Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by oople
something tells me he wont be telling you much ever again
Old 11-21-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tripthreat
I just ran my new X-5 for the first time this weekend and let me tell you, the thing is dialed! I ran the Arizona State Championships at SRS and the car was fast and very easy to drive. I know I am sponsored by them, but with that aside, I can honestly say it is my favorite 4wd. (I have raced 3 others, all in discussion here)
Nice to hear that you like the X-5. I had the same impressions when I first ran mine. Xfactory has a great car it just needs more exposure. You got 3rd place in 4wd didn't you.

Last edited by sport10; 11-21-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Yeah, I got 3rd. I can't wait to race after I already have some time on the car!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Talking

I now have an X-5 as well. It has by far the best launch off the line compared to the shafties! Wish I could make it stop sounding like an old typewriter on takeoff and heavy braking!!!! Has so many setups available compared to the likes of BJ4 and some others, particulalry in the rear. Handles very well.
Mate of mine had a Yoke. The main prob they have is that the diffs are open and constantly get dirt or rocks jammed between the belt and the diff. Also the rear camber link "trails" the control arm, so camber goes positve before going negative on compression! Apparently you can put the inner ballstud upside down to help stop this?
Old 11-30-2006, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

does anyone out there know where i can buy the new team magic m1 and has anyone had any experiance with it yet
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

There is a mod outlined in the tech section at www.4wdrc.com that uses a double roller setup. This increases belt wrap and is suppose to elimate alot of the skipping.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I had the XXX4 and that thing just broke on me so much, I hated it. It handled like crap too. The guys I know that have it are switching to the new Yokomo which is another great car.

I am now using the bj4we and I rarely break that thing and it just handles so good for me. I once went a month without breaking a single part and that is racing twice a week. The bj4we is so durable. I seen a guy get pissed off at the track announcer and he ran his bj4we into the wall on purpose at top speed and the car did not break, it was unbelievable. He continued to race!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

That's a very soft wall they must have there! Sure the BJ is durable, but let's not get carried away!

I found my Yokomo to be a stronger car than my BJ4WE.

But in the end is does come down to a bit of luck. I rarely break something myself but when you have a bingle with another driver you can't be sure how you're going to come away....