Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing cars

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Choosing cars

Guys,

its time to move up, I need to upgrade my ride from NTC3 to either a Mugen MTX-4 or the Kyosho V-One RRR help me choose between the two cars any cons and pros between the 2 cars.

Thanks.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Mate,
I just got a MTX4 and it is awesome, it is soo smooth compared to my FW05rr its no longer a struggle to go around the track fast!.
I guess what you have to look at is support in your area. The kyosho was a good car but the support was really poor, as i would have to wait ages to get new parts.

For me it was between the serpent 720 and the MTX4 well you know which one i chose!., purely based on the availibilty of parts.

Last edited by ragent; 11-05-2006 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:44 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BeBop
Guys,

its time to move up, I need to upgrade my ride from NTC3 to either a Mugen MTX-4 or the Kyosho V-One RRR help me choose between the two cars any cons and pros between the 2 cars.

Thanks.
They are both excellent cars. I prefer the Kyosho and if you get one I would recommend getting the EVO WC or the RRR WC. You can convert the RRR to an EVO easily. They sell a conversion kit. The parts you get with the WC edition are what you want and it's less expensive to get them with the kit than to buy them seperate. As previously stated, local support can be very helpful when considering a new car.

Good luck.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i would go for the car that has the best parts supply in your area.
saying that, the mtx4 is an awsome car to run and you'll be more than happy with it
Old 11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default CHOOSING THE RIGHT CAR

I'm running the kyosho rrr and so far its the one for me the car has a large sweet spot parts are relatively cheap in price .
Old 11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

As every one has stated before you need to realy consider which one is supported in your area, parts support is very important. If i had to choose i think i would go with the world champ, its hard to beat a mugen, dependable, strong, and simple! I carry both, for cheap! But i race only mugens!!!!
In the end the choice is up to you!
Old 11-06-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

check to see what the other racers are running at the races that you are planning to attend that way if you have a problem or can't get the car to work you will be able to ask for help on setting up your car if you are the only one with that kind of car you are basically on your own if you break something on your caar and you are the only one running it you either have to carry your own parts or go home if you are running the same as other racers then you have a chance of getting spare parts that being said it is probably a toss up i run a mugen that is three years old and can usually find parts at the races that i attend good luck
Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

check to see whats being run at your track & scout out the car see what kinda issues are being had find out what car you can run out of the box also check the durability factor also clutch hope to see you winning soon