Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which BL system the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally there is becomming less and less difference between the systems. Castle is still getting information back through the power wires and making some decisions based on this from what I have read. So are these realy sensorless? Castle is supposed to be working on software that will run the current roar legal motors. Maybe soon. Sensorless is not against roar rules it is the wind of the motor that is the problem. So if castle gets software that will work with the novak or ready motors you are roar legal. Otherwise someone will have to make a roar legal sensorless motor.

You will like any of them. I have a novak and lrp. They both work great. The sensor wire and connector itself is well basically crappy in my mind. If you are not doing serious roar races I would run the mamba. It looks good. It can handle more cells and I think they basically over engineered it so they will have less issues..
Old 10-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Isn't this a better choice ?

GM-Genius 80 brushless + brushed

Product information
World Champion software. The software is based largely on that of the GM SX12 controller, which won the World Championships in 2004. The integral micro-controller automatically detects the connected motor type from the motor wiring arrangement. Brushless motor. Brushed motor for models with reverse function (2/3 continuous load capacity, max. 9.6 V operating voltage). Brushed motor for models without reverse function (double continuous current capacity). Start-up protection function if stick is in wrong position when switched on. The controller is not armed until the stick is moved to the »motor off« or »brake« position. Ultra-simple controller set-up using four basic modes: 1.) Electric-powered model aircraft, all models (forward with EMF brake); factory default.
2.) All models without brake and without reverse function (power model aircraft, model boats).
3.) Model helicopters with speed regulation (governor mode).
4.) Models with brake and reverse function (model cars and boats).
Li-Po / Li-Io capable in basic modes 1 - 3; only for two cells in mode 4. The controller automatically detects the voltage of the drive battery in modes 1 - 3 when the battery is connected, and reduces power automatically when battery voltage falls below the permissible level (5/8 of initial voltage), in order to avoid deep-discharging the Li-Po / Li-Io cells. Basic requirement: a properly balanced battery pack, i.e. all cells must have the same capacity. Automatic detection when using motors with Hall sensors: when the drive battery is connected, the micro-controller checks whether Hall sensors are present and connected. If this is the case, the controller carries out a self-calibration process the first timethe motor is accelerated, so that the Hall sensors are used to provide optimum start-up. At higher rotational speeds the Hall sensors are by-passed, as this allows better timing and improved efficiency. Optimum regulatory and start-up characteristics, even with sensorless brushless motors. This makes it possible to use a vast range of motors in model cars.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

At this point, none of us can really say which system is really the "best" as there aren't any hard facts and testing to prove it. I will have to agree that there are many good choices to choose from and whichever one fits your needs & budget is the one you should buy. I'm just glad that we as the consumers have a much broader range to choose from as I think brushless systems are the future standard of R/C. The more choices we have, the more likely the prices are to drop.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,

I looking for the manual of Genius 95 and 80.... anyone know when I can found it?

thanks

Sampaio
Old 10-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Look Here. Just click on the product. It should be there.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

I'd prever the Genius 95 over the Genius 80.

The G80 can cause problems when running the 4,5T Motor with IB Cells.

The G95 is specialy designed to be used with these cells.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
Look Here. Just click on the product. It should be there.

Chris: thanks....

All, more one question anybody knows the internal resistence of Geniu 95.... In the manual I found a value of 0.001 to GM-80.... but for GM-95 isn't described......

I'm try to make a parallel between GM-95, Sphere Competition and GTB.... beucause in my track I verified the direference between distinct ESCs and motor, I mean, some ESCs are better than other when using a specific motor.....

Currently I'm running Stock class but, I the next year I'll begin to run mod.... so my idea is to use the same ESC in both categories....

[]s

Sampaio
Old 10-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

I can't help you with this but I'll give you something to think about ...

Orion chose to copy the GM Brushless ... I guess they tested nearly everything available out there ... so GM may work really well ;-)
Old 10-24-2006, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

This is the point, I'm thinking about buy a GM-95 or wait for I don't know how long time to buy the Orion......
Old 10-24-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

as it is both GM .. who cares
Old 10-24-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been testing the Mamba Max and 4600 motor.
My personal feelings on it are this.
Smoother throttle respounce is needed if you are just a stock or 19T guy like myself. It reacts much like a MOD motor does, smoothness counts.

If you already have a laptop then I would recommend this ESC it is so easy to tune. I was at the track and the guys I was running with said that the settings I had set were making the motor too fast for 19T so I fired up the laptop and made a quick adjustment, bingo right there. I have used the GTB, great ESC needs air though to keep it happy. I thought that the GTB had great and pretty easy to figure out settings. But once I have tried the Mamba ESC I am sold.
PLus it can do brushed motors as well.
Like someone posted about before they are working at upgrading the software to be able to use Sensored Motors as well. THat is the greatest feature to me, You can upgrade the software as Castle brings it out.

-Shookie <><
Old 10-24-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Martin Hofer
as it is both GM .. who cares
anybody knows a web store that sales than? Important: in english........... because I'll pay by paypall and I need the ESC and the setup software also.....

I'm looking for a especific topic about them, but not found yet, if anybody knows ones...... please tell me.....

About the Mamba Max, this is not an option for me, because of our local rules.... only sensored motors are alowed......

rgds

[]s

Sampaio
Old 10-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Rookie

@sampaio: You can get the setup-software for free:
http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/index.php?dl=109
Old 10-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

I think the term "system" will be short lived when it comes to brushless. Many companies, including Orion, are releasing motors that work with most brand ESC. So you will end up buying your favorite ESC and favorite motor just like is done with brushed equipment.

For instance, the Orion BL motor works incredibly well with the Novak GTB.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

But you get problems when trying a GM motor with a LRP ESC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.