Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic E4 MDC

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Team Magic E4 MDC

http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/newsf...09144029-65905

What did you think about this new car? I'm not sure about 3 belt design, and saddle battery configuration...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Tech Adept

The car looks very fantastic, ultra narrow chassis, perfect side to side balance, already modified ball ends...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just to make it easier for you guys ... i used to race onroad nitro with Team Magic and passed this year to offroad ... but i think i will go back to the asphalt, in electrics :

cya,

Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I wonder how having everything close to the center-line ... and having only the speed control hanging off the edge of the chassis will effect handling. Adjustments by pre-loading the shocks will be needed. An interesting design - and different, but, if it will work is another ???
Old 11-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Its more refined than the last pictures I saw of this car.

The concept of keeping everything close to the centerline is important. However, Losi is able to do it with two belts yet this one is doing it with three. Anyways if they were to do it with two, everyone would say they were copying Losi.

I think this car still needs further refinement in regards to the steering and placement of the receiver. Also something needs to be done in centering the ESC. Perhaps they would have to design the car around the use of certain components that are small enough to fit. Like KO receiver & esc or even the new Spectrum micro receiver and so on. Obviously this will be marketed towards the highend racer so it should be geared towards highend electronics.

Also despite the fact it uses 6 cells in such a strange configuration, it may be able to use lipo packs of the same voltage except slimer and lighter. It may also be a better fit for 5 cells, which is currently being considered as the new standard.

As strange as this car looks, I wouldn't write it off yet given that there are many changes going out there on how electric cars are to be powered or the amount of power electric cars may have. Even with the three belt design, power from lipo and brushless can overcome any minimal losses from the extra belts.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

With the new generation of electronics available ie micro recievers,micro esc's .The weight of these items on the outside of chassis should have minimal effect to balance and CG.
With reference to 5 cell rule thats being dabated ,this chassis should lend itself well to that arrangement allowing space for esc and micro reciever closer inboard.
The car looks good ,how well it works is anothe question but TM have been doing there homework and will be taking note of what the feed back is on the car .
Going by the performance and improvements this year to the G4S I have confidence in the perfomance of the E4.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default someone's in trouble

okay. i would guess that the web designer for team magic grabbed the wrong pictures. i'm not sure how, though. those should have been archived here:

C:\Projects\Team Majic\Archives\1998\Electric\Prototype
Old 11-09-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by seaball
okay. i would guess that the web designer for team magic grabbed the wrong pictures. i'm not sure how, though. those should have been archived here:

C:\Projects\Team Majic\Archives\1998\Electric\Prototype

Nice, and very true!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default team trinity

hey all:the new team magic 4wd electric sedan looks interesting to say the least we'll just have to see how it catches on with consumers and racers alike?looks like trinity is getting into distributing cars rather than make their owne for the most part.i've heard they will be distributors for team magic and team crc if what i hear is correct?any input will help thanks
Old 11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

FSR used to make an electric touring car with three belts that was very similar to this! The only real difference is all the aluminum this car uses and the battery layout. The FSR Bullet used a normal saddle pack layout, it was one of the narrowest saddle chassis I ever saw at the time, the batterys were very close to touching in the middle of the chassis. You lose effeciency with more blets though, was a problem in stock class, didn't really notice much in mod. Tech also made a three belt design car called the Voggerd or something close to that name.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Interesting indeed.
but no place to fit a brushless speedo.
It looks like kind of a bit of a dice roll to place a speedo on plastic wings that may get hit during racing.

but other than that quite an interesing layout and a very nice prototype. Do love all the bling factor
Old 11-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olhipster1
Interesting indeed.
but no place to fit a brushless speedo.
It looks like kind of a bit of a dice roll to place a speedo on plastic wings that may get hit during racing.

but other than that quite an interesing layout and a very nice prototype. Do love all the bling factor
Took the words out of my mouth. I recently purchased a GTB system and with my old electronic setup on my MSX I could fit everything in neatly, I am struggling with the brushless system to have enough room. There is no way possible without adding wings that you could mount a brushless setup at this point in time on that chassis and as mentioned three belts reduces effencieny so I can't imagine that chassis being too competitive in the 540 silvercan class.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i like radical designs though....it shows that the gears are turning over there at the magic camp! It's something new and that's always good in my book. I guess only track results can tell us more about the car...

looks cool though IMO
Old 11-10-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by b-man777
i've heard they will be distributors for team magic and team crc if what i hear is correct?any input will help thanks

Yes they are. Magic stuff already on Trinity's site, CRC soon.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Yes, Tech Racing had a 3 belts touring called "T-10 Voggerd". A beautiful chassis but motor is off centerline.

FSR was a flop... pivot ball suspension on EP touring never worked well.

Originally Posted by WailinOnYa
Tech also made a three belt design car called the Voggerd or something close to that name.
I prefer 4 cells instead of the new European standard, 5 cells. A bit retard to have 3 different battery configurations if I race 1/12, EP touring and 1/10 buggy.

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Also despite the fact it uses 6 cells in such a strange configuration, it may be able to use lipo packs of the same voltage except slimer and lighter. It may also be a better fit for 5 cells, which is currently being considered as the new standard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.