Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Corally RDX Phi >

Team Corally RDX Phi

Team Corally RDX Phi

Old 03-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
hey just got me a RDX.whats the diff between the regular RDX and PHI cars.can i convert mine.thanks aloy any info will help thanks
Not much different. They shifted the batteries back, which you can do with the 2006 Comp Spec chassis. The roll centers are lower out of the box with the PHI as well. A lot more adjustable wheelbase on the PHI also.

Jeff
Old 03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Built a scale system and weighed my PHI. Here is what I found. Car without the body weighed 3lbs. 2.10oz total. Left Front 333 grams, Right Front 387 grams, Left Rear 348 grams, and Right Rear 354 grams. The car with the body weighted 3lbs 6.3 oz. Should make any changes for outdoor asphalt racing?
Attached Thumbnails Team Corally RDX Phi-scale-005.jpg   Team Corally RDX Phi-scale-004.jpg  
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Not much different. They shifted the batteries back, which you can do with the 2006 Comp Spec chassis. The roll centers are lower out of the box with the PHI as well. A lot more adjustable wheelbase on the PHI also.

Jeff
can i convert mine the the newer car?i realy only plan on running vta class and maybe mod rubber once in awhile.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

can i convert mine the the newer car?i realy only plan on running vta class and maybe mod rubber once in awhile.
Looking at the cars side by side and looking at the part numbers in the manuals, the key items I discussed earlier are different. You would need a new chassis, top deck, suspension blocks, diffs, bulk heads, shock towers, and such. The suspension and roll center blocks are really the only things that transfer over. Maybe the bumber and mounts......
Old 03-06-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys just letting yas know, another succesfull win for Corally in australia last weekend winning the Sydney GP
Old 03-06-2009, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

The price of converting would be cheaper than a kit, but not significant enough to out weigh the knowledge you'll be building a new car with all new parts. Thats my feeling on converting compared to buying a new kit.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Big Features
Looking at the cars side by side and looking at the part numbers in the manuals, the key items I discussed earlier are different. You would need a new chassis, top deck, suspension blocks, diffs, bulk heads, shock towers, and such. The suspension and roll center blocks are really the only things that transfer over. Maybe the bumber and mounts......
cool thanks man.i'll down load a manual and see what i need.i didnt know how much they changed.or if any of parts were the same.this is my first corally car,ive ran losi,ae,and yokomos befor.thought id try this car out.will convertting benfit my car alot or should i just race it the way it is.
thanks alot for all this help!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by s.nicholson
Hey guys just letting yas know, another succesfull win for Corally in australia last weekend winning the Sydney GP
Awesome stuff
Old 03-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

cool thanks man.i'll down load a manual and see what i need.i didnt know how much they changed.or if any of parts were the same.this is my first corally car,ive ran losi,ae,and yokomos befor.thought id try this car out.will convertting benfit my car alot or should i just race it the way it is.
thanks alot for all this help!!!!
The RDX was/is still a great car. Easy to tune, tons of online posted set-ups at www.corallyusa.com and pretty darn durable. The RDX PHI however, just takes the performace to the next level. I honestly believe the PHI is better out of the box and there is a bigger "sweet spot", meaning even if your set-up isnt perfect you car will still be fast and not out to lunch.

I love this car and I've definately gotten faster and more consistant with it.

Mike
Old 03-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey guys
any word when the phi 2 will be available in the states???
Old 03-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys,
im running stock with the delrin spool and im break drive shaft protector clips nearly every run sometimes 2 a run, now its not the car its me, im nt the best driver but is there any way i can reduce the amount of blades i use up?

also i bought the 08 diff so i have the old diff there, if i put a pulley on this and glue cardboard to the diff rings can i use this as a slipping spool? just for a bit of give?

also bent a kit (aluminium?) drive shaft are the steel ones any stronger and at what weight?
finally with the front hubs i broke 2 this weekend (bad weekend) and know there is aluminiums hubs, if i run the aluminium whats next inline to break? arms or hingepins? how strong are these? which aluminium hubs are the best?
cheers guys car handles great just trying to get it to stand up to my abuse a bit more as i learn to drive
Old 03-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris08527
hey guys
any word when the phi 2 will be available in the states???
May possibly....

Jeff
Old 03-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys,
im running stock with the delrin spool and im break drive shaft protector clips nearly every run sometimes 2 a run, now its not the car its me, im nt the best driver but is there any way i can reduce the amount of blades i use up?

also i bought the 08 diff so i have the old diff there, if i put a pulley on this and glue cardboard to the diff rings can i use this as a slipping spool? just for a bit of give?

also bent a kit (aluminium?) drive shaft are the steel ones any stronger and at what weight?
finally with the front hubs i broke 2 this weekend (bad weekend) and know there is aluminiums hubs, if i run the aluminium whats next inline to break? arms or hingepins? how strong are these? which aluminium hubs are the best?
cheers guys car handles great just trying to get it to stand up to my abuse a bit more as i learn to drive

No major way to reduce that. Typically the blades are changed every other run for heavy racing. If you want to really reduce it, consider the steel blades and modified bones by Specialized RC that we make.

Jeff
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

hey there guys.i was wondering yous know of any good places to get corally parts?thanks for your input
Old 03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hey there guys.i was wondering yous know of any good places to get corally parts?thanks for your input
None of my LHS's carry Corally; so, I rely on:

CorallyUSA (Florida)
Superior Hobbies (shares space with CorallyUSA)
Ampdraw Hobbies (San Diego, CA)
Stormer Hobbies (out your way)

I assume that you mean for Phi cars; but, all should carry pretty much everything...

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.