Daytona Speedway Spectacular

Daytona Speedway Spectacular

Old 02-18-2003, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Daytona Speedway Spectacular

as posted on another board.

DAYTONA-SPEEDWAY SPECTACULAR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T FORGET OUR NEXT BIG R/C RACE IS IN DAYTONA ON MARCH21-23.THIS IS TRULY A REAL FAST AND FUN RACE,THE TRACK IS HUGE ,THE BIGGEST YOU WILL PROBABLY EVER RUN ON.IT IS BUILT ON THE ENTRANCE TO PIT ROAD,YES-WE ACTUALLY RACE ON THE DAYTONA SPEEDWAY.IT IS A HUGE WEEKEND,THE INFIELD IS FILLED WITH HOTRODS THE ACTUAL PIT GARAGES ARE USED FOR STORES ,WERE THEY SELL ALL KINDS OF NASCAR STUFF AS WELL AS OTHER THINGS.AND ALL OVER THERE IS PLENTY TO EAT AND DRINK.SO MARK YOUR CALENDERS FOR A TRULY UNIQUE RACE,I PROMISE YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS.WE WILL HAVE SIGN UP SHEETS AT BADDOG PRO-SHOP.BUT YOU BETTER MAKE YOUR HOTEL RESERVATIONS (NOW)I MADE MINE AT DAYS INN SPEEDWAY-2900 INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY BLVD.THE PHONE NUMBER IS 386-255-0541.HOPE TO SEE ALOT OF YOU LOCALS IN DAYTONA...........
Old 02-19-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

What classes do they run? Control tires on sedans? Pits and power available or bring your own?
Old 02-20-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

More info here

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/ima...ytonaentry.jpg
Old 02-23-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Champion

Spooky,

Thanks for the entry form. Can you tell me if power will be available or do you have to provide your own? Thanks again.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:40 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

You will need to bring your own power. It's a high traction, open and fun track. Like was said earlier, it may be the largest track you've run on......so bring some GEAR!
Old 02-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also booked a room at the Days Inn for the 21st and the 22nd. There were really no other options and I wasnt really wanting to have to drive 1 1/2 hrs each way each day so this should be alittle easier.
Old 03-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default daytona not so spectacular

i attended the speedway spectacular,aside from the weather when it was time to race,clearly an electrically biased race....
most of us nitro touring guys had to endure rude remarks from other electric racers as well as a few remarks from event coordinators.if you are gonna offer a nitro class then dont complain or remark when the nitro drivers dont make lap times like the electrics.driving a nitro touring car is a bit more difficult than an electric machine ,the ole saying goes dont knock it until you try it .
as for any other people possibly reading this thread that are offended -----sorry about your luck------