Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Old 03-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well I dont want to start something here, but if u r experiencing issues with the thrust bearing, I did try something 2 years ago which I still run today, I sort of call it my secret but posted it on RC tech awhile ago and told others at the local track, everyone who tried it never had an issue and well I think are all still doing it.

Using the inner bearing on of clutch bell(dont remove any bearings it is an extra bearing) 5x8 i think I used as the thurst bearing. Using a small shim on the outside and on the inside the outer ring of the thurst bearing with the inside grinded down.

Hard to explain but it works and well been using the same setup with minimal maintenance for almost 2 years, if u need more info PM me. If you dont believe me try it, I did it as a last ditch effort for a race when noone had a thrust bearing and well it worked and has been seamless since!!
Old 03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan41
I have run 6 FULL race meets wiht my xray, and have not been through one single part. I lube my thrusty every run, and it is still looking good. and also the clutch bearings.

The only problem I have come across on my car is - the right hand side engine mount (upper plate) has a nasty wharp in it, which put my mesh out, but I noticed this when changing the engine.. So thats the only thing i have the grab..but everyones convienently out of stock What would cause this too happen though?

Ryan
well I have engine mounts from my personal stock.. if you really need one email me... What could cause it? vice grips and whatnot.. lol.. its a short piece so even if you torched it it would warp, but not much.. 316 SS is horrible for warpage but 7075 usually does pretty well..
Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default thrust bearing

whtsup fellas.......I use to run the Nt1....and I to blew up a thrust bearing in about 7 or 8 tanks.....I dnt kno why but they do seem a bit weak.....when I removed the bearing it crumbled in my hand.....but this is wht I hav been using now for about 3yrs..flawless....I use 3 of the thrust bearing washers...its all the same thickness..just without the fragile bearings in the middle..lube em up..its bullet proof..try it......never a problem again!

Mrgsr......hit me up for about those RRR evo parts u got for [email protected]
Old 03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meronr
that tool that kamikaze is selling is not the same tool that brooklyn hobbies is selling, the one that kamikaze is selling is a tamale tool made to measure gap and endplay the brooklyn tool is used to measure how much tension is on the spring look closely and you'll see the tools are different.
Rich and I found a way to use the tool for all the clutch adjustments,gap,endplay and spring tension with one tool
All that is needed is a inexpensive part from team asc.
Call Rich at Brooklyn hobbies>718 951 2500 He will explaine the procedure
in detail.I will pick up this tool in the am.It makes adjusting the clutch so much easier.

Laterz.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Default tamale digital gauges

gidday
has anyone tryed using the tamale digital gauges on the xray clutch ?
i see there for the centax clutches
i have asked the manufactors of the gauges they werent shore
ther were going to find out and get back to me.
im intrested in investing in one
many thanks in advance
Old 03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
John, the xray thrust bearing isn't that good. the system they use to secure the balls (encased ina bronze ring) expands and begins to touch the sides of the clutch bell, and the holes the balls sit in become elongated. this causes clutch run on issues. i know cuz i've experienced it myself.

use the mugen or the kyosho thrust bearings they are better because the design the use to secure the balls in place makes the entire thrust stronger due tot he one peice curved alloy bit. also they require less stringent lubing before they show signs of wear.

look closly to the sidewalls of the xray thrust and you will see wear marks where the balls have pushed out against the side of the clutch bell.

regarding the clutch tool picture it's just a shot i got from the brooklyn hobbies site.
the thrust bearing that came with my car was silver coloured not bronze. maybe the bronze thrust race has been updated?
mine has been working perfectly since i got it.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by grub
gidday
has anyone tryed using the tamale digital gauges on the xray clutch ?
i see there for the centax clutches
i have asked the manufactors of the gauges they werent shore
ther were going to find out and get back to me.
im intrested in investing in one
many thanks in advance
Whats funny is I just made a call monday about that.. I am going to try askin ralph when I talk to him tomorrow. I know he used that tool alot when he ran serpent.. Dunno if he still does..

Cheers

Patrick
Old 03-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

john, i'm using the mugen thrust bearing and the washers that come with it.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Hey GUY!! I just looked at the final race schedule for the year.. Looks like you might see me at fuel sedan nationals lol!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

OK, so latest news... None of the team tamale clutch gap tools work with the NT1 clutch..
Old 03-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
OK, so latest news... None of the team tamale clutch gap tools work with the NT1 clutch..
thanks patrick
what a shame
sayed me 150 squids though
i hope they do a nt1 version
Old 03-25-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Ralph Said that he talked to them about making one.. but I guess it was left at that..

Calipers work fine if you pay attention to what your doing.. just get a set of digital calipers... for gap measurements. just zero the caliper when you have the clutch bell touching the clutch disc... and that will give you your clutch gap with no math.. same for clutch freeplay..
Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you not read my post?The clutch tool that Richie sells will do all 3 adjustments for the clutch.Gap,endplay and spring tension.
Just give him a call at Brooklyn hobbies and he will explain the deal.I bought one today and it works great.

718 951 2500
Old 03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeMalinconico
Did you not read my post?The clutch tool that Richie sells will do all 3 adjustments for the clutch.Gap,endplay and spring tension.
Just give him a call at Brooklyn hobbies and he will explain the deal.I bought one today and it works great.

718 951 2500
If your refering to me not reading your post.. Sorry if I put Ralphs word as absolute. Your some guy posting.. Ralph is ralph.. lol I was also speaking of the Team Tamale tool.... Ya really don't need a $150 clutch measuring tool.. I don't even have a micrometer that costs that much.. lol
Old 03-25-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default NT-1 In Stock?

Hey Guys, looking to pick up an NT-1, anyone know who has them in stock? Or any info on the next batch to come in? Thanks in Advance!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.