Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts? >

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

CRC's New Generation-X.... Your Thoughts?

Old 12-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Actually it could be much worse, I have the Nomadio in there but no sensors connected... My 3.2 was much worse... I don't know if the Nomadio is going to stay in the car, I'm bringing my 3PK with FM and Spektrum, I've been having radio issues....
I got the Nomadio working in the Gen-X running stock motors. Tried it once with 19 turn, and issues started coming back, so went back to the XS-3 and car was fast, and never in doubt while running. Let me know how it does over the weekend.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Whats the size of the front wheel bearings for the car? I got the front end kit, bearings are a different size that what I had on before.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The new front axle is 3/16". So you would want 3/16" x 5/16". CRC sells some here.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does the Gen X kit come with the bearings?
Old 12-15-2006, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yes it does.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Actually it could be much worse, I have the Nomadio in there but no sensors connected... My 3.2 was much worse... I don't know if the Nomadio is going to stay in the car, I'm bringing my 3PK with FM and Spektrum, I've been having radio issues....
I gave up the Sensor Radio, it did work with the Small spektrum reciver
but not with the sensor tranreciver, i now use spektrum in my Ko helios
Shaking servos, will not connec, osv.

Alf
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nnick
You can buy a clone It's cheaper than an original one and you get to have same number on all classes you run

it's built from MRT

thread at rctech http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117075

Nick
I'm mad that I missed the $65 deal on those... I bought my AMB PT for $55 from Tamiya, and I can't wrap my head around paying $89 for an actual AMB, let alone a clone.... I'm usually up on stuff like that... and I could just kick myself......

great idea though... and it sounds like a great product..

they really should make it with "ears" though
Old 12-16-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by omaha_racing
Sp what are people using to spacer the transponder?? I thought that the kit would arrive with the aluminum spacers like they show in the pic. Oh well cant have it all, I guess.
The brilliant servo mounting location kind of backfired for me. Most of the tracks around here have a tower for the timing and scoring loop. I lost like 30% of my laps with the transponder mounted down below. I have mine taped to the top of my servo.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fraz
The brilliant servo mounting location kind of backfired for me. Most of the tracks around here have a tower for the timing and scoring loop. I lost like 30% of my laps with the transponder mounted down below. I have mine taped to the top of my servo.
Wow, that's wierd because my transponders are mounted on the chassis which puts them only about 2mm higher than yours in the chassis. All my transponders work fine including the MRTs. The GenX setup sure puts it close to the under-carpet loop though.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Adept

My local track (CRC Raceway) has the transponder loop on a "bridge" above the track instead of under the carpet also. All I needed to do was mount the transponder with the label facing up (instead of down) on top of two 1/8" plastic shock spacers, and it counts fine.

If you need to get it even higher, you can mount it on 2 short threaded stand-off posts.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I'm looking at setting up my electronics in the GenX now. Here's a question/request:

The ABP battery braces, especially the first one. I could probably take about 1/8" of the material on the front edge of that to allow more room for electronics.

Anyone see any problem with this?
Is this part even necessary?

I could probably take off a bit more if that second hole wasn't in there (with the batteries mounted forward).

Next, It would be really nice to have a part specifically made for this instead of me having to grind it down...CRC can you make it?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm installing some of the electronics in my new GENX... if anyone can share body off/on pics of their setups that would be cool... I'm going to start a new thread for 12th scale pics... I don't think there is one yet
Old 12-18-2006, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by akura2
I'm installing some of the electronics in my new GENX... if anyone can share body off/on pics of their setups that would be cool... I'm going to start a new thread for 12th scale pics... I don't think there is one yet
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=68723
Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks... that thread is almost a year old... half the pics are missing... and most of the ones that are left are body-off... I set up a thread for both body-on and body-off pics of recent cars... so feel fre to post

and thanks for the link.. there are some setups in there that I can get some ideas from

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.