Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

JL Racing .12

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Iam jumping on the bandwagon and ordered this motor. I have a moded TZ right now and its just not acting right as well the crankshaft is odd and doesnt easily accept a mtx-4 collet which gives me really no space for shimming.

I ran a omega motor before and it was quite nice. Easy to read and tune , crisp throttle response. Actually did my best racing with it. So im hoping that luck comes back.

Im hoping the motor is fast. Im going to be using either the CRF or this motor. What do you guys think. Also I already have the Skyline Pipe. So im good there.

Does this motor come with a plug? What plug for Florida weather and 20 or 30%. What type of oil percentages?

Ill let you guys know how it goes. Also does instructions come with the motor , Ive seen a variety of break-in reccomendations. 1 tank - 7 tanks. Are you guys doing WOT/Cyrul method or what?

Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A.I.- I'm also running an OS and it won't let me use the mugen collet, but regardless of no shims it runs excellent and I've had no issue with tuning or clutch problems.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no it comes with no plug.

and I am using the skyline VR 12 Plus JLR combo, and from what i hear its blistering fast.

oh Bert get on AIM
Old 04-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
no it comes with no plug.

and I am using the skyline VR 12 Plus JLR combo, and from what i hear its blistering fast.

oh Bert get on AIM
Very fast I have that combo and it's off the chain ballistic.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Iam jumping on the bandwagon and ordered this motor. I have a moded TZ right now and its just not acting right as well the crankshaft is odd and doesnt easily accept a mtx-4 collet which gives me really no space for shimming.

I ran a omega motor before and it was quite nice. Easy to read and tune , crisp throttle response. Actually did my best racing with it. So im hoping that luck comes back.

Im hoping the motor is fast. Im going to be using either the CRF or this motor. What do you guys think. Also I already have the Skyline Pipe. So im good there.

Does this motor come with a plug? What plug for Florida weather and 20 or 30%. What type of oil percentages?

Ill let you guys know how it goes. Also does instructions come with the motor , Ive seen a variety of break-in reccomendations. 1 tank - 7 tanks. Are you guys doing WOT/Cyrul method or what?

Thanks.
this is the motor i used at superior AI. you saw how fast it was. comes ready for 30%
Old 04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

so it does come ready for 30%!

in the book it says 25% for 30% add an extra 0.1mm shim
Old 04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
so it does come ready for 30%!

in the book it says 25% for 30% add an extra 0.1mm shim
yes i read that also and questioned kamikaze about it and he said it was fine. so i run the motor stock shims 30%. no detinations or foul of plugs so stock shim is fine for 30 to me.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by roadrage
this is the motor i used at superior AI. you saw how fast it was. comes ready for 30%
Wow. I think it was the fastest motor at the track that day? Is it modified or stock? That thing was ballastic, the fastest motor and driving ive seen.

What plug you end up running?

Now I just gotta hope my poor driving skills can handle this motor.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

lol so it is really that fast :P

umm I think it was stock there's only 1 person making a moddified JLR (which IMO doesnt need to be modded).
Old 04-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow. I think it was the fastest motor at the track that day? Is it modified or stock? That thing was ballastic, the fastest motor and driving ive seen.

The JL's that Austin (roadrage) have are off the shelf box stock
Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah wasnt sure, it was so fast. Yeah I knew about the murnan jlr, reason why I was wondering.

Awesome cant wait , the motor arrives today.

Last edited by Artificial-I; 04-05-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

you still need a glow plug
Old 04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Cool. The instructions do have some info.

Says they reccomend 25% / 10% oil. If you run 30% add .1mm shim. Im debating on weither adding a shim. It seems to be fine without from what Im reading.

Also run in states 10-20 minutes of rich and moderate rpms. So sounds like throttle blipping up to half its final rpm speed should work. 20 minutes will probably be about 7 tanks.

Where does the 1 tank break-in come from? Also what plugs are you people running? It looks like im going to have to run something else than picco. No one in the area has them. What matches it and is there a plug that similiar or is the taper going to be different. Will a different plug void warranty? Doesnt say.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool. The instructions do have some info.

Says they reccomend 25% / 10% oil. If you run 30% add .1mm shim. Im debating on weither adding a shim. It seems to be fine without from what Im reading.

Also run in states 10-20 minutes of rich and moderate rpms. So sounds like throttle blipping up to half its final rpm speed should work. 20 minutes will probably be about 7 tanks.

Where does the 1 tank break-in come from? Also what plugs are you people running? It looks like im going to have to run something else than picco. No one in the area has them. What matches it and is there a plug that similiar or is the taper going to be different. Will a different plug void warranty? Doesnt say.
The 1 tank break-in was done on the early stage when we are trying to blow up the engine (which until now the motor is still running strong) you can use the Mega plugs, they are the same as the picco plug. and the motor was shimmed ready for 30%nitro.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 04-05-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

i use mega 7 cold plug and mega 2607 pipe. i think im the only one using this combo and its off the chain as you can see.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.