TURBO 35 GFX

Old 11-20-2006, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default TURBO 35 GFX

Anyone used the CE TURBO 35 GFX or PIT BULL?
Is there anything else it compares to?
Old 11-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I have one of those CE GFX's. Great charger! Has a lot in it for the price. Downside to it is, it's well big and expensive. Pluses are, made in the USA!, does motor run it, charges, discharges, cycles... Has a company based in the USA that stands behind the products they sell and supports excellent customer service as well. It is upgradable to the newer frameware (software that runs it)for a few dollars. Charger lasts for years and years. I have mine for about 2-3 years and it is still going strong. I need to update the frameware but everything functions correctly. I also have a CE Turbo 35BL that has worked flawless over the last few years. I've seen people with turbo 30's that still use them today.

Other chargers that are out today are: the Durtrax Ice charger, great little charger for a great value. The muchmore unit I hear great remarks about as well. There is a few other ones out there. I'm sure someone else can fill you in what else is out on the market today.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Competition Electronics puts out a great product(s). I like the GFX, and have had no problems since I got it. Everyone else that have them claim the same (pretty much). However, I have also used the LRP Pulsar and the Pulsar II, the Ice and the Integy 16v6. The Integy died. The Pulsar Pro and the Pulsar II Pro work flawlessly, as does the Ice. They are all small and pack a ton of features/performance in a small space. I got the Ice with the intension of being able to charge Lipos, only to find out later that CE is working on a firmware update for the GFX that will allow it to charge Lipos. My take, Go with an Ice if you don't want to lay out the cash for a GFX. The only thing that an Ice will never do that GFX does is the 35 amp discharge. If a backlight is important, you are SOL with the Ice, though. You can void the warrenty and install an aftermarket one, or go with the LRP Pulsar 2 and get all but the Lipo,and 35 amp discharge...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:01 AM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default GFX upgrades

fellas, i can get hold of NIB GFX for awesome price but it doesn't have the latest firmware update. I asked the shop to power it up...showed 1.40. Mailed CE but was told that they won't ship to Malaysia

Apart from sending it in via 3rd party which is a bit of a hussle, does anyone else do upgrading on GFX?

What will I be missing from 1.40 to 1.60?
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

The biggest 2 things are a yellow and black screen, which is easier to read and the motor volts are adj. on the run.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

I'm waiting for the LiPo update to send mine in... Honestly, I use my little Ice more than I use my GFX...
Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been waiting on that Lipo update as well. They keep pushing the release date back. But when they release it I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

The GFX is the standard that the other chargers are held to. Why get something else?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:12 PM
KoE
Tech Master

GFX is huge in comparison with lots of other chargers out there. Granted ICC has about the same footprint but it's thinner. Cost is another factor, so the price I was offered is so tempting except that CE won't service all country.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

GFX LIPO UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE-

The Turbo 35 GFX has been updated to include Lipo battery charging and discharging while still retaining the Nimh/Nicd operation.

-The program update is available for all GFX units as an upgrade. The unit must be sent back to our facility for reprogramming.

-Cost for the update is $50.00 plus shipping. We prefer to call you when it is done for payment. Visa/Matercard accepted.

-Units will also be tested for calibration and operation.

-A seven page addendum to the operating manual is included, please read it carefully before using the unit. You may also download it on tab below.

-Turn around time is approximately one week.

Last edited by STLNLST; 07-26-2007 at 10:50 PM. Reason: update
Old 07-27-2007, 09:29 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Default weight

can i have an approx. weight of the GFX? if the postage is right...i might take the bullet...buy one and send it in via 3rd party for upgrading