Wiki Posts
Search

Toolboxes - Carrying Cases etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
I bought one of these little gems...I love it, I bought a bunch of the 3700 boxes for all my differents parts per each car so what I do is depending what I am racing I grab those boxes I need put them in here and go...

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...Id=19286643941

It is a great deal
since the 3700's go sideways, do you have any problems with screws or washers mixing into other compartments?

ps.. look at the 3750's too.. they make good tool compartments.

not my pic.. but you get the idea.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is where you can the F8 bag today...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/3853

PLus they offer free shipping on any order over $100.00

If you put this in the coupon code yousave another $15.00
DPPDEC15

Hope that helps,
-Shookie <><
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

At first I had that problem, but that was solved with another item that is fantastic

http://onlybatteries.com/showitem.as...t1=56&uid=1690

I don't think I got them from these guys, but I bought 50 of these little 2AA cases and use them to organize all my hardware....They fit great in the cases plus it lets me really seperate my hardware nicely
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

Mr. Shookie thanks for the post. I looked at Amain. The F8 isn't elligable for free shipping . I went to try that code, it didn't work .

I just want the bag with out having to pay my left arm to get it
Old 01-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

I use one of these:
http://www.containerstore.com/browse...0&PRODID=62806

After watching Rick and Pillars use them hauling them all over the country and over seas and seeing how much they fit in them as well as how durable they were, when I saw the price I was sold.

They fit in most trunks and will even fit in a front seat at an angle if needed.

They roll and have good handles that will not break, plus you can check them as luggage.

And the best thing about them is if it is sitting in the back seat of your car or in your hatch back exposed to public eye it does not say "steal me " like other fancy bags do.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

you have to take pics on how you stuff things in and what goes in !! =)

Originally Posted by MrBlack
I use one of these:

After watching Rick and Pillars use them hauling them all over the country and over seas and seeing how much they fit in them as well as how durable they were, when I saw the price I was sold.

They fit in most trunks and will even fit in a front seat at an angle if needed.

They roll and have good handles that will not break, plus you can check them as luggage.

And the best thing about them is if it is sitting in the back seat of your car or in your hatch back exposed to public eye it does not say "steal me " like other fancy bags do.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMits
How did I miss these?

No more jamming my pliers into one of the narrow compartment rows!!

That made my day,
Nick
Old 01-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrBlack
I use one of these:

Thats what i use and its excellent.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
At first I had that problem, but that was solved with another item that is fantastic

http://onlybatteries.com/showitem.as...t1=56&uid=1690

I don't think I got them from these guys, but I bought 50 of these little 2AA cases and use them to organize all my hardware....They fit great in the cases plus it lets me really seperate my hardware nicely
i guess i could always put everything into "photo cans" and go crazy with my label machine. LOL. Talk about obsessive compulsive. I'm constantly changing the way I organize things.

I dont know whats the hobby anymore.. racing or.. tool / parts management.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

LMAO...isn't that the truth. I've got more Plano boxes in the basement from reorganizing my stuff time and time again.

The smaller Team Magic Bag is VERY nice and great for most TC or 12th scale stuff. I have the "Sportwerks" version that's sold through Horizon Hobby (though I don't think they sell it anymore).

The only thing I wish is that I could replace the boxes with Plastic ones that were more durable.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
The only thing I wish is that I could replace the boxes with Plastic ones that were more durable.
Best reason to get the Magic F8 over the SportWorks version. I do believe that you can buy the F8 drawers separately, though, I'm not sure they are the same dimensions as the SW bag.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Tried that...it's not the same size. The Sportwerks bag is the same size as the smaller Team Magic bag, not the larger F8 bag. The small Team Magic bag also uses cardboard boxes. I need to get the dimensions and head to the Container Store.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Tried that...it's not the same size. The Sportwerks bag is the same size as the smaller Team Magic bag, not the larger F8 bag. The small Team Magic bag also uses cardboard boxes. I need to get the dimensions and head to the Container Store.
what happened to the days when we could fit everything into:

i still have that bag somewhere buried...
Old 01-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Me too! I also found a place that I could get the inner boxes from for $1 each. Unfortunately you had to buy 25 at a time but it was worth it.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

The F10 uses plastic boxes but is somewhat hard to find.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.