Wiki Posts
Search

Calling All Superten/HPI Super/TGX/TGR owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Calling All Superten/HPI Super/TGX/TGR owners

Hi All,

Next weekend, 12 Nov, St Ives RC club will be running a Super Nitro Class at our Onroad Club.

It's a great opportunity for anyone with a Super sized Nitro vehicle to dust it off and have a race. These vehicles are incredibly fun to race and make for a great show. We already have enough for a class but more the better....

Vehicles that apply for the super class include:-
HPI Super Nitro
HPI Super Nitro Rally
Kyosho Superten (all series)
Tamiya TGX
TAMIYA TGR

Obviously we still running classes for Novice, Electric and Nitro so all entries are welcome.

For more information on who we are and where we race, see our St Ive RC thread.

See you there

Steve
Old 11-01-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

About time someone organised a race for super cars!

Havent run my 4 stroke Superten for ages, need to give the thumper a bit of a clean out but deffinately count me in!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Aaaah, the good ole four stroke Superten, they sounded great, went well too, if you make it it will be good to have you there....

Steve
Old 11-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default superten

How about 235 mm cars?

Vehicles that apply for the super class include:-
HPI Super Nitro
HPI Super Nitro Rally
Kyosho Superten (all series)
Tamiya TGX
TAMIYA TGR
Old 11-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

can you put a sedan body on a 235mm car?
Old 11-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Here is a pic of my 4 stroke superten........
Attached Thumbnails Calling All Superten/HPI Super/TGX/TGR owners-fw04-4-stroke.jpg  
Old 11-03-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitro dave
Here is a pic of my 4 stroke superten........
Wow, thats a very nicely looked after car. I will post mine later tonight when I get home, but it's looking a bit old compared with that...the tyres even look new on it.

What cover do you have for it?

Steve
Old 11-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by opposite lock
How about 235 mm cars?
Whilst we hate to turn anyone away, our track can't possibly support 235mm pan type cars, assuming thats what it is. If it's a genuine touring car (like I think the very first GV Holden bodied cars were 235mm) and it runs a small block .12 - .18 engine then sure, bring it along.

If you need more info or clarification, let me know

Steve
Old 11-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gambelli
Wow, thats a very nicely looked after car. I will post mine later tonight when I get home, but it's looking a bit old compared with that...the tyres even look new on it.

What cover do you have for it?

Steve
photo was taken about 3 years ago before one of the last races it had at the ACT gas titles.

it looks a little more used now yes, the tyres are new and still havent used them! i use GPM foam tyres but cant get them anymore so im using the rubbers now. bodies used on it are vt commodore (a bit trashed now) R33 skyline - current and the Loctite NSX all painted up pretty (but is my show body).

just remembered,the fan belt needs changing on the cooling fan and the fuel gauge needs to be reinstalled.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

photo was taken about 3 years ago before one of the last races it had at the ACT gas titles.
Oh right, yeah I was there, I was the one who organised it there as a class, I remember yours now....cool!

I was the one who won it with the GT1 (see pics) I broke the rear belt when I started it onb the bump starter for the final and had to do all 30 mins as front wheel drive!!! Tore my new tyres up pretty bad, infact I'm still running those same tyres!!!!

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Calling All Superten/HPI Super/TGX/TGR owners-gt1.jpg   Calling All Superten/HPI Super/TGX/TGR owners-superchassis.jpg  
Old 11-03-2006, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

well theres your first problem - belt drive

shaft drive rules !
Old 11-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

well theres your first problem - belt drive

shaft drive rules !
We shall see next weekend at Narrabeen!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Steve
Old 11-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

well the car had a 70% strip and rebuild today, full rebuild includding bearings will be done after this weekend. I Installed a centre one-way which works pretty good, sorted out the cooling fan issue i had (shaft jammed), reinstalled fuel gauge with battery monitor attached and setup the radio. ran a few tanks through it - took a little while to get going (hadnt run it for almost 2 years) but after it fired up it idled through 2 tanks without missing a beat! these 4 strokes are awsome little donks!

Do you know of anyone selling superten stuff? i need some parts and my usual supplier in the states (tower) has stopped selling kyosho I remember a guy down at canberra i raced with at the gas titles has a shite load of superten stuff but forgot his name anyway, looking forward to running it on the weekend. btw, where is the track? what is the race format and what time should i be there?

Dave
Old 11-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Dave,

The venue is the North Narrabeen Reserve which is off Pittwater Rd, (called Walsh St.) if you are coming from the North (Palm Beach end) or if you are coming from the Manly end you turn into Berry Ave then enter off Walsh st.

Entries being taken from around 9.30 and racing will start at 10.30am

I'd advise you to get there a bit earlier and have a bit of practice too. Two other guys running also haven't raced their's since ACT either so there be some rusty cars out there.

I recommend you run about 7mm ride height with about 2mm of rear droop and 1mm of front droop, and about medium - hard stiffness.

I have run my Super there once and it was a rocket, with the same setup I ran at ACT, infact it's the same setup I've run everywhere, I've never had to change it since I did my last change almost 6 years ago.

Our friend had a Superten, 2 stroke, and I remember that it was an evil handling thing untill we added the fair amount of rear droop.

I don't think he has any spares for sale unfortunately!!!

See you Sunday, it should be great!

Steve
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

TTT

Great weather expected for the weekend, c'mon out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.