Search

EFRA decision. 5 cells -1350gr

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Then why did YOU comment on it?
Selective quoting I see .... you failed to include the post from Oscar Jansen that I was refering to which stated: 5 cell stock, 6 cell 19T, and Lipo for mod - which is what does not make sense. Why shoud stock run 5-cells and 19T run 6?

I am all for having all classes run with the same cell count - beit 4,5, or 6 cells... but what does not make sense is having seperate batteries for the various classes. I guess I did not spell that our clearly in my previous posts.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duckman996
I am all for having all classes run with the same cell count - beit 4,5, or 6 cells... but what does not make sense is having seperate batteries for the various classes.
Why? If only one class has a problem... and its by far the smallest class... why not just change the class that affects the least number of racers?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ottoman
Why? If only one class has a problem... and its by far the smallest class... why not just change the class that affects the least number of racers?
It is not modified that has a problem, it is TC racing in general. Modifed may be small, but it is still the most prestigious class in any electric R/C racing discipline. Change the rules just for modified and you might as well just eliminate it all together.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Anyone who is interested to be a part of the decisions, can join the meeting. If not, send someone from your country. If no one is intersested to put in the effort that others do, in order to make as good rules as possible, why complain?
Well, I agree. But there's a "but" here...
From what I heard it was also very important to be there after the meeting this year, since some "voted decisions by the delegates" were later on revised in some mysterious ways...

@HappyHippo: love your signature, just see me again at races if you need anything. I'll be glad to help you...
Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Actually, I run a 14 turn in mod truck...

Why should the minority in this hobby (Mod TC) dictate what the rest get to run? Let's face it, if one class goes 5 or 4 cell the rest have to follow...
i`m with vt on this i`m sure majority rules minority just have to live with it & get on with it

And if anyone say`s 27t are blowing up & 19t are blowing up ,that is down to 1975 design & rule limitations & drivers gearing them wrong in the first place
Old 11-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
i`m with vt on this i`m sure majority rules minority just have to live with it & get on with it

And if anyone say`s 27t are blowing up & 19t are blowing up ,that is down to 1975 design & rule limitations & drivers gearing them wrong in the first place
Agreed on 19T blowing up, but with 19T it's pretty much 1 run per brushes, might be a bit better with 5-cells...
Old 11-07-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
It is not modified that has a problem, it is TC racing in general. Modifed may be small, but it is still the most prestigious class in any electric R/C racing discipline. Change the rules just for modified and you might as well just eliminate it all together.
+1 on that....

At first, my opinion was that changing to 5-cells (originally 4-cell) in mod was a bad idea - and my justification was that Mod TC racing should be treated as the "Premier" event in TC racing ... and should be the fastest class to watch. By limiting cells in just that class and not in the others, you are only bringing the classes closer together ... which in the long run will eliminate mod racing together since a 5 cell mod will be pretty close to a well tuned 6-cell 19turn. By having all classes run the same battery configuration, that separation is there - still keeping Mod as the "Premier" racing class - with stock and 19T as the "junior legues" for those of us that are not as capable in wheeling an RC car.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burito
since some "voted decisions by the delegates" were later on revised in some mysterious ways...
That is very strange.
If the "ordonary delegates" canīt be on the manufacturers meeting, perhaps the manufacureres should not be in the delegates meeting?......
Old 11-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default UK question

So 5 cell is here !! right got that
are all classes 27t/19t/ mod all moving over to 5 cell ??

i think they should mainley coz drivers run in more then 1 class
don`t think having split cell count will do any good atall (apart from piss even more guy`s off

it`s so i can sort out what i will do next year 4 cell 5 cell 6 cell
Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Maybe this has been discussed before in the thread and maybe it hasn't. What about the effects on the handling characteristics of TCs. Currently, to my knowledge, all TC manufacturers have designed their platform for use with six sub-c cells. Remove one of those cells, and the handling characteristics potentially change by a significant margin.

To me - it appears that the TC manufacturers have the most to gain with this rule change. I don't see any companies stepping up to offer low cost five cell conversion kits. I realize the rule is new..... but my point is don't expect any conversion. Expect to spend another $400 on your favorite manufacturers "5-cell Euro Edition" or (5CEE for short). (Manufacturers, please contact me for the use of that terminology.

Most half decent electronics companies will replace blown ESCs or at least fix them for a minimal charge.

Motors.....of course these companies have something to gain - but a motor has never been a fully durable good. They become worn and are replaced on a regular basis. Motors being destroyed has alwasy been an issue and no matter how many cells are used, will continue to be. I won't buy into the motor arguemnt until someone shows me data. Top drivers seem to be able to gear and tune their motors properly. At some point you might have to admit that you cannot drive as well as them and that extra five degrees of timing isnt going to help you.

Tires. I am sick hearing about tires. Again, they are not a durable good. Expect to replace them on a regular basis. It happens and its part of racing. If you want the extra 0.1s or 0.2s that new tires will give you, expect to pay a premium. The other option is talking your local club into a spec tire or limiting the number of sets available per race. It seems to work at large events, why not at your club?
Old 11-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Tech Addict

@Anders: not completely sure how the presence of certain people do affect this particular matter, but I've a feeling what you try to say...
Old 11-09-2006, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

@Anders & Reto:

Well, I guess we are talking about the same feeling.
Long lives influence.......
ooooops
Old 11-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Iīm stuggeling with writing in English...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Maestro
Maybe this has been discussed before in the thread and maybe it hasn't. What about the effects on the handling characteristics of TCs. Currently, to my knowledge, all TC manufacturers have designed their platform for use with six sub-c cells. Remove one of those cells, and the handling characteristics potentially change by a significant margin.

To me - it appears that the TC manufacturers have the most to gain with this rule change. I don't see any companies stepping up to offer low cost five cell conversion kits. I realize the rule is new..... but my point is don't expect any conversion. Expect to spend another $400 on your favorite manufacturers "5-cell Euro Edition" or (5CEE for short). (Manufacturers, please contact me for the use of that terminology.

Most half decent electronics companies will replace blown ESCs or at least fix them for a minimal charge.

Motors.....of course these companies have something to gain - but a motor has never been a fully durable good. They become worn and are replaced on a regular basis. Motors being destroyed has alwasy been an issue and no matter how many cells are used, will continue to be. I won't buy into the motor arguemnt until someone shows me data. Top drivers seem to be able to gear and tune their motors properly. At some point you might have to admit that you cannot drive as well as them and that extra five degrees of timing isnt going to help you.

Tires. I am sick hearing about tires. Again, they are not a durable good. Expect to replace them on a regular basis. It happens and its part of racing. If you want the extra 0.1s or 0.2s that new tires will give you, expect to pay a premium. The other option is talking your local club into a spec tire or limiting the number of sets available per race. It seems to work at large events, why not at your club?
the new losi car is looking better and better now, isn't it?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Boy am glad I run a RC LAB 7-7 GT3, mid motor and saddle pack, I should have no problem with balance which ever way the rules go, but then I don't think it'll affect me, being all the way down in South Africa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.