Information:
EFRA 1:10 touring 2007

- 5 Cells
- min weight 1350gr
I knew this would happen.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What a waste of time, energy and paper...........

I think I will sell my Touring Car stuff now.......

-Shookie <><
Old 11-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

comon' thats just stupid. if you dont want to race that fast just put an element 19t v2 in your car and drive stock. why would you limit on 5 cells man, mod is supposed to go Fast.
from now, races will be decided on the batts as more volts is more speed. 6 cell would be decided on how much runntime you have and if you have too much you'd put a wind less in your motor. what will we be racing now to get some speed 5x1?

Mark
Old 11-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nope cause next month they will put another lame rule that only allows 10T motor limit.....

Let the games begin....
Guess I won't be racing any major events in the future...

What next 3cell rule for 12th scale cause we all know they are the true rockets on the track....?
-Shookie <><
Old 11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why exactly? I thought cars were ment to go as fast as possible or am i wrong?

Charles
Old 11-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

if it is limited to 5 cell or 4 cell, I guess Li-Po batteries will have no future in RC. Why cant the limit the motor turn instead of changing the no of cell rules??? Is there something fishy here?

I also wonder with just 4 or 5 cell used, what will the speed of servos and will our receiver stop functioning when the battery are low???
Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

I don't think this will do to much in terms of outright speed. It puts less wear on the motors, batteries are a tad cheaper, and the cars get the balance right...

With todays brushless systems, and development that rolls on, touting cars will be even faster in no time anyways...
Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MartinSorlie
I don't think this will do to much in terms of outright speed. It puts less wear on the motors, batteries are a tad cheaper, and the cars get the balance right...

With todays brushless systems, and development that rolls on, touting cars will be even faster in no time anyways...
balance!? with 5 cells my car would automaticly turn left if i set it up straight. comon i have to ad more than 60gr on the batt side to compensate novaks heavy GTB and 4,5 motor. spektrum HRS reciever Is already pretty small and light and so is my servo, so no way you could get the balance right with just 5 batts...
but, you could fill the 6th slot completely with your balance weights or something :P

thank god my local track has its own rules and regulations in mod racing. no motor limit, just 6cell nimh or ni-cd thats all. oh offcorse the normal rules like trackwidth spoiler size etc etc. one bummer, no traction controll allowed but i can live with it...

Mark
Old 11-04-2006, 11:47 AM
CAi
Tech Apprentice

Well the idea of this fantastic rule is coming from Sweden.......
So nothing new

Only think what is missing is that why are Danish also behind this
Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont even race mod touring but in my opinion, mod touring should not be limited by motor limit, battery limit etc. Reclassify it as "Super Touring" and let the stock guys have the limitations. The "Stock" category can then keep costs down for racers but why limit the top end racers?
Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

I think this is a good development. Just like Formula 1 once every few years a big change to get the speeds down and all developments will be boosted again to gain speed
Old 11-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

and has anybody actually thoguht about the practicallites of it "oh wheres my other battery tube... there it is, under the top deck"

Also... I didn't think there were any 5cell propasls for the EFRA AGM, had only heard of the 4cell ones.

Least us brits took the sensible option... have both 6cell and 4cell mod for the coming season. That way we can allow the racers to choose (and see what developments occur)

Ed
Old 11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Is it definitely going to be 5-cells and 1350gm? I was expecting 4-cell, and 1350 gm is actually going to be quite hard to achieve with 5-cells and a chassis built for 1500gms and 6-cells.

And for those of you that think this is the end of touring etc etc etc, it realistically only effects a handful of national and international races in Europe. There is no reason that any series other the the meetings EFRA themselves put their names to have to follow suit.

Personally speaking I think a decrease in voltage for the open mod class is a good thing, we've been cooking too many motors with the latest cells.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
Is it definitely going to be 5-cells and 1350gm? I was expecting 4-cell, and 1350 gm is actually going to be quite hard to achieve with 5-cells and a chassis built for 1500gms and 6-cells.

And for those of you that think this is the end of touring etc etc etc, it realistically only effects a handful of national and international races in Europe. There is no reason that any series other the the meetings EFRA themselves put their names to have to follow suit.

Personally speaking I think a decrease in voltage for the open mod class is a good thing, we've been cooking too many motors with the latest cells.
And thats because the motors are old tech..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.