Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novarossi PLUS 12-3CT carb question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Novarossi PLUS 12-3CT carb question

I'm getting one of these soon, my friend has one on his car and it's absolutely dominator.

My question is this; when looking at the details, it states that the carb inserts are interchangeable.

we actually experimented with this a little bit at the track last weekend and found that changing the insert out with one from his offroad engine (much larger diameter opening) made a big difference in torque.

are there potential problems with changing out the inserts?

if so, what are they?

Has anyone tried this?

if it makes that big of a difference, what is the point of custom grinding on a carb if you can just change the insert out?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

It delivery more power because has more air induction, but I'm 100% sure.. an expert can help you better
Didn't you noticed the mileage? With the restrictor it is better (small diameter).. if you take it out certainly you will make less than 5 minutes with a tank
Old 11-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

no, we didnt run it long enough to notice any mileage variances.

That makes sense, though.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

The carb inserts are there so the engine can be ROAR legal (for 'official racing regulations) By putting larger diameter insert in or non at all. You will get an increase in power and torque.
At the expence of more fuel !!
Your mileage will go down.
Make sure you re-tune the mixture when you run different or no insert though otherwize you will be running far too lean and will soon damage your motor.
If your not running races under strict rules and can stand the extra fuel consumption....then go for it.
One thing.....this motor is renound for good mileage on the stock (5.4mm) insert, so you still may be able to get 5 mins from her with the larger inserts in.

All the best.
Menace
Old 11-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hmm perhaps I will try and run on Sunday without the insert. Watch out fellow racers cuz da TACO is comin to TOWN!!!