Search

Racing,Track & Running Ethics

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Racing,Track & Running Ethics

Hi,

Lets have a healthy discussion on the above topic...and hope it will be translated on the track....

Let me start...
- ALWAYS check FREQUENCY!!! Either during ur normal bashin or at the races...
Who should check? For me, when i'm about to run, i will check with pple already at the track...RCS u can check the Frequency board...but i notice NOT all are putting up their Frequency Then wat about those who comes later than me? Should they check wif me or i check wif them My opinion, they should be the ones checking....

Wat say u....will b addin more later if u guys dun mind...cos the forum getting boring
Old 02-18-2003, 09:08 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

FREQUENCY etiquette:-

1) latest arrivals should always check with the guys already there. Its also a good icebreaker, best chance to say "hello" so someone you don't know. Don't all have to be strangers.

2) if got clash then the latercomer should change freq, or you can also 'share' and take turns. Say 1 tank running, then let the other guy run 1 tank etc. Be mature, don't monopolise that freq.

3) when turning on your radios, always turn on the RX first. That was you can make double-sure no one is on your freq. If you simply blindly turn on your TX first then you risk jamming someone who is already running.
Old 02-18-2003, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default get more crystals

Hi,

It really feel bad when someone who got a all hopped up V-one R that said, "no money to buy crystal, you just wait!"
Old 02-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: get more crystals

Originally posted by ongbenghui
Hi,

It really feel bad when someone who got a all hopped up V-one R that said, "no money to buy crystal, you just wait!"
hahaha
yeah i know about that..
once i was at TJ track and i got sick of changing my crystals that i gave up playing.. cause everytime i change to one diff freq
Another guy will come by and start to play withour checking and cause my failsafe to kick in...
ask them if they have diff freq. they just say .. ah.. dont have. leh..

Old 02-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

now tat we got the frequency checked...lets move on....hmm...now we go into danger territory....runnin(bashin) on the track...

why dun pple let the fast car(not saying mine is ) past we r not racing so y u wanna block? unless u playin wif ur group of frens then its ok...

i always remember one of the "top" driver father story about runnin in thailand...his son car was faster than the car in front...the front car "open (move off the racing line)" and let him past....its the same... the slower car will let the faster car past...afterall its not a race....it will be different when racing(wait till i start on tat )

so how...any comments...
Old 02-20-2003, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ozone
why dun pple let the fast car(not saying mine is ) past we r not racing so y u wanna block? unless u playin wif ur group of frens then its ok...
Only works on short straights.

In corners and long straights, I think its better to continue driving your normal speed (even if slower).

You don't want the slower driver to lose control in the corner just because he was trying to avoid the fast driver. Also on long straights, all drivers will be able to go fast so road hogging is less of a problem, besides, the faster drivers should be able to avoid them easily on the long straights.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default best 2 get

the m8 synthesiser singapore have??? that would be extremly friendly and still can play without having 2 worry bout crystals
Old 02-24-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Just my 1 cent

Qoute from OZONE;why dun pple let the fast car(not saying mine is ) past we r not racing so y u wanna block? unless u playin wif ur group of frens then its ok...

so how...any comments...

I think this will give the faster driver the chance to practice passing slower cars.This will maybe up the faster drivers' skill a notch higher. Enjoy the hobby and happy racing.Cheers

Last edited by IronMan; 02-24-2003 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2003, 03:58 AM
Iceman27

Hi guys,

Wow... am I glad that Ozone had started this topic. Well, here are my 2 cents worth!

Frequencies - I totally agree with Ozone & WC. Last guy to the track checks, not the other way around! Always turn on the receiver 1st to confirm band is free. Totally hate it when some unknown dude appears & fires up w/o checking. Totally inconsiderate!

Slower cars - Think everybody's got some truth in their points. Personally, I feel that if i'm holding up traffic, i'll get out of the way let the fast guy pass & then try to keep up with him as a yardstick. This way, the fast guy gets to blow by & the slower guy 'trains' by trying to keep up rather than holding up traffic.

What say you all?

Old 03-03-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys,
Beside the 2 problem mentioned.
There is one problem that many did not notice. Driving with a body is an hazard to other cars as they might get lifted off by the wheels.
And increase the chances of getting your car being damaged.
Old 03-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RacingLine
Hi Guys,
Beside the 2 problem mentioned.
There is one problem that many did not notice. Driving with a body is an hazard to other cars as they might get lifted off by the wheels.
And increase the chances of getting your car being damaged.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm, not sure what that means either, but I have seen certain low profile bodyshell designs, especially the Lola types, scoop up the car it impacts with its nose and causes its victim to either cartwheel or crash into the boards. Maybe thats what RL meant.

Anyway I feel that no matter what precaution the drivers take, or no matter how skilled the drivers are, accidents can and will happen on the track. Its part and parcel of the hobby.

I have been on the receiving end of countless crashes, and I admit that I am the cause of plenty too, in my few short years of active play.

I am not blessed with good peripheral vision. My FOV covers only a small area ahead and astern of my car, so sometimes I can't help it if I can't avoid slower cars, and worse if its someone else tries to overtake me. I ain't blessed with superhuman reflexes either (I don't seem to be blessed anything lmao).

Chances are, I won't move in time to get out of his line too. So, if the fella doggedly refuses to budge off his line......Wham.

One last thing is to try and be cool headed on the track. Accidents happen all the time when you have multiple land rockets zipping around. Small wonder that these things bump into each other at the insane speeds they reach.

One memorable event that happened to me was at the now-defunct Sembawang Shopping Centre track (where the satay club operates now). I was happily zipping my car along when another car flipped upside down ahead of mine. Unfortunately, it was near the end of the straightest section.

That, my unblessed peripheral vision + my unblessed reflexes = you know the rest.......Wham.

Me:"Ooops, sorry dude".

Him:"Eh, what the ****, you ****ing blind ah!!"

Last edited by crunchychewynut; 03-03-2003 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:37 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Iceman27
Slower cars - Think everybody's got some truth in their points. Personally, I feel that if i'm holding up traffic, i'll get out of the way let the fast guy pass & then try to keep up with him as a yardstick. This way, the fast guy gets to blow by & the slower guy 'trains' by trying to keep up rather than holding up traffic.
I am 50:50 about this "give way" rule... it really depends on where & when you are playing.

When racing... sure, always give way to the faster car (like, I don't have a bumper bar on the BACK of my car, so always give way lah!! ).

But when casual playing... the real Question is HOW to give way? Can either:

1) move over & slow down, let passing car take the racing line

2) keep racing line, let passing car overtake on the 'outside'

Me, I'm usually on driver stand next to the other driver anyway so I just either

#1 - move over off line, the other guy will usually say "thankyou"

#2 - call out "go ahead, pass on outside"

But when new ppl unfamiliar with the "rulez" turn out with their toy cars - especially right after xmas period ... AARRGH!!

"Go ahead, be my guest - try driving in front of my fast Mini!!"

Old 03-10-2003, 02:43 AM
Iceman27

How about when racing?

What do you guys think about 'road hogging' during racing?

Old 03-10-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Iceman27
How about when racing?

What do you guys think about 'road hogging' during racing?
I thought that preventing someone from passing you is a strategy in races too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.