Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stock motor foam tire carpet roll out ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Stock motor foam tire carpet roll out ?

I ma looking for info on what roll out people are using for different stock motors.

please list your track size and if its flowing or tecnical. so i can get an idea of what people are running .
I just seem to be they worst person and getting my gearing correct before the whole weekend race is over LOL.

Is there any quick tips on getting gearign faster? is there a way to guess gwearing closer with a muchmore motor master?

Thanks for any help .

Please dont just post go read the stock forum or tell me i should have posted this there . (isnt it sad we need to do this so we dont get bitched at LOL)
Old 11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

An easy way to find that gearing sweet spot is that the motor should peak about 3/4 of the way down the longest straight. After the run feel the temp of the motor if you can hold your finger on it for 5 seconds comfortably then your gearing is about spot on.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try here ... www.gearchart.com .... should be of some help ...
Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM
TEM
Tech Regular

26-30mm is a good start. Low side for tighter tracks and high side for larger tracks. Low side for rpm motors, high side for torque motors. Those are a safe starting ranges. Yes, temp your motor! It is important!! You can also see and hear if the car is right when you know your equipment well. Some guys might gear to the moon and beat the crap out of their motors to go a little faster, especially with newer and powerful cells, just because you can. Not recommended for everyone though.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here's an idea, ask at the track you're racing at. The guys that are fast will normally help. You know who they are, just ask them. at the very least, they will give you a decent starting point.