Awkward!

Old 11-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Awkward!

How weird would it be if all of a sudden you were talking to your buddy about R/C at school and you're teacher overhears and tells you that SHE runs an Xray or something.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think I saw my principal walking around with a copy of R/C Car today
Old 11-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

THAT WOULD BE SOO COOL!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by juanfinesse
How weird would it be if all of a sudden you were talking to your buddy about R/C at school and you're teacher overhears and tells you that SHE runs an Xray or something.
only if she shows up at your track and totally kicks your ass!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

That would actually be pretty cool but I'm almost 100% positive that nobody at my school knows anything about hobby grade r/c or even knows what it is unless I've told them about it. Almost none of my friends know anything about cars either and when ever I say something about a car they either say what the hell is that or shut about your stupid cars. I usually don't talk about r/c stuff at school because people usually end up saying that's really stupid or something like that. That would be really cool if one of my teachers raced though, it would be even weirder/cooler if it was a girl.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

To me it only matters if she is hot or not...
Old 11-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My teacher over heard me in homeroom one day and told me he wnted to get started in RC. I told him to try a Mini-T. When he went on E-Bay and saw the pictures he told me he wouldn't pay 100 dollars for it. Then when he asked for a recommendation on a bigger scale I told him to try a TC4 RTR. His jaw dropped when he saw the price. The funny thing is he has a XBOX 360.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

HAHHA steve thats funny. Tell him to get like a Nikko
Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

I just love to see the expressions on people faces when they find out I have more money into my rc gear than what there cars worth.......
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Gotta love what people call me when i say i have RC cars.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Gotta love what people call me when i say i have RC cars.
I get that all the time from one of my buddies wife. She is always giving me a hard time when I say I have to leave so I can get up in the morning to go race.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

LOL.......

How old are you guys!?!?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FAST1
LOL.......

How old are you guys!?!?
I think we pretty much have ALL age groups covered, personally, I'm 40(you know, OOOOOLD....lol), & I also get a variety of responses when friends & coworkers find out about my racing hobby. However, when they also find out I got many of my building & troubleshooting skills from racing, they tend to respect it(I have a pretty strong rep for the quality of my work in electronics)....
Old 11-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
My teacher over heard me in homeroom one day and told me he wnted to get started in RC. I told him to try a Mini-T. When he went on E-Bay and saw the pictures he told me he wouldn't pay 100 dollars for it. Then when he asked for a recommendation on a bigger scale I told him to try a TC4 RTR. His jaw dropped when he saw the price. The funny thing is he has a XBOX 360.
most people will drop their jaws when they hear the starting cost of this hobby. but to us, RC enthusiasts, often such price doesn't matter much
Old 11-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I think we pretty much have ALL age groups covered, personally, I'm 40(you know, OOOOOLD....lol), & I also get a variety of responses when friends & coworkers find out about my racing hobby. However, when they also find out I got many of my building & troubleshooting skills from racing, they tend to respect it(I have a pretty strong rep for the quality of my work in electronics)....

You got a strong rep with the ladies down at the "Club" too!! Can't nobody shake those dolla bills like the Grizz!!! LMAO

Brant

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.