Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by royfan33
I finally got time to paint a new body for the NT1. I'm not a pro painter by any means, but I'm happy with it. I'm just learning to use liquid mask and an airbrush. At least I can get rid of the left overs from the previous car...Now I just need to trim the body posts, and true some tires for the weekend. I get to race Sat and Sun after almost a month off. I'm stoked for sure
Royfan,

Looking at your sig and the antenna on your car, were you able to squeeze the Nomadio Transceiver into your car or did you use another brand? I ended up buying a Spektrum Pro receiver but am keen to know what you used. BTW, the car looks good - I like the colour scheme. I've never had much luck with he airbrush - the last time I used one the paint flaked off pretty quick.

I'm hoping to get mine on the track for the first time this Sunday. I've had it built since April but the weather has been pretty poor.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teehomo
Royfan,

Looking at your sig and the antenna on your car, were you able to squeeze the Nomadio Transceiver into your car or did you use another brand? I ended up buying a Spektrum Pro receiver but am keen to know what you used. BTW, the car looks good - I like the colour scheme. I've never had much luck with he airbrush - the last time I used one the paint flaked off pretty quick.

I'm hoping to get mine on the track for the first time this Sunday. I've had it built since April but the weather has been pretty poor.

Cheers
The Nomadio transceiver fit perfectly. I had filed the case somewhat to get it into my last car, a G4S, though. I would miss the telemetry bigtime now that I've had it, besides with the Spektrum receiver you're running in what some at Nomadio call "Da Slow Mode"

As for the airbrush, I haven't had any problem with paint flaking. Pactra waterbased backed with pactra laquer from a spray can to make it more durable.

This weekend will be my second outting with the NT1. I hope to get it dialed.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

How have you found it so far compared to the G4? I have a G4S as well but have not been able to compare them yet. Out of the box I have to give it to the Team Magic car - at least it came with universals, alloy wheel hexes, receiver pack and an on/off plug. Fit and finish are the same quality too I think, although the NT1 has the smoother drivetrain. Can't wait to get it on the track to see if the onroad performance makes up for some of the kit deficiencies.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Regular

How have you found it so far compared to the G4? I have a G4S as well but have not been able to compare them yet. Out of the box I have to give it to the Team Magic car - at least it came with universals, alloy wheel hexes, receiver pack and an on/off plug. Fit and finish are the same quality too I think, although the NT1 has the smoother drivetrain. Can't wait to get it on the track to see if the onroad performance makes up for some of the kit deficiencies.
The G4S was my first onroad car after many yrs of 1/8th buggies and I enjoyed it. At first I thought it was a good value too, but after buying the ED tranny and the Speedshot front end, that wasn't the case. I know those are "option" parts, but I think the Ed is/was a necessity and now it is a freeby with a new G4S, but it cost me $120. I do agree that Xray should at least put aluminum wheel hexes in the box. Wouldn't cost much more at all from their end.

IMO the fit with the G4S wasn't quite on the level of Xray either. The G4 took some work to get the suspension to work free, whereas the Xray was spot on. Could have been my kit though. I was also dissappointed with the wear of some items on the G4S, the outdrives and pinions come to mind. I've only ran the Xray one day, 30 minutes of actual race time, plus maybe another 15-20 minutes of practice between heats, so I'll have to wait and see how it holds up.

For me the Xray is easier to work on too. Especially the fact that there is more room on the radio tray, and pulling the diffs is easier.

That being said, the G4S was fine on the track and the guys that were schooling me when I was driving the G4S will still school me now that I'm driving the Xray. I just hope to get a little better
Old 07-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Fair comment Gary. Perhaps I've still got my rose sunnies on.

I might have to try shaving the Nomadio transceiver to fit in the NT1 though. Although the Spektrum unit bound OK I just have a little niggle that something may go wrong and I end up with a problem. I'd hate to have a radio induced problem on it's fist day.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Champion

I also want to know somebody ( earlier in this thread ) said that he can fit in Futaba R113iP receiver into Xray radio box. He has not prove it yet.

I have to remove the casing of my receiver ( R113iP ).
Old 07-06-2007, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

Fair comment Gary. Perhaps I've still got my rose sunnies on.

I might have to try shaving the Nomadio transceiver to fit in the NT1 though. Although the Spektrum unit bound OK I just have a little niggle that something may go wrong and I end up with a problem. I'd hate to have a radio induced problem on it's fist day.
I think I saw a picture of an NT1 with the Nomadio in it (in the NT1 thread)... fits.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CIMRI
I checked your set-sheet. U cut your tires with (left-right) 2 mm split. How was it after final. can you give us some diameters after race.
Diameters after the Race:
FL 57
FR 55,5
RL 56,5
RR 55,5
Old 07-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default tire

Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
Diameters after the Race:
FL 57
FR 55,5
RL 56,5
RR 55,5

Incredible tire wear of the left How was the haendling in last part of the race. I see you had a lot of tire wear at the rear and left. I think the 2 mm split at the rear did not help so much.
I am wondering some people are using 26 side pulley. How can they haendle with rear tire wear. because w. 26 p. you have 1:1 overdrive ....
Old 07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well, car was great and I could pushing up to the end. No problem with that, but I discovered that this is never a problem with the XRAY. I had more problems with that with my good ol' Serpent.
I think the effect of the diameter difference was countered by the smaller tyres. But I could not say for sure because my middle belt lost teethes in the race and I couldn't say when because the handling didn't get sad.
But I would definitely use the 25t Mid-Pulley because you prevent pushing from the rear tyres. Also you could use a bigger pulley at the 2-speed-shaft. We tried today a 19t if I remember correct. So one turn more than original. It's way more aggressive into a corner and the belt tension is way better.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default My NT1

All most done, just a few parts needed
Attached Thumbnails Xray NT1-1.jpg   Xray NT1-2.jpg   Xray NT1-3.jpg  
Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Tech Rookie

i have TQ two weeks in a row now using the rear brake one way on my nt1 . i have found it allows more mid turn speed and has helped some with tire wear . the car is also more stable coming on or off throttle in all stages of a turn , entry ,mid corner and exit .

the car tranfers less weight to the front off throttle but with a few set up changes it was no problem and the car became easier to drive . tons and tons of the right kind of steering

so to update my experiment with the rear brake pulley oneway went really well , more testing all through next week at the mugen cup race at speedworld.

cheers
Old 07-07-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What one way pulley are you using ?Xray makes one
Old 07-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Had the NT1 out today for its best day of racing yet. I'm really starting to get the feel for the car. My setup is getting better, as is my driving.

Today after the 2nd qualifier a thunder storm passed through and it rained for around 20-30 mins. After a long delay for rain and getting the track dry the final quali was skipped and we went straight to the mains. I ended up qualified 4th in the "B" and finished 3rd on a track that had all the sugar washed off. As a rookie I'm very satisfied with the results.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by sns820
What one way pulley are you using ?Xray makes one
modified serpent , xray does not make one .
the xray pulley had to be machined as well as the serpent one way.

i posted some pix a couple pages back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.