Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default best buggy?

whats the best electric 4wd buggy to get? i want somethign that will be fairly competitive, can take a beating, will be extreemly fast wit ha brushless, and that will be a reasonable price. i was looking into a tamiya dfark impact or something of that sort. what do yall think will be best?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Do a search! There is a thread already covering this a couple of pages back. I think it is called "4WD Buggy".
Old 12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

k cool thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

get the Losi XXX-4 Graphite Plus. End of discussion, close the thread.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Losi XX4 hands down.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

BJ4 WE all th way
Old 12-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by streetracer745
i want somethign that will be fairly competitive, can take a beating, will be extreemly fast wit ha brushless, and that will be a reasonable price.
Lol... bit of a wishlist!!

First up, theres really no 4WD im aware of that can take a beating. Even more so with a brushless setup The fact remains that if you're carrying that kind of speed round a corner, you're gonna be hitting the wall pretty hard in the event that something goes wrong... unfortunately these cars are bound by the limitations of phyiscs.

Yokomo, losi, MRC, BJ all offer a product that is considered competetive... so id prob be looking at them. Just personal preference but i dont appreciate Tamiya as a genuine racer - unless its an all-Tamiya class/event.

They will ALL go like shit on a stick with brushless. Scary quick

I think the Losi XX4WE is performing very well at the elite level at the moment? XXX4g+ is real nice... but struggles with rough tracks.

My racing companion (nemesis? lol) has purchased the MRC academy 2 and its a nice piece of kit. Adjustable and very quick. What's even better is the price Havent seen any component failures yet... the MRC will prob get flamed here because its not a "big" brand vehicle. But remember 4WD electric is a category where even the top dollar stuff breaks regularly.

Also, check out 4wdrc.com as they are obsessed with a concept called the X5... based on a XX4WE, single belt conversion and couple of other nifty tricks.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i know my list is a little long, but im coming out of nitro monster trucks, so that kinda makes me want something tough. yeah i was looking into the XXX4+G, but i heard it breaks more often then other buggies. if the MRC is a good price then i might try that. and truely, i dont want soemthing that is pure performance and race worthy. any mid class buggy will be fine for me. and my track is fairly rough so i guess the losi is out. the XX4WE is expensive, so i dont think i can get my hands on one.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

You can usually pickup a xx4 on ebay for a decent price usually around 150.00 for a roller. Nice thing is you can also upgrade to the Xfactory X-5 later if you desire for a additional 229.00. This car combines all the best features of both the xx-4 and xxx-4 buggies into one buggy.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

is it tough? and were can i find a MRC acadamy? i read a review on it and it seems like it is great for what ill be doing but i cant find one anywere.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

does any one here have a yokomo buggy? i think im going to build my own. im going to use my old street car chassis thats just sitting around, but i need some specs on the yokomo parts before i buy them.