell RB products...but... when the RB X12T 5port arrived I went to the track, strapped it to my V1R and broke it in. On my 7th tank, at 230 deg.F, and on the long stretch of our local 1/8 track, I hit the rear of an MTX-2 with a JP RS12, who was a bit ahead coming out to the stretch. I did the same to a buddy who had a V1R with a JP RS12. Needless to say, my RBX12T were sold out that day.

My 2 cents worth, no pun intended.
wah! this the first time i see a field report on running both the JP and 5ports side by side. The 5ports sure sounds impressive. actually, my head says go for the RB but my heart says go for the JP.

teng,
if im not wrong, u are from the phillipines rite? what glowplugs do u recommend for the RBs in your area since the weather over your side is similar to Singapore's.
Old 11-15-2001, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Novarossi
[B]
Originally posted by teng

Teng,

Yeh I'd believe the 5 Port RB would easily catch any other .12 size engine, but the big question is why did RB produce a non-legal engine?

Yeh sure, the engine is aimed at people who race at tracks that arn't governed by any sanctioned RC committees, but are these people willing the spend the big $$$ on an engine, that will not be allowed to run at a ROAR/IFMAR or whichever event?

Personally speaking, I'd rather go out and buy a 1.35hp engine that can be raced at any event, then buy a 1.5hp (what the 5 Ports estimated power is) that can only be raced at a selected few, and not at your big meets which are usually governed by some organisation.

Thats my 2 cents
i would like to use killer engines to bash around the track and to make those sponsored driver embarassed ! !
Old 11-15-2001, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Manticore

i would like to use killer engines to bash around the track and to make those sponsored driver embarassed ! !
Hey, I thought with your skills, you could even beat those guys with a CV!! Make them more embrassed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.