Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Team Magic Alpha stater box

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Default Trinity Team Magic Alpha stater box

Has anyone found these for sale yet and where?

Thanks,
Old 02-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

tower has em.... http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCSZ5&P=7
i don't think it is worth it 129.99 for a starter box

just my thought
Old 02-11-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Switch Blade;

Hey thanks, I just checked a few days ago and they were still on order.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:26 PM
Tech Master

i don't think it is worth it 129.99 for a starter box
If you've got old batteries around (as I suspect Pops does...) this might be one of the most economical choices. My friend has one, and if you only need it to start belted onroad cars, it should be great!

The box is super light, revs up quick (important when your car flamed out or you missed the call for your race ) and in comparison to having to buy a gel cell and charger, it could be cheaper than many other boxes.
Its great for touring cars.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Im2lazy
If you've got old batteries around (as I suspect Pops does...) this might be one of the most economical choices. My friend has one, and if you only need it to start belted onroad cars, it should be great!

The box is super light, revs up quick (important when your car flamed out or you missed the call for your race ) and in comparison to having to buy a gel cell and charger, it could be cheaper than many other boxes.
Its great for touring cars.
You're joking right? $129 for a starter box and it doesn't come with the batteries?? Who in their right mind would buy one of these when you can get an OFNA one for $70 + $15 for a gel cell. And if you don't like gel cells, you can get the new multi OFNA box that takes two stick packs for $70.. Even the Serpent box is $99.
Old 02-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

If you don't like to lug around the heavy gel cell equipped starter box, then this will appeal to you.

I have an OFNA, and so does just about everyone else at my track. It works fine, but it is super heavy and painted steel. I know they have that chrome top now, but the Alpha is still lighter, easier to clean and easier to work on and overall more convenient.

Also, if you are a forgetful (or lazy like me) and go to the track with an uncharged gel cell, your gonna end up having to use someone else's starter box. With the Alpha, you can charge both batteries quickly (as many ex-electric rc'ers have 2 chargers).
When I can, I try to start my car on my friends starter box (when he's out racing and I'm about to race, bathroom breaks, etc. ) Because its faster, easier and more fun ( its always fun when its not yours ).

If I had no budget restraints, and this came out when I got my starter box, I would have chosen this one. The Team Associated box is nice, but since I have a mugen, and don't anticipate on getting a NTC3, I see this as the best I've seen. If you are a present or ex-electric racer wanting a starter box for onroad belt cars, I would get this one (for reasons I've stated)

Also, there is one thing that you couldn't factor into your rationalization of my friends purchase of the Alpha starter box, which was that in Hawaii, for an OFNA box, gel-cell and charger, he would have only paid 10-15$ less than what he did. And furthermore, most of the money came from his grandmother as a christmas gift.

Sorry I drag on so long.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Guys;

You know I started writing a whole spiel on my reasons for wanting this box and thought;

I do not have to justify to anyone, on why I want this particular Starter box. It's my money, and am free to spend it anyway I see fit.

I asked a simple question, Switch Blade was kind enough to provide a simple answer and now my new box is on the way. End of story.

Thank you,

PS, Im2Lazy thanks, nice to see you back online here.

Last edited by popsracer; 02-12-2003 at 08:00 AM.
Old 02-13-2003, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

you guys should be able to get it from www.rotor.com.sg, they are the team magic distributor for Singapore.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EuroKRN: I hear ya. That box is pretty expensive. If they all start the cars, why pay more? At least thats the way I see it. But some people have the extra money to spend sooo...

popsracer: I don't think he was trying to tell you what to spend your money on. He look at what you wrote and suggested a less expensive box, thats it. People offer up suggestion to others all the time on these boards, so why did his suggestion get you so bent of shape?

For all he knew, you could have been a newbie who didn't know there were any other choices out there and was just trying to help.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Angry Darkseid;

Guys;

Just got my Team Magic starter box today and this thing is really neat. Very small and light, even smaller than my Serpent box. Has a hatch that lifts and flips open to access the battery compartment.

Last edited by popsracer; 02-14-2003 at 06:16 PM.