Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Will rubber carpet overtake Foam carpet in the future??? >

Will rubber carpet overtake Foam carpet in the future???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will rubber carpet overtake Foam carpet in the future???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Will rubber carpet overtake Foam carpet in the future???

I've never raced rubber carpet but from what i hear that it is slower than foam but from the looks of things rubbers tire seem to way cheaper....i.e. no special foam chassis or high and continuing cost of foam tires

Lets talk about it
Old 10-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

oooooo goodie!!! A Foam vs. Rubber tire thread!!!!

Where's Seaball???
Old 10-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So far it has at my hometown track. We have a good turn out every Tuesday night. We run road course Tc, 19T/4300, on cs-27's. I'm not sure, but I think the oval boys are running 4300s on cs-27's class also. There's been some flack from our 1/12th scale guys, but they are coming to see that 30+ rubber tire guys a week is helping keep the lights on. I personally love it.

You don't have the traction, so the key to going fast is having a good chassis and being as aggressive as you can, while being as smooth as possible. I think over driving the car becomes a bigger penalty.

Try it, it's a lot of fun. It's like real cars. You don't need the most horsepower to win, so the guy that can get it down the best, (and drive of course), has a better chance of success.

Last edited by sportpak; 10-19-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Advil this will be insane.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We may be running a rubber class at our next trophy event Stan !

we were doing it a while in the summer. But we've since went back to foams.

less traction
lap times were about 1 sec a lap off of foams.
No chunks !!!!

you guy's at speedzone should try it somtime.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Rubber tire racing does cost less, but it is way slower. We used foams last year. This year we are running rubber tires this year. My cost in tires are down 30%. I still like foams better.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

What is the longevity of Rubber on Carpet? I can get weeks out of a set of foams, I start at 60mm and just keep them the same size until I hit the rim...
Old 10-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With rubber tire it is less expensive than running foam on carpet . When we used to have our indoor carpet track I went 3 complete sets of CS27 rubber tires the whole season compared to buying foams tires every couple of weeks due to roll out issue. With rubber tires your roll-out doesn't change. And you didn't even have to buy a conversion kit or different chassis to make your car work.

Damn I missed racing on carpet Now I race on asphalt running mod I go thru rubber tires like H3ll.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:01 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by sportpak
So far it has at my hometown track. We have a good turn out every Tuesday night. We run road course Tc, 19T/4300, on cs-27's. I'm not sure, but I think the oval boys are running 4300s on cs-27's class also. There's been some flack from our 1/12th scale guys, but they are coming to see that 30+ rubber tire guys a week is helping keep the lights on. I personally love it.

You don't have the traction, so the key to going fast is having a good chassis and being as aggressive as you can, while being as smooth as possible. I think over driving the car becomes a bigger penalty.

Try it, it's a lot of fun. It's like real cars. You don't need the most horsepower to win, so the guy that can get it down the best, (and drive of course), has a better chance of success.
Sup Ben.
You hit the nail right on the head. I love the spec rubber tire. No more truers, chunked tires, etc. The cars seemed to be hooked up this past tues. at our club. My XXXsG+ felt planted. I don't even want to touch foams.
With a good chassis setup. you can be very quick
David
Old 10-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Sup Ben.
You hit the nail right on the head. I love the spec rubber tire. No more truers, chunked tires, etc. The cars seemed to be hooked up this past tues. at our club. My XXXsG+ felt planted. I don't even want to touch foams.
With a good chassis setup. you can be very quick
David
Holy crap, it's Dave, it's one of my people!! I thought was on here all alone. Go on, tell them how much fun rubber tire racing is.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I've been told that TC on rubber tires last 10-50 longer than foams on carpet. Can't say it's true but I've been told so. Guys have been using RP-30's
Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

I feel a switch coming
Old 10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Move to Europe and you wont have any other choice than rubber. Foam is as distant for us as rubber is for (some of) you.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just to let you know, rubber tire become slower way before they are really used up. 5-6 runs are usually how long a tire stays fast, then you will start losing .2 a lap to a new set. Foams don't change that way, they just get smaller. Granted, side bite can be more or less depending on size, but they generally act the same.

If you don't race with crazy people who are always on new tires you may never notice it. If you do, the problem becomes apparent quickly. Then it's just as big of a money pit as foam.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Well so far I love rubber tire carpet racing...
Haven't had much experiance but I like how easy it to not worry about tires as much as anything else...
Gives you more time to spend on chassis setup...
I can not wait till I get more time on the rug....
-Shookie <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.