Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):) >

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Like Tree1Likes

new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)

Old 06-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Well, since disassembling and re-threadlocking the important bits in the 2-speed, I've been out three times with the DM-1, and it's held up great every time.. Think my car had just been sitting around in some Czech hobby shop for three years, and needed a going through..

Just back from the track. The Go runs great, but a guy there taped his cell phone with GPS to my DM-1, and my max speed was only 75kph.. He said his friend's stock GT2 hit 100kph.. Don't know how that's possible - but I guess it is.. Defo need a tooth if not two on the clutch bell for this huge track, but also want an engine with some more revs to it.. I'm thinking maybe a Werks B6 or the Alpha A872.. Starting to like this car more and more. Running on an onroad track is more fun than an offroad track IMO - at least those available to me..

Also got whacked by a 1/5 gasser head on(stupid ATS tires led to a spin-out - boom!! right in the nose - no probs... Don't know if it was from that or what, but I rattled free a cooling fin off the Go somehow today. Was thrashing that engine - my temp gun was constantly reading 300, but the spit test seemed to suggest it was cooler.. Don't know - and don't care really.. Bought the engine used and cheap, and want to thrash it to the max and see what happens..
Old 06-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default DM-1 spec bodies

What bodies are now available for the DM-1 spec, is there a list somewhere, or could I get some links please.
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by triple7s
What bodies are now available for the DM-1 spec, is there a list somewhere, or could I get some links please.
Thanks in advance.
You can use without mods:
protoform (kit body)
Ipanema Warrior
Alpha

I've seen some adapt some GT1 bodies but they are not direct fit.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by triple7s
Thanks in advance.
http://www.igthobbies.com/DM-1SPEC-BODIES_c_226.html

I just did a Viper lid for my Spec. Wasn't a direct fit, I had to cut my own rear wheel wells, but it still looks cool.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I need a little help from fellow DM-1 racers.

The car is getting better all the time, which is good as I am heading off to the Byron's race in a few weeks. Got the 150cc tank in the car, which other than adding fuel, gets the brakes out in the open, so easy to adjust.

But I need to find a header that will work. The larger tank actually moves to the outside of the chassis. Drain hole needs to move over 1/8" +/- and the tank is even further out. The stock header and pipe from the RTR keeps the pipe away from the tank. I picked up a Picco header that has the right shape, but is short by 1/4" +/- to get a 086 pipe (which is what I want with the engine I have for it).

So looking for header that has the right shape, correct ends (pipe is normall on road coupler with 3 springs) and long enough to get past the gas tank.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use this mainfold, OFN97505 from nitrohouse.com

I heated it up with a torch, bent it out slightly, and made a custom exhaust hanger. You can purchase longer exhaust hangers also.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I use this mainfold, OFN97505 from nitrohouse.com

I heated it up with a torch, bent it out slightly, and made a custom exhaust hanger. You can purchase longer exhaust hangers also.
Thanks ....... That worked well!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

These should stop well. Ofna upgrade disks, Ofna upgrade front pads, kyosho rear pads.Always had the front and wooked good. Added the rear and these should work really good.

I can get part numbers later and post them.
Attached Thumbnails new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)-dm1-brakes.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Alpha R3

Hello Guys, i just want to share with you our new body , Alpha R3 is
ready to race!

here is a pictures of the body , in our local race track, in the last race , i got the best
lap time , we are very excited with this new release !!

This body will fit all 330 mm wheelbase car's .

Soon we will show our Alpha R4 race body, Alpha R4 will fit the Kyosho Inferno GT2, Ofna DM One 1/7 and similars car's.

Hope as you enjoy this new body!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Hmmmm sexy... what about us spec dm1& gt1 people is something in the works?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by bobbyblaze; 12-01-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Awesome, can't wait to get these in the store!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Are the stock DM-1 tires really all that bad? I have two whole sets of rims and tires here from my two 1/7 kits.. If I glue them, I guess I need to trim the foam strips?.. Both the thin and the thick are too long to fit right..

Also, again, I ordered this Kyosho clutch-bell with the Evolva pinions, and the CB is really thin.. Will this fit over normal 1/8 buggy clutch shoes? It sure looks like it won't cover the shoes on my new 4-shoe Ascendancy clutch..
Old 06-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Are the stock DM-1 tires really all that bad? I have two whole sets of rims and tires here from my two 1/7 kits.. If I glue them, I guess I need to trim the foam strips?.. Both the thin and the thick are too long to fit right..

i have alot of tires from ofna & kyosho ... reason i don't use the stock foams it was hard to balance the wheels and the tires wore out in one spot....the best foams to use is the ofna yellow or the orange .....right now im trying the A.K.A foams and i like them

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Orange-Soft-6

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ellow-Medium-6

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Insert-Soft-4
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks. I assume you mean for buggies. I would have just trimmed them to fit - though I guess the glue-seam would have hardened and made a bump.. Is it really worth it though, investing in foams for the stock tires and rims? Am thinking of maybe ordering some Ipanema wides for front and rear.. Or the very cool looking Sweep radials..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.