Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hyper 8 port piston & sleave ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Initiate

hyper 8 port piston & sleave ?????

hi just wondering if anyone can help. i have just bought a new piston sleave and conrod for my nephews worn out hyper 8 port engine. first thing is does anyone know what the factory run in settings are as he dosnt have the manual. the other is that now i have fitted it the engine is so tight i cant turn it over tdc without the piston getting stuck in the liner,i dont want to force it as i may damage it. so how can i get it run in. is this standard or have i got faulty parts. i replaced the piston in my rb ws711 and that turned over fine (was very tight but woudnt jam like this) i hope someone can help as at the moment hes nagging me to get it running again.
chris
Old 11-30-2006, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Chris,
The factory needle settings will vary. This depends on where you live. The temp., humidity, etc. can have diff. effects on motors.

The stock setting on Hyper 8 port motors should be the follwoing.
High speed needle ( 4-1/2 ) turns out from bdc.
Low speed needle ( 2-1/2 -----2-/34 ) out from bdc.

As far as the P/S set being tight, it should be very hard to turn the motor over by using the crank when a new P/S is installed. If it is this hard to turn over with the flywheel on it, I would pull it back down and just make sure it was put in right ( I am not saying you do not what you are doing ) just a mistake some people make.

BTW : Make sure you oil all of the parts before putting it all together.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to send me PM.

Thanks